We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
05-10-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
I don't know why I bother responding to these "chew toys".

They never respond to what I actually say; at most, they'll take one line out of the whole thing (whichever part they feel they can address, I suppose) and twist it into something that suits their purposes.

As near as I can tell, religion damages the brain to the point that the person is incapable of addressing the actual objections to their position because they're incapable of even seeing what the objection actually is, or what its implications are for the religious argument being addressed.

In short, they really are Borg: they simply repeat the same drivel with which they have been programmed, endlessly, with little variation. They cannot question their programming any more than a Borg drone.

"We are the Believers. Lower your shields and surrender your reason. We will add your educational and personal distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
05-10-2016, 12:19 PM
(05-10-2016 11:56 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 11:40 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The suicide brings the traveler directly to the hell. The suicide is not the WAY to the Lord Jesus Christ. Please, do not make the suicide. It is the biggest sin. And the sin brings eternal painful death.

Wait! I thought jesus died for our sins. So if we don't sin, jesus died for nothing!

Jesus committed suicide-by-cop so apparently some forms of suicide are OK.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
05-10-2016, 12:23 PM
(05-10-2016 12:19 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 11:56 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Wait! I thought jesus died for our sins. So if we don't sin, jesus died for nothing!

Jesus committed suicide-by-cop so apparently some forms of suicide are OK.

Jesus got a pass on most anything. he's sorta like Barbie that way.
05-10-2016, 12:25 PM
(05-10-2016 11:01 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 10:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  Because the Copenhagen Interpretation is non-intuitive. It is, in fact, bizarre.

I see the educated one here, my respect to Chas!
How logical is the wave-particle dualism? Is it within the logic laws of Aristotle?

Wave-particle dualism is a dualism of two limited models of reality.
Fundamental particles are what they are - neither waves nor particles; we merely observe and describe the behavior as wave-like or particle-like in different circumstances.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2016, 12:30 PM
(05-10-2016 11:01 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 10:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  Because the Copenhagen Interpretation is non-intuitive. It is, in fact, bizarre.

I see the educated one here, my respect to Chas!
How logical is the wave-particle dualism? Is it within the logic laws of Aristotle?

That's the fucking POINT, genius.
It's NOT.

That means your idiot "logic laws" do not apply here. That, in turn, means your fucking logic, by which you fool theists support the notion of a god, ARE INVALID without evidence, Pssst ..... you have none.

At the fundamental nature of Reality, what is observed to be intuitively correct, is WRONG.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-10-2016, 01:10 PM
(05-10-2016 11:29 AM)theBorg Wrote:  No, "Someone" has seen his own reflection. I am just the mirror.

A cracked one that distorts everything that is reflected in the shards.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2016, 01:22 PM
(05-10-2016 11:40 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 11:36 AM)pablo Wrote:  Go there then.

The suicide brings the traveler directly to the hell. The suicide is not the WAY to the Lord Jesus Christ. Please, do not make the suicide. It is the biggest sin. And the sin brings eternal painful death.

You're an insensitive fuck.
05-10-2016, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2016 02:21 PM by theBorg.)
(05-10-2016 11:56 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 11:40 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The suicide brings the traveler directly to the hell. The suicide is not the WAY to the Lord Jesus Christ. Please, do not make the suicide. It is the biggest sin. And the sin brings eternal painful death.

Wait! I thought jesus died for our sins. So if we don't sin, jesus died for nothing!

There is notion "original sin" in the True Christianity. The Sir Elton John thinks, what it is the making the idol out of your wife, see:

05-10-2016, 02:23 PM
(05-10-2016 01:22 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

You're an insensitive ***.
I am spiritual and natural.
05-10-2016, 02:33 PM
(05-10-2016 11:46 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  

Try playing in traffic for a little while.

Kids, your Savior Jesus warns you, do not play in traffic: you could be run over by a car. This tragedy could bring you to the hell, be warned!