We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
04-10-2016, 08:53 PM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(04-10-2016 08:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:47 PM)theBorg Wrote:  I am former successful lecturer in Tartu University, so I used to teach. I am teaching gently.

You are not teaching successfully. You are just bloviating.

This is only a denial tactic. The denial tactic does not try to disprove, it only blindly denies everything a theist says. But your response would be more funny so: "teacher, leave the kids alone!", see:

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2016, 08:54 PM
(04-10-2016 08:53 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are not teaching successfully. You are just bloviating.

This is only a denial tactic. The denial tactic does not try to disprove, it only blindly denies everything a theist says. But your response would be more funny so: "teacher, leave the kids alone!", see:

Would you like to ask the audience what they think? I bet I can predict the outcome quite accurately.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2016, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 09:02 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-10-2016 08:05 PM)theBorg Wrote:  1) How can they be delusional, if they say, what belief is the free choice of the free sane human? In the Science it is called "following the hypothesis". Please respect all the people, "friend"! 2) the aggression is wrong, because it is wrong social behavior. Look the whereabouts:

Free choice has nothing to do with it. The fact is, there is as much EVIDENCE for any god as there is for pink unicorns. It someone says they freely believe in pink unicorns, are they not delusional ? Same goes for your god(s). "Following a hypothesis" is NOWHERE in science. If there is EVIDENCE to support one, then it is supported.

If you were successful at Tartu University, then it's a crap school. YOU are a crap teacher. You couldn't teach First Grade.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-10-2016, 09:05 PM
(04-10-2016 08:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:05 PM)theBorg Wrote:  1) How can they be delusional, if they say, what belief is the free choice of the free sane human? In the Science it is called "following the hypothesis". Please respect all the people, "friend"! 2) the aggression is wrong, because it is wrong social behavior. Look the whereabouts:

Free choice has nothing to do with it. The fact is, there is as much EVIDENCE for any god as there is for pink unicorns. It someone says they freely believe in pink unicorns, are they not delusional ? Same goes for your god(s). "Following a hypothesis" is NOWHERE in science. If there is EVIDENCE to support one, then it is supported.

If you were successful at Tartu University, then it's a crap school. YOU are a crap teacher. You couldn't teach First Grade.

How I suppose to separate the denial tactic from an argument in this comment?
The argument is greatly contaminated by the wishful thinking, and by the denial tactic.
04-10-2016, 09:08 PM
(04-10-2016 09:05 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Free choice has nothing to do with it. The fact is, there is as much EVIDENCE for any god as there is for pink unicorns. It someone says they freely believe in pink unicorns, are they not delusional ? Same goes for your god(s). "Following a hypothesis" is NOWHERE in science. If there is EVIDENCE to support one, then it is supported.

The argument is greatly contaminated by the wishful thinking, and by the denial tactic.

Your behavior here is the evidence that you are an incompetent teacher.

04-10-2016, 09:10 PM
(04-10-2016 09:05 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Free choice has nothing to do with it. The fact is, there is as much EVIDENCE for any god as there is for pink unicorns. It someone says they freely believe in pink unicorns, are they not delusional ? Same goes for your god(s). "Following a hypothesis" is NOWHERE in science. If there is EVIDENCE to support one, then it is supported.

I could care less what you do, fool. Deal with it.
The fact is, instead of answering the POINT, you attempted EVASION, and answered nothing.

You're very obviously an incompetent loser.
You didn't answer the POINT, and you can't as you are a delusional uneducated idiot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-10-2016, 09:27 PM
(04-10-2016 09:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 09:05 PM)theBorg Wrote:  How I suppose to separate the denial tactic from an argument in this comment?

Your behavior here is the evidence that you are an incompetent teacher.
Bad behavior??? Let us find the degree of my "crime". Let us start with the worst case scenario: How many members I have physically killed? Please make your guess. I need to hear this from you.
04-10-2016, 09:32 PM
(04-10-2016 09:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 09:05 PM)theBorg Wrote:  How I suppose to separate the denial tactic from an argument in this comment?

I could care less what you do, fool. Deal with it.
The fact is, instead of answering the POINT, you attempted EVASION, and answered nothing. ........
Dear friend, please make your point again. But this time do not contaminate it with insults, wishful thinking, baseless assumptions (the atheism is just the baseless assumption), without the denial tactic.
04-10-2016, 09:37 PM
(04-10-2016 09:32 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 09:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I could care less what you do, fool. Deal with it.
The fact is, instead of answering the POINT, you attempted EVASION, and answered nothing. ........
Dear friend, please make your point again. But this time do not contaminate it with insults, wishful thinking, baseless assumptions (the atheism is just the baseless assumption), without the denial tactic.

Atheism is not " the baseless assumption", it is the rejection of a claim made with no evidence.

Your understanding of logic is non-existent.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-10-2016, 09:39 PM
(04-10-2016 08:05 PM)theBorg Wrote:  1) How can they be delusional, if they say, what belief is the free choice of the free sane human?

Delusion is a state in which one's beliefs do not align with reality.

People who believe in unproven and highly improbable things despite contrary evidence are indeed delusional.

Quote: In the Science it is called "following the hypothesis".

Hypotheses that cannot be tested are useless and can be discarded. Hypotheses that can be tested are either falsified or form the basis of new theories. Your "true god" hypothesis, being empirically un-testable, can be discarded.

Quote: Please respect all the people, "friend"!

You are not My friend. Furthermore, I do not want you as My friend. You began disrespecting non-believers with your very first post on this forum and you have not yet apologized for your shameful behaviour. You have told lies about people. You have changed posters' messages by omitting key words, thereby changing the meaning of what they wrote. You make highly disrespectful and misogynistic comments to females on the forum.

No, theBorg, I would prefer to think of you as My enemy. You are the modern-day representative of a religious cult that invaded Norway a thousand years ago and tried to destroy our culture. It's payback time.

Quote:2) the aggression is wrong, because it is wrong social behavior.

You, deluded little dickhead, do not get to dictate the emotions of others. I will be as aggressive as I feel the situation warrants. I really don't care if you like it or not, because you have forfeited all rights to My respect and I am not the forgiving type.
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post