We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
06-10-2016, 08:03 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(06-10-2016 07:42 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 07:33 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  What were the dates of the papers, Deesse?

Perhaps he suffered a mental breakdown since writing them? Or a conversion or "re-birth" - much the same result.

again 2011

Neither of those papers would be accepted for publication if only because of the colloquial English. For example exclamation marks and question marks combined etc.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 08:03 AM
(06-10-2016 05:33 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 09:36 PM)theBorg Wrote:  If a hero at 9/11 has willingly sacrificed his life, but saved the people from the collapsed WTCenter, he committed the suicide???? I strongly disagree.

The situations are not remotely the same. Heroic acts are performed by people who find themselves in bad situations and endanger themselves to help others. Somebody who creates the situation ......
1) I hope my glorified past in Tartu University will be not the subject of the talks, but thank you all for the emotional support. 2) the sinful nature of a human can not be healed by the forgiveness, see the clip as parable. So, we need to eat and drink the Godman Jesus, see the dogma of the Eastern Orthodox Church.

06-10-2016, 08:13 AM
(06-10-2016 08:03 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 07:42 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  2011

again 2011

Neither of those papers would be accepted for publication if only because of the colloquial English. For example exclamation marks and question marks combined etc.

Have you contacted Dmitry at an independently obtained email address? If theBorg is genuinely this guy, then that's one thing, but if he's impersonating him we might want to involve the admins.
06-10-2016, 08:20 AM
(06-10-2016 06:12 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 05:33 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Looks like theBorg is engaging in wishful thinking again

I'd call it the "positive thinking" instead.

That whooshing sound you heard was the joke flying over your head.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
06-10-2016, 08:23 AM
(06-10-2016 08:13 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 08:03 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Neither of those papers would be accepted for publication if only because of the colloquial English. For example exclamation marks and question marks combined etc.

Have you contacted Dmitry at an independently obtained email address? If theBorg is genuinely this guy, then that's one thing, but if he's impersonating him we might want to involve the admins.

Good point. I'll get on it.
06-10-2016, 08:25 AM
(06-10-2016 08:13 AM)Aliza Wrote:  ........ but if he's impersonating him we might want to involve the admins.
Dear Jewish friend Aliza, please do no rush to the admins. I am going right now to answer the dear friend M. via email. Thank you.
06-10-2016, 08:27 AM
(06-10-2016 08:03 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 07:42 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  2011

again 2011

The construction of the English looks quite similar to Bogus' stuff here, poor interpretation if only in terms of grammar. Would that also count against publication outside of Estonia, even if the maths was solid, I wonder.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
06-10-2016, 08:45 AM
(05-10-2016 09:55 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Jew Aliza, our dear theist, has given me -1 for saying, what suicide is the biggest sin. I hope, she will not begin the "disproof" with herself. We must not make here the exceptions, because we are among atheists, and the atheistical statistics (according to my knowledge) says, what they are likely to get killed by themselves. They need our emotional support, dear Jew.

Depending on the religious group you belong determains the levels of "sin".

In my catholic up bringing I was told committing suicide would take you to hell. But it's not the worst "sin". According to them all could be forgiven so long as you had acceptance of Jesus.

You have put this over Rape or Genocide. Two things that I would think a individual choosing to end their own life.

At least in the Catholic faith their is only one "sin" that is unforgivable. And that's disbelief. You could kick old ladies down stairs, rape infinets, and stab people to your hearts content, and in your final moments accept Jesus as your lord and savoir and get a one way ticket to heaven. But live a life taking care of the sick, feeding the poor, and teaching children. At any point have doubt in your heart well sorry buddy, your going to fucking hell.

I think stupidity is the worst "sin" an inability to see the forest threw the trees. Bon-tingo doesn't like stupidity.

(05-10-2016 10:33 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 10:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  [We're done here. You are a spammy troll. Drinking Beverage
Are you sure? What value is on the troll-detector?Shy

[Image: tumblr_kvpgupZOVo1qa02x4o1_250.jpg]

Could it be possible that Borg is simply a friend or relative of Dmitri Martila?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
06-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Sorry, haven't had much time to get online, lately. I keep trying to check in and keep up, but I may be delayed in replying. So now I am.

(06-10-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Dear RS, I see your high education here. Thank you, the potential friend. For my comfort, let me insert my POLITE remarks into the quote:

I have not been impolite, and I don't appreciate your suggestion that I have. I continue to use the word "fuck" because I find it ridiculous that you have such a psychological issue with something as simple as a word that you think should be prohibited. There are no bad words, only bad ideas. You don't get to dictate what others do based on what offends you, personally, and you certainly don't get to dictate what they say. I find the concept of attempted censorship (by suggesting that a person conform to your social standards of communication or else be labeled impolite) to be far more abhorrent than so-called swear-words.

Think of it like this: what if I said that I considered it impolite to use anything other than 100% proper English, in conversations? We have such people who claim that, here in the USA and in England. What if I then continuously made remarks every time you didn't quite get your sentences right, in my language?

Makes me a chauvinist jerk, right? Well that is what it makes you when you continue to react as you do to a word with which no one here has an issue except for you.

