We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
06-10-2016, 09:17 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(06-10-2016 08:03 AM)theBorg Wrote:  So, we need to eat and drink the Godman Jesus...

Ah. You're a cannibal, then?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 09:24 AM
(06-10-2016 09:17 AM)Astreja Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 08:03 AM)theBorg Wrote:  So, we need to eat and drink the Godman Jesus...

Ah. You're a cannibal, then?

Can a Catholic vegan take communion?
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
06-10-2016, 09:27 AM
Just a BTW to RocketSurgeon's excellent post:

In Old English "sc" is pronounced as "sh", thus "scitte" would sound a bit like "shit'te" with a short "e" sound at the end.

"Scip" is "ship"

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
06-10-2016, 09:50 AM
(06-10-2016 09:27 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Just a BTW to RocketSurgeon's excellent post:

In Old English "sc" is pronounced as "sh", thus "scitte" would sound a bit like "shit'te" with a short "e" sound at the end.

"Scip" is "ship"

Scat is shat. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-10-2016, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 10:59 AM by theBorg.)
(06-10-2016 09:00 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Sorry, haven't had much time to get online, lately. I keep trying to check in and keep up, but I may be delayed in replying. So now I am.

(06-10-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Dear RS, I see your high education here. Thank you, the potential friend. For my comfort, let me insert my POLITE remarks into the quote:

Dear talkative potential friend RS, thank you for some attention to my ideas.

You wrote: "The Reimann Hypothesis ..... can certainly be falsified."
This particular hypothesis has the not yet debunked proof. It is published in my place, need a link? But because it is not in the indexing system "Current Content", the world ignores the proof. The part of the proof shows, what some hypothesis (in exception of the proven ones) can never be falsified.

You wrote: "the scientists based their work off the hypothesis ..... would be wrong." Not necessarily true, because they always desire to prove the hypothesis, as the new whereabouts keep to appear.

You wrote: "I hope you don't expect your degrees to impress me". It just introduces me, it shows, what I have the skills, character and the quest for knowledge.

You wrote: "by telling you that I am your enemy. I am not." Sure, I am repeating, what you all are my friends.

You wrote: "So be bold. Shout F*** a couple of times." One must be careful to change the deep levels of subconscious. The teachings of the previous generations are in our genetics, in the subconscious. If there is no extra need, one shall not touch those levels in order to stay in stability.

Thank you for the scientific discussion,
Be well!
P.S. The tribute to Science:

06-10-2016, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 11:30 AM by jennybee.)
Well, if you want the true God, I suggest you start believing in the gods of Hinduism since that is the world's oldest documented religion. Although, there was a sculpture found (dated 38000 BCE) that scholars believe may have been a deity of the Aurignacians. See below Aurignacian Löwenmensch/lion man figurine...

[Image: lowenmenschnew.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
06-10-2016, 11:18 AM
(06-10-2016 11:11 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Well, if you want the true God, I suggest you start believing in the gods of Hinduism since that is the world's oldest documented religion. ...........
What the other gods could do for my advantage? What the other gods can do for us?
I mean, my Godman saves from the hell. But what the Buddha does?
06-10-2016, 11:23 AM
(06-10-2016 11:18 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 11:11 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Well, if you want the true God, I suggest you start believing in the gods of Hinduism since that is the world's oldest documented religion. ...........
What the other gods could do for my advantage? What the other gods can do for us?

So you only believe in your Godman because you think he gives you something?

You're a total prick. If I can tell then surely your Godman can too.
06-10-2016, 11:23 AM

There is no hell in Buddhism, so that's far superior than a religion that puts anyone in a place of eternal torment.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
06-10-2016, 11:24 AM

The Löwenmensch makes a nice mantelpiece Tongue Wink Also, Buddha is not a Hindu god. The gods of Hinduism can do the same thing for you as the God of Christianity. The power you give them over your life and your decisions is your own.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi