We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
05-10-2016, 10:40 PM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
I think I should start posting music videos, too. Is there an Orthodox version of "The Pope Song" by Tim Minchin?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2016, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2016 11:06 PM by theBorg.)
(05-10-2016 10:34 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 10:25 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Aliza is a woman, I used to them.

And have never touched one. ......
What have you not seen in your fantasy? We live in cities, so having the skin contact time after time. For example, when you drive in a bus.
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2016, 11:01 PM
(05-10-2016 10:40 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I think I should start posting music videos, too. Is there an Orthodox version of "The Pope Song" by Tim Minchin?
How the words "Eastern Orthodox" and "Catholic Pope" are connected?
05-10-2016, 11:19 PM
(05-10-2016 11:01 PM)theBorg Wrote:  How the words "Eastern Orthodox" and "Catholic Pope" are connected?

You don't know the history of your own church? They're two branches of the same religion, and broke apart in 1054 CE.
05-10-2016, 11:31 PM
(05-10-2016 11:19 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 11:01 PM)theBorg Wrote:  How the words "Eastern Orthodox" and "Catholic Pope" are connected?

You don't know the history of your own church? They're two branches of the same religion, and broke apart in 1054 CE.
Do not mess the "Eastern Orthodox Pope" (it means, who is "recognized" by the Eastern Orthodox Christianity) with the "Catholic Pope".
05-10-2016, 11:52 PM
(05-10-2016 11:31 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Do not mess the "Eastern Orthodox Pope" (it means, who is "recognized" by the Eastern Orthodox Christianity) with the "Catholic Pope".

Why not? They're both mortals pretending to speak on behalf of gods. No. Fucking. Difference.
06-10-2016, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 12:14 AM by theBorg.)
Dear RS, I see your high education here. Thank you, the potential friend. For my comfort, let me insert my POLITE remarks into the quote:

RocketSurgeon76:
""Except that "following the hypothesis" is not what science does. <<Me: The Riemann Hypothesis does not fit in this fantasy, need a link?>>.......

Do you even know what the word hypothesis means? <<Me: No problem, here is my University CV: https://www.etis.ee/Portal/Persons/>>
......... If you idea is not subject to falsifiable testing <<Me: "kids", you can not test the spirits, because you have no spiritual testing apparatus, like the "spiritual thermometer".>>, then it is not an hypothesis <<Me: the spirits can be detected by the power of thought process, by the mind. But if you have dis-belief, then call it not the "hypothesis", but "assumption". Latter is also used in Science texts.>>.
You are too emotionally attached to your identity as a Believer, <<Me: you would be, if you would be threaten by the eternal fire!>>........
I'm not saying this as an insult, but out of pity. <<Me: yeah, I see the philosophy here.>>........
<<Me: the f-word is historically treated as bad speech. I see no need to change this.>>
..............""
06-10-2016, 05:09 AM
(05-10-2016 10:10 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 10:01 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  You do realize Elton John enjoys taking it in the ass, right?
Sir Elton John will "grow".

Uh...
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
06-10-2016, 05:33 AM
(05-10-2016 09:36 PM)theBorg Wrote:  If a hero at 9/11 has willingly sacrificed his life, but saved the people from the collapsed WTCenter, he committed the suicide???? I strongly disagree.

The situations are not remotely the same. Heroic acts are performed by people who find themselves in bad situations and endanger themselves to help others. Somebody who creates the situation in order to be able to look like a hero is not the same thing at all. That person is an asshole.

Jesus, according to the fairy tale you believe, was born with the sole intention of being killed as a sacrifice that would be sufficient for your bloodthirsty god to forgive the people that he created for not living up to his expectations. If it were true then it would be the record of an incompetent, immoral jackass and not anything worth respect, let alone worship.

Putting all that aside Jesus did not die for your sins. He had a bad weekend for your sins and then went on to be ruler of the universe forever. It's a completely ridiculous story on every level and you have to turn off all rational thought to accept it.

Now please provide evidence that any of it is actually true or that a god actually exists.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
06-10-2016, 05:33 AM
(06-10-2016 05:09 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 10:10 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Sir Elton John will "grow".

Uh...

Looks like theBorg is engaging in wishful thinking again

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP