We can't judge god by our standards.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
03-12-2013, 07:24 AM
RE: We can't judge god by our standards.
(02-12-2013 11:18 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 01:46 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Assuming God were real, this is eerily true. God can kill innumerable children if he wants and there's nothing we can do about it.

Uh, we can tell him to fuck off?

Well, yes, we can, but it does nothing to enforce it. YHWH is free to kill all the children he wants with Tay Sachs and global floods, and we can't stop him.

Good thing there is no evidence he actually exists!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
03-12-2013, 09:53 AM
(02-12-2013 01:46 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Assuming God were real, this is eerily true. God can kill innumerable children if he wants and there's nothing we can do about it.
Similarly, Americans who believe that abortion is killing children can't do much about it. They can judge, but it doesn't accomplish much.
03-12-2013, 09:57 AM
(03-12-2013 09:53 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
Similarly, Americans who believe that abortion is killing children can't do much about it. They can judge, but it doesn't accomplish much.

Oh they can and do. Some attempt to pass legislation to directly challenge Roe v. Wade hoping for another shot at the Supreme Court. Others simply bomb abortion clinics and kill doctors. Your equivocation is both terrible and false. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
(03-12-2013 09:53 AM)alpha male Wrote:  

Children are human through socialization. Evil_monster

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
(02-12-2013 01:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  1. Easy enough. I'm not part of God's favored people, his favored team, so he's my enemy. God has no trouble with the wholesale slaughter of those he does not favor, and even that doesn't stop him from fucking over the Israelite's a few times anyways. So it's totally cool to pick favorites and fuck everyone anyways for no apparent reason. If it's good enough for God...
But you disagree, as is evident by your choice of wording. So, if you show favoritism, you're open to judgment for it.
Quote:2. Well God, if the 10 Commandments are anything to go by, is a real narcissist. The best way of getting under his skin is to deny him the one thing he craves the most; recognition of Him. Well, that's real fucking easy. God is the ultimate douche-bag and so I'll give him the silent treatment.
You can judge him as narcissistic, but are you narcissistic also? If so, you're open to judgment for it.
03-12-2013, 10:01 AM
(02-12-2013 11:18 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Uh, we can tell him to fuck off?

Yes, but only in a non-judgmental way. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2013, 10:03 AM
(03-12-2013 09:57 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh they can and do. Some attempt to pass legislation to directly challenge Roe v. Wade hoping for another shot at the Supreme Court. Others simply bomb abortion clinics and kill doctors. Your equivocation is both terrible and false. Drinking Beverage
The facts speak for themselves. It's been 40 years and Roe v. Wade is still the law of the land. Those who use violence are liable for judgment and punishment.
[+] 1 user Likes alpha male's post
03-12-2013, 10:09 AM
(03-12-2013 09:57 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 01:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  1. Easy enough. I'm not part of God's favored people, his favored team, so he's my enemy. God has no trouble with the wholesale slaughter of those he does not favor, and even that doesn't stop him from fucking over the Israelite's a few times anyways. So it's totally cool to pick favorites and fuck everyone anyways for no apparent reason. If it's good enough for God...
But you disagree, as is evident by your choice of wording. So, if you show favoritism, you're open to judgment for it.

Your conclusion doesn't follow your premise. Favoritism simply breeds more favoritism, nepotism, and other forms of in-group-out-group discrimination. You can see this in the American justice system, where a poor black man can get a life sentence for simple possession, and the Wall Street bankers that tanked the economy and have laundered billions in illicit money get nothing more than a slap on the wrist and a petty fines. If the poor black guy was judge under the same favoritism as the bankers, he'd be getting millions in bonuses for sucking at his job instead of life in prison.

(03-12-2013 09:57 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 01:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  2. Well God, if the 10 Commandments are anything to go by, is a real narcissist. The best way of getting under his skin is to deny him the one thing he craves the most; recognition of Him. Well, that's real fucking easy. God is the ultimate douche-bag and so I'll give him the silent treatment.
You can judge him as narcissistic, but are you narcissistic also? If so, you're open to judgment for it.

narcissistic
adjective
-having an excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.

Whenever I lay down a set of the 10 most important rules ever and dedicate the first four exclusively to my own vanity, and make these rules enforceable by the death penalty; then you can come back and accuse me of narcissism in the face of your fairy tales concerning your god concept. Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-12-2013, 10:17 AM
(03-12-2013 10:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Your conclusion doesn't follow your premise. Favoritism simply breeds more favoritism, nepotism, and other forms of in-group-out-group discrimination. You can see this in the American justice system, where a poor black man can get a life sentence for simple possession, and the Wall Street bankers that tanked the economy and have laundered billions in illicit money get nothing more than a slap on the wrist and a petty fines.
You don't understand my argument. It has nothing to do with whether favoritism is right or wrong. The point is that if you judge it as wrong, as you seem to do, but commit it yourself, you are also guilty.
Quote:Whenever I lay down a set of the 10 most important rules ever and dedicate the first four exclusively to my own vanity, and make these rules enforceable by the death penalty; then you can come back and accuse me of narcissism in the face of your fairy tales concerning your god concept. Drinking Beverage
Can I conclude from this that you are narcissistic to an extent, and it's only a difference in degree?
04-12-2013, 03:31 AM
(03-12-2013 10:17 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 10:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Your conclusion doesn't follow your premise. Favoritism simply breeds more favoritism, nepotism, and other forms of in-group-out-group discrimination. You can see this in the American justice system, where a poor black man can get a life sentence for simple possession, and the Wall Street bankers that tanked the economy and have laundered billions in illicit money get nothing more than a slap on the wrist and a petty fines.

You don't understand my argument. It has nothing to do with whether favoritism is right or wrong. The point is that if you judge it as wrong, as you seem to do, but commit it yourself, you are also guilty.

I do understand it, it's just stupid and flawed.

(03-12-2013 10:17 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 10:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Whenever I lay down a set of the 10 most important rules ever and dedicate the first four exclusively to my own vanity, and make these rules enforceable by the death penalty; then you can come back and accuse me of narcissism in the face of your fairy tales concerning your god concept. Drinking Beverage

Can I conclude from this that you are narcissistic to an extent, and it's only a difference in degree?

Everyone cares about themselves to a degree, it doesn't become 'narcissism' until it reaches the level being excessive and/or erotic. Forgive me if you can't be bothered to understand a definition when it's placed right in front of you. For fuck's sake, this is why your posts are a waste of space. Drinking Beverage