We can't judge god by our standards.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
07-12-2013, 03:53 PM
RE: We can't judge god by our standards.
(07-12-2013 03:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 03:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  Simple, I don't believe God\Love is superstition, I believe man made god/gods are superstition.

You're missing the point. God defined as Love does exist. God defined as made up by men does not.

I am not disagreeing with you. I am saying you are arbitrarily changing the meaning of the term God to mean other than what scripture us referring to. Your applied reasoning based on a false understanding of the term is not in question. This is taken from 1 John 4:8.
1 John 4:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Here I have factually proven that the term God used in scripture is identified as Love. You are blatantly disregarding this fact if you claim they are referring to something made up by men.

Once again, Love exists as surely as 1+1=2. Now you may wish to argue that God is not Love, but you can't claim that the writers of scripture are referring to something made up by men, nor am I. It is clearly saying in 1 John 4:8 about what is commonly experienced by all sane people in the simplest of terms and in perfect clarity.

Yes I think I do understand the mind of the atheist. The atheist mind changes the term God to mean something other than what it means in scripture, and then claim scripture is all fantasy based on the obscuring of the term. If you painted an exquisite masterpiece and invited someone to be moved by your inspired work, would you like that someone scribbling all over it and then absurdly claim that your work in fact is junk? I don't think you would. It is not a Godly (good) thing to do. Love would not do that.

Hey look who's back, Happy Holidays. hope your family is well. Please learn to close all of your quotes so that you don't end up with blank posts like that. God is still love right?
I do have problems with these quotes. Thanks for the welcome. Yes, as always, Love rules.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 03:56 PM
(07-12-2013 03:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 01:09 PM)childeye Wrote:  Since you are judging the god (false god) humans created , then you are not judging God. We are therefore in agreement, I don't believe in the god humans created either. However I logically therefore do believe in the word of God that clearly is able to expose the false god.

And from whence cometh that word since all the books are made up?
The word of God comes from the heart. Surely you know where Love resides.
07-12-2013, 03:56 PM
(07-12-2013 03:53 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 03:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Hey look who's back, Happy Holidays. hope your family is well. Please learn to close all of your quotes so that you don't end up with blank posts like that. God is still love right?
I do have problems with these quotes. Thanks for the welcome. Yes, as always, Love rules.

Indeed love is wonderful, fantastic feeling I highly recommend it. However I still disagree that it is a deity. But just figured I'd say hello, it seems the new kids got you covered this time.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-12-2013, 05:35 PM
(07-12-2013 03:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  I have proven God exists since the precept of the definition of the term I am using is referring to the goodness in mankind called Love.

If having it explained to you dozens of times has not yet taken, I see very little point in attempting once more. But it's not like I have anything better to do for the next five minutes.

Human emotions exist. That is true. Not a single word of your conclusions follows from this premise.

Human emotions don't have sons.

Drinking Beverage

(07-12-2013 03:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  Love does exist as the goodness in mankind. Of course I know that Love is not based upon the existence of superstition. Moreover this is not my God, but everyone's God. It is not a matter of yours or mines opinion.

In attaching the label 'God' you are imputing an externality, a continuity, an agency, a purpose, and a thousand other things, absent all coherence, evidence, or providence.

These are things you just made up. There is no link. The subjective personal experience of a crazy person is not compelling.

(07-12-2013 03:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  Simple, I don't believe God\Love is superstition, I believe man made god/gods are superstition.
You're missing the point. God defined as Love does exist. God defined as made up by men does not.

If love exists, then love exists. If you decide to call it something else, then love exists.

Whereas according to you:
Love exists,
THEREFORE a moldy old contradictory and indeed falsifiable book of jumbled-up melting-pot mythology which happens to say as much in a couple places is true. And divinely inspired, because that's a thing human emotions can do now.

Yeah. "Logic".

I have a tiger-repelling rock whose operational principles bear more connection to reality.

(07-12-2013 03:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes I think I do understand the mind of the atheist. The atheist mind changes the term God to mean something other than what it means in scripture,

Where 'scripture' here means, by application of the usual insane troll logic, Christian scripture.

For no reason.

(07-12-2013 03:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  and then claim scripture is all fantasy based on the obscuring of the term. If you painted an exquisite masterpiece and invited someone to be moved by your inspired work, would you like that someone scribbling all over it and then absurdly claim that your work in fact is junk? I don't think you would. It is not a Godly (good) thing to do.

This appears to have no relevance to anything ever.

(07-12-2013 03:40 PM)childeye Wrote:  Love would not do that.

I think you'll find abstract concepts referring to collections of human neurological states and situations don't tend to do much of anything.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
07-12-2013, 05:54 PM
(07-12-2013 03:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 03:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  And from whence cometh that word since all the books are made up?
The word of God comes from the heart. Surely you know where Love resides.

Love resides in my mind/brain as do all of my emotions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2013, 05:59 PM
We all know the feeling of laughter and comedy. I think these must be Gods as well. Then there's anger....ooops i mean Anger, Frustration, Lust, Empathy, Hate, etc, these must be Gods as well Drinking Beverage

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
07-12-2013, 08:33 PM
(07-12-2013 03:22 PM)Free Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 02:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  I applaud your attention to detail. However, your conclusion is not accurate. Respectfully, your conclusion is based on semantics inherent in language. You
said it yourself, that Jesus is a son of the Most High just like everyone who has His Word abiding in them. This is not polytheism simply because there is still only One Father. I and the Father are one is indicative of a sound logical spiritual reasoning, not polytheism. That there is One Truth that can live in all men.

If you are son of an elephant, you would also be an elephant. If you are the son of a lion, you would also be a lion. If you are the son of a man, you would also be a man.

Therefore, if you are the son of a god, then you would also be a god.

Hence, polytheism.

And Son of Sam is also a Sam.

But the son of a donkey may be a donkey, or it may be a mule or a hinny.

So why does the catholic church have so many fathers who have no offspring?

Word soup.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
07-12-2013, 08:41 PM
(07-12-2013 05:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 03:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  The word of God comes from the heart. Surely you know where Love resides.

Love resides in my mind/brain as do all of my emotions.
I'm not speaking of the literal heart organ. I suppose you never heard of a broken heart? It is not cured by surgery. I highly doubt that when your feelings get hurt you get a headache.
07-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Childeye's apologetics:

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
07-12-2013, 09:03 PM
(07-12-2013 08:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 05:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  Love resides in my mind/brain as do all of my emotions.
I'm not speaking of the literal heart organ. I suppose you never heard of a broken heart? It is not cured by surgery. I highly doubt that when your feelings get hurt you get a headache.

A broken heart is a psychological issue dude, just like a fallen ego and damaged pride. Psych problems tend to be localised in and to the brain.

Unless we are talking Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, then it's kind of in the heart and the brain...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post