We can't judge god by our standards.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
06-12-2013, 10:53 AM
RE: We can't judge god by our standards.
(06-12-2013 10:47 AM)djkamilo Wrote:  alpha male, I admire your bravery of coming into the forum.
what kind of theist are you?
Conservative Christian, inerrantist, YEC. I've been doing this for over a decade. It might have been brave at first, but now it's routine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Alpha - when you can rationalize an evil act as something that is righteous and just, then you truly have no morals.
You are the kind of person who can murder and rape and lead a genocide upon a group of people while in your own mind call each of these actions just and righteous.

It doesn't matter who commits an act of murder or rape or genocide. Those actions are harmful and immoral.
That means that just because a god does it doesn't change the morality of the act.
And the same is true regarding a person who believes an evil act is good if their god does it. It's still evil. It's still immoral.

Your view of justice & righteousness are in serious need of adjustment.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
06-12-2013, 01:12 PM
(06-12-2013 12:39 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Alpha - when you can rationalize an evil act as something that is righteous and just, then you truly have no morals.
Maybe, but that's not the issue. We disagree over what's evil. Until you can objectively prove that an act is evil, you can't prove that I'm rationalizing an evil act.
Quote:You are the kind of person who can murder and rape and lead a genocide upon a group of people while in your own mind call each of these actions just and righteous.
Nuh-uh. Tongue
Quote:It doesn't matter who commits an act of murder or rape or genocide. Those actions are harmful and immoral.
Sure, as you're using loaded words. Murder is by definition immoral, but not all killing is murder.
Quote:That means that just because a god does it doesn't change the morality of the act.
Why not? No one calls me immoral for using chemicals to kill a colony of ants. Why is that?
06-12-2013, 02:18 PM
(06-12-2013 01:12 PM)alpha male Wrote:  No one calls me immoral for using chemicals to kill a colony of ants. Why is that?

Comparing human life to a colony of insects is so old and transparent. >_<

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
06-12-2013, 02:48 PM
(06-12-2013 02:18 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Comparing human life to a colony of insects is so old and transparent. >_<
If it's old, it's because it's effective. Critics of god end up creating an ad hoc line at human life.

Not sure what you mean by transparent.
06-12-2013, 03:04 PM
(06-12-2013 09:40 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 12:00 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When you judge genocide as a good act by your loving god, it is YOUR standard that needs to be questioned, not mine.
What if I consider it a just act by my righteous god?
You're falling in the abyss of delusion. You think a just god would call for genocide in any caliber? What if that message wasn't from god but a corruption of Satan? Tell me, would you know the difference either way?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
06-12-2013, 03:14 PM
(06-12-2013 03:04 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You're falling in the abyss of delusion. You think a just god would call for genocide in any caliber?
Sure. If the people deserve death, a just god would call for their death.
06-12-2013, 03:18 PM
(06-12-2013 10:53 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Conservative Christian, inerrantist, YEC.

(06-12-2013 03:14 PM)alpha male Wrote:  ...a just god would call for their death.

A just god told me that Creationism was the only absolute evil. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-12-2013, 03:38 PM
(06-12-2013 03:14 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 03:04 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You're falling in the abyss of delusion. You think a just god would call for genocide in any caliber?
Sure. If the people deserve death, a just god would call for their death.
I GOT YOU POE! call me the poe catcher.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
06-12-2013, 03:40 PM
(06-12-2013 03:38 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 03:14 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Sure. If the people deserve death, a just god would call for their death.
I GOT YOU POE! call me the poe catcher.
YOU'RE WRONG! Call you the typical atheist. Angel