We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
05-10-2016, 09:15 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(05-10-2016 08:01 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 05:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your thinking is barely human, let alone rational. .........

So, you are new in Quantum Physics? There is proven the absence of human logic, if the world is "right", see:

Is lack of Human Logic proven in 2016? https://www.researchgate.net/post/Is_lac...en_in_2016

QM is non-intuitive, but it is logical. I will chalk this one up to English not being your first language.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2016, 09:15 AM
(05-10-2016 08:37 AM)theBorg Wrote:  See: "someone" is not the Truth-Seeker, because he found absolute rest in the atheism. The Truth-Seeker seeks. The atheist still believes in "burden of proof" crap.

For that mendacious bit of tosh, I think that your university degrees should be cancelled and that you should be banned for life from Researchgate. You are no scientist -- You are a religious kook playing dress-up in a lab coat.
05-10-2016, 09:16 AM
(05-10-2016 09:04 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 08:59 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Which manuscript?
Your "disproof" of the True God is in a manuscript, in a book?

Because maybe it's none of your fucking business, that's why.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
05-10-2016, 09:17 AM
Evidence that Arch Thingy Kiril is really a bot.

He has an off switch on his head.

[Image: 2vvmmba.jpg]

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 3 users Like Gloucester's post
05-10-2016, 09:17 AM
(05-10-2016 08:15 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 08:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I see.
Please expound on this a little.

I am interested in how it is you have experience on all the possible things you can do with your friends butts.
It is not the atheism. So, do you want to become the True Christian?

Do I get to experience your friends butts too ?
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-10-2016, 09:18 AM
(05-10-2016 04:46 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Thanks for watching. Take the lollipop...

Much as I would like to suggest that said lollipop be inserted into your rectum with egregious force, that would necessitate being in the same room with you. No
05-10-2016, 09:19 AM
(05-10-2016 09:17 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 08:15 AM)theBorg Wrote:  It is not the atheism. So, do you want to become the True Christian?

Do I get to experience your friends butts too ?
Weeping

Um, do you want too?

Weird!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
05-10-2016, 09:27 AM
(05-10-2016 08:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 08:48 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  As a matter of fact, I accept your burden of proof.

I have been researching the matter for over five years now and I have proven to my own satisfaction that god does not exist.

Please give us the link to the manuscript.

It's been my experience, over the last few years, that the people who whine about the burden of proof are usually the ones who can't present a case to begin with.
So they cry about the fact that they have to do so in the first place.

See, if you come up to me and tell me about your god, and you want me to believe in him, then you do have a burden of proof.
Otherwise, I say no. I don't believe. End of discussion. Start of whining.

But since you lack the competence to do so, here are some of the reasons that I have for not believing. Keep in mind that this is just a brief overview.

Oh, but I need to add first, that there is no manuscript. There is no magic book with all the answers. Put down your holy text and do some research. In multiple books, from multiple sources. Research both sides.

Ok, back to my reasons.

These are the reasons people say when asked about their belief in god:
Faith
Miracles
The bible (or other holy book)
Personal Experience
Science

Faith
How can you distinguish faith from gullibility? Faith is belief without evidence. This is the tool of demagogues and con artists. Faith is a failing not a virtue.

Miracles
Ever see an amputee regrow a limb? Didn't think so.

Not to mention the fact that the bible tells that miracles where not exclusive to god. Pharaoh's priest and Moses had a contest, so obviously if the bible is true (snicker) miracles are not proof of god.

The bible/holy texts
Read Bart Erhman, Richard Carrier and other biblical scholars. The bible is a collection of myths and fables. It is contradictory with history, science and itself. A book that details the laws of slavery and authorizes rape and genocide is not a "good book".

Personal Experience
Your personal experience doesn't mean shit to me. The Damascus Road experience of Saul of Tarsus doesn't mean shit to me. Personal experience is relevant and authentic for that person only. For everyone else it is heretical.

Science
Science disproves Intelligent design, creationism, young earth creationism, most of the Old Testament, miracles, resurrections, the Flood, etc.

The Final Nail
The world around us can be explained by science, naturalism and rationalism.
Our interactions with each other can be guided by secular humanism and philosophy.
Religion has failed to provide a suitable moral and ethical guide. It is time that we focus our efforts in a new direction.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 7 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-10-2016, 09:31 AM
Borgy, you will leave this forum eventually. You'll tire of your trolling game and move onto a new forum where you can begin anew with a fresh audience who hasn't yet realized what a phony you are. For the next Christian who comes here trying to peddle their religious bullshit to us, I think I'll reference the abysmal failure of your evangelistic efforts so they can see what kind of act they're following. Then they can at least make an informed decision about wasting their time on this forum.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
05-10-2016, 09:32 AM
(05-10-2016 09:04 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 08:59 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Which manuscript?
Your "disproof" of the True God is in a manuscript, in a book?

No it's not.

I mentioned this in another post, but it's a fairly important idea*:

There is no magic book with all the answers.
Put down your holy text and do some research. In multiple books, from multiple sources. Research both sides.

Think for yourself.

*Not my idea, either. Something else I've learned from secular sources.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post