We can't judge god by our standards.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
06-12-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: We can't judge god by our standards.
(06-12-2013 12:00 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When you judge genocide as a good act by your loving god, it is YOUR standard that needs to be questioned, not mine.
What if I consider it a just act by my righteous god?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2013, 09:52 AM
(06-12-2013 09:40 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 12:00 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When you judge genocide as a good act by your loving god, it is YOUR standard that needs to be questioned, not mine.
What if I consider it a just act by my righteous god?

[Image: 2db95919.gif]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-12-2013, 09:56 AM
My rule of thumb is that the first person to resort to a funny picture/video loses. Shame too as I was gaining respect for you.
06-12-2013, 10:03 AM
(06-12-2013 09:56 AM)alpha male Wrote:  My rule of thumb is that the first person to resort to a funny picture/video loses. Shame too as I was gaining respect for you.

erm.......... was trying to have a sense of humor.............. geesh Blush

(apparently I need more coffee and.......... seriousness)

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
06-12-2013, 10:06 AM
(06-12-2013 10:03 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  erm.......... was trying to have a sense of humor.............. geesh Blush
Really? It came across as mockery of my position with no substance. Not sure how else to take it.
06-12-2013, 10:14 AM
(06-12-2013 10:06 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 10:03 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  erm.......... was trying to have a sense of humor.............. geesh Blush
Really? It came across as mockery of my position with no substance. Not sure how else to take it.

Your position has no substance?
(You said it. Not me.)

Yes it was a mockery. Mockery meant funny - people usually get that. Mockery sent in funny-format generally help people giggle at their own selves....peeking at what they just said - but via good nature.
Evil_monster

Seriously == I was just giving you shit. Cool Have people been smacking you around here in this forum; leaving you a tad touchy? You might lighten up a notch or twelve. If humor is wasted on you - that's fine. Sarcasm is a big thing for me. Not everybody gets it. And that's Really no biggie.Thumbsup I'll make a note that mockery and sarcasm aren't your cup of tea.
K?

PS your respect of me is not required. It would have been nice, of course, with me being the decent sort and all..........but......... it is not required.

have a nice day
&
find your smile

06-12-2013, 10:34 AM
(06-12-2013 10:14 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yes it was a mockery. Mockery meant funny - people usually get that. Mockery sent in funny-format generally help people giggle at their own selves....peeking at what they just said - but via good nature.
Evil_monster
Actually, no, mockery is not good-natured by definition.
Quote:Seriously == I was just giving you shit.
And I gave some back.
Quote:Cool Have people been smacking you around here in this forum; leaving you a tad touchy? You might lighten up a notch or twelve. If humor is wasted on you - that's fine. Sarcasm is a big thing for me. Not everybody gets it. And that's Really no biggie.Thumbsup I'll make a note that mockery and sarcasm aren't your cup of tea.
K?
I sometimes use mockery and sarcasm myself - but I don't pretend that the target should enjoy the humor of it.
06-12-2013, 10:42 AM
(06-12-2013 10:06 AM)alpha male Wrote:  

Take it as a given. From god, I get my righteousness as a prophet, from me, god gets identity. So when you say "a just act by my righteous god," the studio audience hears, "guilty, yer Honor." Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2013, 10:47 AM
alpha male, I admire your bravery of coming into the forum.
what kind of theist are you?

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
06-12-2013, 10:47 AM
(06-12-2013 10:34 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 10:14 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yes it was a mockery. Mockery meant funny - people usually get that. Mockery sent in funny-format generally help people giggle at their own selves....peeking at what they just said - but via good nature.
Evil_monster
Actually, no, mockery is not good-natured by definition.
Quote:Seriously == I was just giving you shit.
And I gave some back.
Quote:Cool Have people been smacking you around here in this forum; leaving you a tad touchy? You might lighten up a notch or twelve. If humor is wasted on you - that's fine. Sarcasm is a big thing for me. Not everybody gets it. And that's Really no biggie.Thumbsup I'll make a note that mockery and sarcasm aren't your cup of tea.
K?
I sometimes use mockery and sarcasm myself - but I don't pretend that the target should enjoy the humor of it.

See if someone can help me laugh at myself - I actually do enjoy it. But then I take most things said with humor - as humor -mockery, sarcasm and the lot. Unless I'm just dead serious about something like rape or child beating....truly subjects where no humor can be found....

That's just me tho.
Your mileage may vary.

At any rate - my intent was Not to make you upset, mad or feel belittled in any way. I was just trying to be goofy. And sorry you don't like funny pics. I do tend to use them a lot. I think in pictures so sometimes pictures help me convey my humor (and even not humor)

again
have a good day