(06-10-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  RocketSurgeon76:
""Except that "following the hypothesis" is not what science does. <<Me: The Riemann Hypothesis does not fit in this fantasy, need a link?>>.......

I have no idea what you're trying to say, here. The Reimann Hypothesis has been proposed and tested endlessly, for nearly two centuries. It can certainly be falsified. However, if the scientists based their work off the hypothesis as if it was something to follow, like a demonstrated theorem, then they would be wrong.

I do know, however, that you're being passive-aggressive by calling it a "fantasy". The terminology in mathematics is often a bit different from the rest of science, in how it uses certain words, but I gave the standard explanation of what hypothesis means, and it doesn't fit the way you were using it. So the only fantasy here is yours, in which one should "follow the hypothesis".

(06-10-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Do you even know what the word hypothesis means? <<Me: No problem, here is my University CV: https://www.etis.ee/Portal/Persons/>>

Neat. I hope you don't expect your degrees to impress me or anyone else here.

(06-10-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  ......... If you idea is not subject to falsifiable testing <<Me: "kids", you can not test the spirits, because you have no spiritual testing apparatus, like the "spiritual thermometer".>>, then it is not an hypothesis <<Me: the spirits can be detected by the power of thought process, by the mind. But if you have dis-belief, then call it not the "hypothesis", but "assumption". Latter is also used in Science texts.>>.

Did you just say "kids"?

Yes, I hear the words of my old pastor echoing through you. I recognize your programmers, Borg. Mine used the phrase "spiritual discernment", and implied that anyone who was not already a Believer could not possibly understand what Believers do. That is precisely the phenomenon I was describing in my last response.

And like I said, then, the fact that you missed it and launched right into regurgitating your programming tells me that you are damaged.

As Mathilda pointed out, you are making my point for me.

(06-10-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  ...........
You are too emotionally attached to your identity as a Believer, <<Me: you would be, if you would be threaten by the eternal fire!>>........

No, I would not. I grew up Christian, of the most American-style "hellfire and brimstone" type of fundamentalist church you can imagine. Threats of hellfire were imprinted on my young mind from the earliest age.

But that's precisely the point I have been making: hell (eternal torture) is just one of the psychological tricks (fear) that they use to trick your mind into giving up its natural ability to be skeptical of new claims being made to you. You have just admitted that you are not capable of truly looking at the ideas you hold because one of those ideas threatens you with torture if you question it. Think about that. Take as long as you need.

(06-10-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  ............
I'm not saying this as an insult, but out of pity. <<Me: yeah, I see the philosophy here.>>........

What philosophy? I am an ex-fundamentalist Christian. The hardest of the hardcore. I have pity because I have been where you are and I know the obstacles to unlocking your ability to reason, which you now face.

Again, as I said before, your PROGRAM tells you that my "philosophy" (I presume you mean my atheistic outlook) is attacking you, and brings up your self-defense instinct, by which you can simply ignore me.

But I'm not attacking you. I'm attacking your program. And it's defending itself by frightening you with imaginary consequences and by telling you that I am your enemy. I am not.

(06-10-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  <<Me: the f-word is historically treated as bad speech. I see no need to change this.>>

I am aware of the habit that English-speaking cultures have of treating certain words as "bad" words. However, it turns out that there's no good basis for it, except a hunch I have that it's because the Norman French who conquered the English in 1066 didn't like those particular harsh, gutteral Anglo-Saxon (and a few Danish-type) words and so they banned them. We spent so long telling our children "don't say those words!" that we forgot why we were banning them.

Look, I'll show you by breaking down a couple of "naughty" words by etymological origin:

Shit - Old English scitte ‘diarrhea,’ of Germanic origin; related to Dutch schijten, German scheissen (verb). The term was originally neutral and used without vulgar connotation. French equivalent (but not considered "bad") term: merde.

fuck - of Germanic origin (compare Swedish dialect focka and Dutch dialect fokkelen ), possibly from an Indo-European root meaning "strike". French equivalent term: foutre (looks similar but is pronounced "foo-trah", the double-oo as in "fool", rather than the harsh gutteral "uh" sound in fuck).

In other words, I think the very reason we call these impolite words is because the Norman French nobility ordered us not to say them, and we spent so long just calling them "bad" to teach our children not to say them accidentally around a lord/lady who might get mad about it that we simply stopped questioning why they were bad.

So be bold. Shout FUCK a couple of times. It turns out it's good for one's health... especially yours, I suspect, as bound-up with "thought crime" rules and self-constriction as you seem to be.

Seriously, it's good for you: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hid...s-swearing

It is also a LIE when people say that those who swear are less intelligent or have smaller vocabularies:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...ocabulary/

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-10-2016, 09:01 AM
(06-10-2016 08:27 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 08:03 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Neither of those papers would be accepted for publication if only because of the colloquial English. For example exclamation marks and question marks combined etc.

The construction of the English looks quite similar to Bogus' stuff here, poor interpretation if only in terms of grammar. Would that also count against publication outside of Estonia, even if the maths was solid, I wonder.

Yeah, i noted similarities in the quality of the eglish language too, i was focusing more on physics and geometry/math.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse