We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
04-10-2016, 04:19 PM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
Three people go into a restaurant and order a meal, the bill comes to $25. They each give $10, the waiter brings back $5 change. They each take back $1, and leave the remaining $2 for the waiter as a tip.
So, they gave $10 and got $1 back, which means they spent $9 each. OK $9 x 3= $27 + $2 (for the waiter) = $29. What happened to the missing dollar ?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
04-10-2016, 04:46 PM
(04-10-2016 04:19 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Three people go into a restaurant and order a meal, the bill comes to $25. They each give $10, the waiter brings back $5 change. They each take back $1, and leave the remaining $2 for the waiter as a tip.
So, they gave $10 and got $1 back, which means they spent $9 each. OK $9 x 3= $27 + $2 (for the waiter) = $29. What happened to the missing dollar ?

They each gave $9 for a total of $27; $25 went to pay the bill, $2 went to the waiter.

Math is clear, language can obfuscate.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Batman is One True God.

[Image: 8a9cc5de7ef8a0074972e64cf2706eb5.jpg]

He's also got more written about him than Jesus.
04-10-2016, 07:54 PM
(04-10-2016 01:00 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 12:56 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Why? See:

Because bible says:...........

How exactly this answers my question "Why?"
04-10-2016, 08:05 PM
(04-10-2016 01:31 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 11:57 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Such belief is aggressive, thus, your atheism is wrong.

Aggression has nothing to do with the rightness or wrongness of a view.........
Until there is credible evidence for the supernatural, it is reasonable to think that people who believe in the supernatural are indeed delusional.

1) How can they be delusional, if they say, what belief is the free choice of the free sane human? In the Science it is called "following the hypothesis". Please respect all the people, "friend"! 2) the aggression is wrong, because it is wrong social behavior. Look the whereabouts:

04-10-2016, 08:10 PM
(04-10-2016 08:05 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 01:31 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Aggression has nothing to do with the rightness or wrongness of a view.........
Until there is credible evidence for the supernatural, it is reasonable to think that people who believe in the supernatural are indeed delusional.

1) How can they be delusional, if they say, what belief is the free choice of the free sane human?

I don't believe you understand what the word 'sane' means. Consider

Quote:In the Science it is called "following the hypothesis". Please respect all the people, "friend"! 2) the aggression is wrong, because it is wrong social behavior. Look the whereabouts:

Suck it up, you prig.

04-10-2016, 08:42 PM
(04-10-2016 08:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:05 PM)theBorg Wrote:  1) How can they be delusional, if they say, what belief is the free choice of the free sane human?

I don't believe you understand what the word 'sane' means. Consider

Quote:In the Science it is called "following the hypothesis". Please respect all the people, "friend"! 2) the aggression is wrong, because it is wrong social behavior. Look the whereabouts:

Suck it up, you prig.
Prig? How come you afraid to box me in my place? Who of us two are hiding behind the ocean? It is easy to insult, if you are protected by the distance. But it is still the sin.
04-10-2016, 08:44 PM
(04-10-2016 08:42 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't believe you understand what the word 'sane' means. Consider

Suck it up, you prig.
Prig? How come you afraid to box me in my place? Who of us two are hiding behind the ocean? It is easy to insult, if you are protected by the distance. But it is still the sin.

You come in here with crazy talk, spamming the forum with your tripe, and trying to tell us how to behave.
Fuck off.

04-10-2016, 08:47 PM
(04-10-2016 08:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:42 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Prig? How come you afraid to box me in my place? Who of us two are hiding behind the ocean? It is easy to insult, if you are protected by the distance. But it is still the sin.

You come in here with crazy talk, spamming the forum with your tripe, and trying to tell us how to behave. f****
I am former successful lecturer in Tartu University, so I am used to teach. I am teaching gently.
04-10-2016, 08:49 PM
(04-10-2016 08:47 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  You come in here with crazy talk, spamming the forum with your tripe, and trying to tell us how to behave. f****
I am former successful lecturer in Tartu University, so I used to teach. I am teaching gently.

You are not teaching successfully. You are just bloviating.