We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
06-10-2016, 06:49 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(06-10-2016 06:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 06:42 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Can you paste the subject here that I put into the email?
Just wait a couple of weeks, while I am circling.
The faster would be, if you'd tell me my address.

1408 Dumbass Avenue, South Trollville? Or is it PoeTown?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 06:57 AM
(06-10-2016 06:31 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Dear Astreja, thank you for an interest in this post. There is difference: in Catholicism the head of the "earthly Church" exists (the Pope), but in the Eastern Orthodoxy there is no head of the earthly Church.

Ah. So instead of having one sanctimonious dumbass in charge of all Roman Catholics, you have a whole bunch of sanctimonious dumbasses running around playing "daddy" to their individual congregations.

The fact remains is that mortals keep pretending to speak on behalf of gods -- Probably because their god never actually existed, and mortals have to do all the talking.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2016, 06:59 AM
(06-10-2016 06:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 06:42 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Can you paste the subject here that I put into the email?
Just wait a couple of weeks, while I am circling.

How would me telling you my email address be faster than you replying to the email that I sent? You still need access to the email to see what I said and to paste the subject here.

What is circling? Do you mean travelling?
06-10-2016, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 07:18 AM by skyking.)
Did you email at this link, Mathilda?
https://www.etis.ee/Portal/Persons/Displ...bId=CV_ENG

Is this you, theBorg?

[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
06-10-2016, 07:13 AM
(06-10-2016 06:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 06:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Just wait a couple of weeks, while I am circling.

How would me telling you my email address be faster than you replying to the email that I sent? You still need access to the email to see what I said and to paste the subject here.

You could have been writing to the address in Tartu University, which is invalid now. Please tell the address, which was in your letter. Thank you for the PM. Your theBorg.
06-10-2016, 07:16 AM
(06-10-2016 06:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Just wait a couple of weeks, while I am circling.

I think Bogus must have so many email aliases (why?) Bogus is asking which one you sent to, Mathilda.

Just looked at his "Additional info", seems this is a person of no sex, no home and no life.

Figures...

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
06-10-2016, 07:18 AM

Checking whether identity theft on a discussion forum
06-10-2016, 07:19 AM
(06-10-2016 07:16 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 06:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  How would me telling you my email address be faster than you replying to the email that I sent? You still need access to the email to see what I said and to paste the subject here.

I think Bogus must have so many email aliases (why?) Bogus is asking which one you sent to, Mathilda.

Just looked at his "Additional info", seems this is a person of no sex, no home and no life.

Figures...

I smell a rat......

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
06-10-2016, 07:22 AM
(06-10-2016 07:09 AM)skyking Wrote:  Did you email at this link, Mathilda?
https://www.etis.ee/Portal/Persons/Displ...bId=CV_ENG

Is this you, theBorg?

Yes, friend, thank you for an interest.
06-10-2016, 07:22 AM
My concern is that someone could easily come along, see some scientist's research page and then claim it as his own. So I sent off an email to the address listed there. Reputation is very important to a scientist, it's critically important to your career because your reputation is created from your publications.

One thing is for sure, theBorg posting here does not know anything about the scientific method or how to even write proper citations. So it could be a young teenager ruining some random person's professional reputation for all we know.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post