We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
03-10-2016, 04:07 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(03-10-2016 03:02 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  IIRC he claimed to be from Estonia (or was it on this website someone posted?). The estonian language is, like finnish and hungarian, not even indo-european. This may explain his problems crossing the language barrier to english.

He also stated that he studied at the citiy of Tartu (but i think he lied when he said he studied physics). It may be concidence or not, the orthodox seem to have a community in the city of *drumroll* Tartu. Tartu also happens to have a university where one can study theology. It is however dominated by the evangelical-lutheran church and not the orthodox one.
Probably we will never know, since he is constantly lying and talking gibberish anyway. Consider

Yeah I originally thought he was Estonian, but some Russian text mixed in with his own English text and a picture he posted made me wonder otherwise. I'll try Estonian as well then.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2016, 04:08 AM
(02-10-2016 10:25 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Copy text to https://translate.google.com/
Press the "Detect language."
Report us the output.

I put your post back into google translate and asked for Estonian, your native language (we think).

This is what it produced:

Quote:Mis on tegelikkus? See on objektiivne asi, mis eksisteerib ka ilma meie teadmisi selle olemasolu.

Reaalsus võib olla "sisemise" ja "välise". Vale jumalad "on olemas" on sisemine reaalsus (edaspidi "Inimesi fantaasiad). Jumal on vale, kui ta ei eksisteeri "väline reaalsus", kuid väitis, et on olemas väline reaalsus. Näiteks Flying Spaghetti Monster ei ole loonud universumi, vaatamata nalju tema järgijad: tõeline Jumal ei ole tuttav selle nimi.

Tõsi Jumal ei ole kuhugi. Ja reaalsus on arvamuse tõeline Jumal.
See arvamus on objektiivne reaalsus kõigile inimestele.
03-10-2016, 04:25 AM
His website is .ru, he said his father came from Russia so chances are he is a Russophone.

If there us such a thing as a Russophone. Wonder if there is such a thing as theBorg and it is not just a bot.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
03-10-2016, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 05:01 AM by Mathilda.)
(03-10-2016 04:25 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Wonder if there is such a thing as theBorg and it is not just a bot.

Well I am wondering this myself. You can create a chat bot to pass the Turing Test, you just need to find a way to massively reduce the subject domain being talked about. For example, a paranoid schizophrenic bot will always bring whatever is said back to the subject of being hunted etc. A religious zealot will bring everything back to god.

And you can emulate a forum troll who does not respond to any questions but just keeps repeating the same thing again and again. One thing that made me suspicious about theBorg is that certain phrases are repeated exactly word for word whereas an intelligent human will try to express the same idea in different ways to convince other people.

For example type the following into google

site:thethinkingatheist.com "Nobody can reject the Gospel"
site:thethinkingatheist.com "The True Christians can be called"
site:thethinkingatheist.com "Romans called the first Christian fundamentalists"

These are definitely copied and pasted rather than typed out each time. If you are trying to communicate in another language, you are more likely to copy and paste the same sentences, but the difference being most people would merge them into the context that they are being pasted into. But this would also make a good experiment if you wanted to create a bot that passed the Turing test.

And if it looks like text has just been put through google translate, this excuses grammatical errors.
03-10-2016, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 06:41 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(02-10-2016 09:56 PM)theBorg Wrote:  What is the Reality? It is the objective thing, which exists even without our knowledge of its existence.

The Reality can be the "inner" and "outer". The false gods "exist" in inner reality (the humans' fantasies). A god is false, if he does not exist in "outer reality", but is claimed to exist in outer reality. For example the Flying Spaghetti Monster has not created the Universe, despite the jokes of his followers: the True God is not familiar with this name.

The True God is not the false one. And the Reality is the opinion of the True God.
This opinion is the objective Reality for all the people.

Distinction without a difference.
You are SO fucking arrogant that you think (like all delusional religionists) that YOUR opinion matches the gods. Isn't that special.
You can pull this shit out of your ass until you turn inside out.
There are no gods. True or false. You have no evidence of any of them.

Go away.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-10-2016, 05:17 AM
Let's substitute unicorn for god in your assertion:

(02-10-2016 09:56 PM)theBorg Wrote:  What is the Reality? It is the objective thing, which exists even without our knowledge of its existence.

The Reality can be the "inner" and "outer". The false unicorns "exist" in inner reality (the humans' fantasies). A unicorn is false, if he does not exist in "outer reality", but is claimed to exist in outer reality. For example the Flying Spaghetti Monster has not created the Universe, despite the jokes of his followers: the True Unicorn is not familiar with this name.

The True Unicorn is not the false one. And the Reality is the opinion of the True God.
This opinion is the objective Reality for all the people.

I can put what imaginary thing I want in that nonsense and it still provides no evidence, it's just a meaningless declaration or assertion.

That's what everything you post is, meaningless. Drinking Beverage

Here's a riddle- How many inane posts can a troll make before getting banned?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
03-10-2016, 05:36 AM
(03-10-2016 05:17 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Here's a riddle- How many inane posts can a troll make before getting banned?

Too many. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
03-10-2016, 05:46 AM
(03-10-2016 04:39 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 04:25 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Wonder if there is such a thing as theBorg and it is not just a bot.

Well I am wondering this myself. You can create a chat bot to pass the Turing Test, you just need to find a way to massively reduce the subject domain being talked about. For example, a paranoid schizophrenic bot will always bring whatever is said back to the subject of being hunted etc. A religious zealot will bring everything back to god.

And you can emulate a forum troll who does not respond to any questions but just keeps repeating the same thing again and again. One thing that made me suspicious about theBorg is that certain phrases are repeated exactly word for word whereas an intelligent human will try to express the same idea in different ways to convince other people.

For example type the following into google

site:thethinkingatheist.com "Nobody can reject the Gospel"
site:thethinkingatheist.com "The True Christians can be called"
site:thethinkingatheist.com "Romans called the first Christian fundamentalists"

These are definitely copied and pasted rather than typed out each time. If you are trying to communicate in another language, you are more likely to copy and paste the same sentences, but the difference being most people would merge them into the context that they are being pasted into. But this would also make a good experiment if you wanted to create a bot that passed the Turing test.

And if it looks like text has just been put through google translate, this excuses grammatical errors.

.... huh.

Technology marches on, and Poe's Law needs to be updated.

(03-10-2016 05:17 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Here's a riddle- How many inane posts can a troll make before getting banned?

Theoretically infinite. Inanity is not a banning offense on this site.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
03-10-2016, 06:17 AM
(02-10-2016 09:56 PM)theBorg Wrote:  What is the Reality? It is the objective thing, which exists even without our knowledge of its existence. The Reality can be the "inner" and "outer". The false gods "exist" in inner reality (the humans' fantasies). A god is false, if he does not exist in "outer reality", but is claimed to exist in outer reality. For example the Flying Spaghetti Monster has not created the Universe, despite the jokes of his followers: the True God is not familiar with this name. The True God is not the false one. And the Reality is the opinion of the True God. This opinion is the objective Reality for all the people.

Do use some sort of random phrase generator in order to compost this sort of meaningless bullshit?

At any rate, we actually do have proof that the FSM exists. Can you please provide empirical evidence that proves otherwise?

This is an image of the FSM recorded during a recent storm in southern Oklahoma...

[Image: 2e1e84fa62801c12dfe8d1785746cb58.jpg]

Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
03-10-2016, 08:08 AM
(02-10-2016 09:56 PM)theBorg Wrote:  And the Reality is the opinion of the True God.

Respect my authoritah. For I AM the True God.

[Image: respect.gif]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post