We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
02-10-2016, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2016 10:04 PM by theBorg.)
Smile We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
What is the Reality? It is the objective thing, which exists even without our knowledge of its existence.

The Reality can be the "inner" and "outer". The false gods "exist" in inner reality (the humans' fantasies). A god is false, if he does not exist in "outer reality", but is claimed to exist in outer reality. For example the Flying Spaghetti Monster has not created the Universe, despite the jokes of his followers: the True God is not familiar with this name.

The True God is not the false one. And the Reality is the opinion of the True God.
This opinion is the objective Reality for all the people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
[Image: word-salad.png]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 7 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
02-10-2016, 10:25 PM
(02-10-2016 10:18 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  [Image: word-salad.png]
Copy text to https://translate.google.com/
Press the "Detect language."
Report us the output.

If even the mindless program recognizes the English, then the problem is in the reader: he is bullying.
02-10-2016, 10:34 PM
*Sigh*

Yah, I'm at home.. on my week end and slightly bored.

(02-10-2016 09:56 PM)theBorg Wrote:  What is the Reality? It is the objective thing, which exists even without our knowledge of its existence.

Okay, yes... right so far. Yes

(02-10-2016 09:56 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Reality can be the "inner" and "outer". The false gods "exist" in inner reality (the humans' fantasies). A god is false, if he does not exist in "outer reality", but is claimed to exist in outer reality. For example the Flying Spaghetti Monster has not created the Universe, despite the jokes of his followers: the True God is not familiar with this name.

Okay.. so you make a definition "Inner" and 'Outer'. You then point out how something which is effectively 'Only' possible within the 'Inner' is not necessarily 'Real'... and then go on to jump to the conclusion that 'Something else' is real WITHOUT actually demonstrating (As in supplying EVIDENCE ) that this is so. Facepalm

(02-10-2016 09:56 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The True God is not the false one. And the Reality is the opinion of the True God.

Finishing off by simply copying/repeating your assertion from previously.

Dear Borg... do you really understand the problem with your above statement? Consider

Including not whether it 'is' English.... but whether it is good/PROPER English? Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
02-10-2016, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2016 10:43 PM by Reltzik.)
(02-10-2016 10:25 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 10:18 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  [Image: word-salad.png]
Copy text to https://translate.google.com/
Press the "Detect language."
Report us the output.

If even the mindless program recognizes the English, then the problem is in the reader: he is bullying.

The problem isn't the reader. The problem is that Google Translate, along with most other automatic translation software, gives clunky, awkward sentences that don't convey the level of abstract nuance required for philosophical discussion, and utterly fails to test sentences for whether they actually mean things in the language they register as.

Anyone who wishes to test this can copy the following sentence into Google Translate:

Marry hat uh lid tell am, ids fleas wuss wide has know.

If Google Translate detects this as English, then Google Translate's detect language function cannot be trusted to correctly identify what is and is not intelligible English.

EDIT: I mean seriously, while all those words are in English, it's not even grammatically correct, and even if it were Chomsky (I think) showed decades ago that grammatically correct sentences can easily be unintelligible.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
02-10-2016, 10:40 PM
Alright.... I'm gonna go with....

Dicks out for Harambe? Consider

I dunno, I got nothing else for this shit. I'm gonna go watch the first episode of Westworld. Have fun guys.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
02-10-2016, 10:41 PM
(02-10-2016 10:36 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Anyone who wishes to test this can copy the following sentence into Google Translate:

Marry hat uh lid tell am, ids fleas wuss wide has know.

And here's something en français that's actually English:

Un petit d'un petit
S'étonne aux Halles
Un petit d'un petit
Ah! degrés te fallent
Indolent qui ne sort cesse
Indolent qui ne se mène
Qu'importe un petit
Tout gai de Reguennes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
02-10-2016, 11:00 PM
(02-10-2016 09:56 PM)theBorg Wrote:  What is the Reality? It is the objective thing, which exists even without our knowledge of its existence.

The Reality can be the "inner" and "outer". The false gods "exist" in inner reality (the humans' fantasies). A god is false, if he does not exist in "outer reality", but is claimed to exist in outer reality. For example the Flying Spaghetti Monster has not created the Universe, despite the jokes of his followers: the True God is not familiar with this name.

The True God is not the false one. And the Reality is the opinion of the True God.

[Image: 53659171.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 9 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-10-2016, 11:01 PM

If I'm deciphering this correctly, I'm in agreement with you up until you start assuming the existence of a true god in the, erm, "outer reality".

I already knew you assume it, but you've offered no basis for me doing so. To all appearances, there are no gods at all in "outer reality", the god that you worship only exists in "inner reality", is just as false as all the others, and reality is fact rather than opinion.

Whether your god is true or false is the nature of the argument between us, and in particular the question of what evidence is there to show otherwise. And in insisting that all other gods are false (which we agree with) while yours is true (which we don't agree with), and in failing to provide any evidence for your god being real beyond a naked assertion, and in instead spending most of your effort belaboring what you mean by true gods or false gods, you have woefully, comically, pitifully, impotently, pathetically, hilariously missed the point.

This is not just a failure of translation. This is a persistent failure to comprehend anything, at all, about the fundamentals of the discussion, to the point where it's unable to even BE a discussion.
[+] 6 users Like Reltzik's post
02-10-2016, 11:01 PM
(02-10-2016 09:56 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The True God is not the false one.

All gods are false ones. You god's pettiness shows it to be the same sad human construct as every god ever worshipped.

Quote:And the Reality is the opinion of the True God.

Reality simply is. It needs no imaginary friend.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post