We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
06-10-2016, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 06:15 AM by Mathilda.)
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(06-10-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  RocketSurgeon76:
""Except that "following the hypothesis" is not what science does. <<Me: The Riemann Hypothesis does not fit in this fantasy, need a link?>>.......>>Mathilda: Adding in my own comments to show the need for proper quoting. Why not explain why the Riemann Hypothesis is an exception rather than argue from supposed authority?

Do you even know what the word hypothesis means? <<Me: No problem, here is my University CV: https://www.etis.ee/Portal/Persons/>> << Mathilda: I have a really hard time understanding how someone can be a PhD and not understand the scientific method. What is the title of your PhD?
......... If you idea is not subject to falsifiable testing <<Me: "kids", you can not test the spirits, because you have no spiritual testing apparatus, like the "spiritual thermometer".>>, <<Mathilda: His point exactly. Therefore spirits are not scientific. Nor is there any evidence that they exist so we can ignore them then it is not an hypothesis <<Me: the spirits can be detected by the power of thought process, by the mind. But if you have dis-belief, then call it not the "hypothesis", but "assumption". Latter is also used in Science texts.>>. << Mathilda: So what's the difference between that and your imagination
You are too emotionally attached to your identity as a Believer, <<Me: you would be, if you would be threaten by the eternal fire!>>........ <<Mathilda:Not are not countering his point but saying something completely unrelated based on your own fantasies
I'm not saying this as an insult, but out of pity. <<Me: yeah, I see the philosophy here.>>........ <<Mathilda:Which is?
<<Me: the f-word is historically treated as bad speech. I see no need to change this.>> <<Mathilda: Fuck off.
..............""

Added my own responses into this fuck awful mess to demonstrate why people should quote properly. But then theBorg probably started mixing his responses in the previous post so people can't respond properly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
06-10-2016, 06:12 AM
(06-10-2016 05:33 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 05:09 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Uh...

Looks like theBorg is engaging in wishful thinking again

I'd call it the "positive thinking" instead.
06-10-2016, 06:16 AM
(06-10-2016 06:10 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  ......... But then theBorg properly started mixing his responses in the previous post so people can't respond properly.
Dear Mathilda, thank you for an interest in this post. But look for the positive side: the harder for the people to read, the less insults I would get. Cool, isn't it?Smartass
06-10-2016, 06:29 AM
(06-10-2016 06:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 06:10 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  ......... But then theBorg properly started mixing his responses in the previous post so people can't respond properly.
Dear Mathilda, thank you for an interest in this post. But look for the positive side: the harder for the people to read, the less insults I would get. Cool, isn't it?Smartass

I have emailed you theBorg. Apologies but there is something that I need to check.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
06-10-2016, 06:31 AM
(05-10-2016 11:52 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 11:31 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Do not mess the "Eastern Orthodox Pope" (it means, who is "recognized" by the Eastern Orthodox Christianity) with the "Catholic Pope".

Why not? They're both mortals pretending to speak on behalf of gods. No. ***. Difference.
Dear Astreja, thank you for an interest in this post. There is difference: in Catholicism the head of the "earthly Church" exists (the Pope), but in the Eastern Orthodoxy there is no head of the earthly Church.

The parable:

06-10-2016, 06:34 AM
(06-10-2016 06:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  

Except for the insults you get for not knowing how to properly quote on an internet forum you mean.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-10-2016, 06:37 AM
(06-10-2016 06:29 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 06:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Dear Mathilda, thank you for an interest in this post. But look for the positive side: the harder for the people to read, the less insults I would get. Cool, isn't it?Smartass

I have emailed you theBorg. Apologies but there is something that I need to check.
Of course, you are studying theBorg. Thank you, you'd like to check how many nicknames under which I am operating. But is it a sin to have a couple more email-addresses in the web? To get faster communication, please write me PM in TAF.
06-10-2016, 06:42 AM
(06-10-2016 06:34 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 06:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Dear Mathilda, thank you for an interest in this post. But look for the positive side: the harder for the people to read, the less insults I would get. Cool, isn't it?Smartass

Except for the insults you get for not knowing how to properly quote on an internet forum you mean.
Who has missed something from my unusual reply to RS? I'll help.
06-10-2016, 06:42 AM
(06-10-2016 06:37 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 06:29 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I have emailed you theBorg. Apologies but there is something that I need to check.
Of course, you are studying theBorg. Thank you, you'd like to check how many nicknames under which I am operating. But is it a sin to have a couple more email-addresses in the web? To get faster communication, please write me PM in TAF.

Can you paste the subject here that I put into the email?
06-10-2016, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 07:05 AM by theBorg.)
(06-10-2016 06:42 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 06:37 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Of course, you are studying theBorg. Thank you, you'd like to check how many nicknames under which I am operating. But is it a sin to have a couple more email-addresses in the web? To get faster communication, please write me PM in TAF.

Can you paste the subject here that I put into the email?
Just wait a couple of weeks, while I am circulating.
The faster would be, if you'd tell me my address.