We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
04-10-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(04-10-2016 06:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 10:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yes, it is. It's in the law.

Genesis 1:28 - G-d blessed them and G-d said to them, "Be fertile and increase, fill the earth and master it..."

In traditional Judaism, marriage is viewed as a contractual bond commanded by God in which a man and a woman come together to create a relationship in which God is directly involved. (Deut. 23:22 and 24:1)

That just commands people to fuck. It says nothing of marriage.

I looked into this. You're right! Marriage is not a Torah law. I thought it was. Turns out, it's a Rabbinic law. Having sex outside of marriage is not a sin in Judaism, so it makes sense that having a kid outside of a marriage contract would satisfy the commandment to have children.

So, given that Jesus was a Jew and spoke of upholding Jewish law, he sinned by willfully not having children, and he committed a lesser sin by having not married.

Ergo... Jesus was a filthy sinner.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2016, 10:31 AM
(04-10-2016 10:13 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 06:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  That just commands people to fuck. It says nothing of marriage.

I looked into this. You're right! Marriage is not a Torah law. I thought it was. Turns out, it's a Rabbinic law. Having sex outside of marriage is not a sin in Judaism, so it makes sense that having a kid outside of a marriage contract would satisfy the commandment to have children.

So, given that Jesus was a Jew and spoke of upholding Jewish law, he sinned by willfully not having children, and he committed a lesser sin by having not married.

Ergo... Jesus was a filthy sinner.

Hard to find time to have children when you have such an unhealthy fixation for sheep. Maybe he forgave himself?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
04-10-2016, 10:41 AM
(04-10-2016 09:15 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The fact is, what the Theism exists. So, the sentence "theists are delusional" is the claim. Very rude one.

I'm sorry to ask, but are you mentally challenged (as we now have to say to be politically correct)? I'm not trying to insult you, but from the nonsensical content of your comments here, you appear to possess only a very low IQ, possibly in the double-digit range. If you do, please let me know, and I'll type very slowly in future.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
04-10-2016, 10:46 AM
So like how we say, there's no false unicorns

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-10-2016, 11:44 AM
(04-10-2016 09:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ..............
You think the Hindus are delusional. They think you are delusional. We think both of you are right. It's really that simple.
Peace, "friend", were should be no fight among the True God's people.
Suppose, the "Obamians" do believe, what an Obama has created the Universe.
Can the Obamians be called "delusional", if they are not the 100 percent convinced?
04-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Yes. Borg, I'll make the claim that theists are ...

delusional.
adjective
1. having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:

2. Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness:

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
04-10-2016, 11:50 AM
(04-10-2016 11:46 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Yes. Borg, I'll make the claim that theists are ...

delusional.
adjective
1. having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:

2. Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness:
Check the reality, friend! See: the (Global) Science has never destroyed any of the beliefs.
04-10-2016, 11:51 AM
(04-10-2016 09:44 AM)theBorg Wrote:  In what they all the Christians are in delusion? Many of them say: "we do not know for sure yet, but we have decided to behave and live our life as if the Jesus Christ is the Godman. See: a real thing exists, even if we do not know it." How this "cold" logic can be a delusion???

I do believe that all Christians who believe in the supernatural aspects of Christianity -- Miracles, resurrection, Original Sin, substitutionary atonement, heaven, hell, Holy Spooks and Satan -- are definitely delusional. No exceptions.

It is possible to practice the better aspects of Christian morality without believing silly things. In fact one need not even be a Christian in order to do that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
04-10-2016, 11:57 AM
(04-10-2016 11:51 AM)Astreja Wrote:  .................
I do believe that all Christians ...... are definitely delusional. No exceptions.
Such belief is aggressive, thus, your atheism is wrong.
04-10-2016, 12:01 PM
(04-10-2016 11:57 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 11:51 AM)Astreja Wrote:  .................
I do believe that all Christians ...... are definitely delusional. No exceptions.
Such belief is aggressive, thus, your atheism is wrong.

You being on an atheist forum acting like a prick is aggressive, therefore your beliefs are wrong. Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post