We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
07-10-2016, 06:56 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
Thank you, dear potential friends, for the inspiring discussion. If you would find it possible, please join the new theme:

click here
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2016, 07:02 AM
(07-10-2016 06:56 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Thank you, dear potential friends, for the inspiring discussion. If you would find it possible, please join the new theme:

click here

You are a troll, I reported this post for you behaving like a spammy troll.

You are not makng friends here you delusional fucktwit!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-10-2016, 07:07 AM
I cant imagine any situation where i would call you my friend. I don't toss that word around lightly like you. Grow up.
[+] 4 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
07-10-2016, 07:09 AM
(07-10-2016 06:56 AM)theBorg Wrote:  If you would find it possible, please join the new theme:

You have only 1 theme: The Spammy Troll Two-Step

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
07-10-2016, 07:24 AM
(07-10-2016 05:48 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 09:20 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Guardian Angel of the innocent baptized kid is mistakenly treated by the atheism as the "imaginary friend".

"Guardian angel"? Here is one definition:

Quote:Psalm 91: 10-12
No evil shall befall you, nor shall affliction come near your tent, for to His Angels God has given command about you, that they guard you in all your ways. Upon their hands they will bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone.

A heavenly spirit assigned by God to watch over each of us during our lives. The doctrine of angels is part of the Church's tradition. The role of the guardian angel is both to guide us to good thoughts, works and words, and to preserve us from evil.

catholic.org

Guess her angel just done fucked up.

9 month old raped to death

[Image: 550421_14756948270_r_zpspw6or8yc.jpg][Image: 550421_1475535628_9114_zpsk3lrvs81.jpg]

The child died Thursday. She was horrifically raped Monday by her mother's boyfriend.

So not only was she raped at 9 months old, she had to suffer for another four days before she died.

What happened to her "guardian angel"?

Why wasn't she protected from evil?

Fuck you and fuck your imaginary god.

My heart just sank reading this. So sad. Yet another reason why God standing by while horrific shit happens all so we can have free will (because he doesn't want robots for children as my old pastor used to say) makes him an utter psychopath.
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
07-10-2016, 08:58 AM
(07-10-2016 07:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  (because he doesn't want robots for children as my old pastor used to say)

The irony of this statement is that it still makes us robots, according to their story. Only the creator of robots has the right to destroy them at whim, because they are not people but simply "things" that he created.

Their version of God the Creator, who kills when angry or displeased, is the same as the psychopathic "mad scientist" in nearly every robot-related sci-fi book/show.

(Edit to Add: Another related theme is that the creator loses the right to destroy his creations, the robots, when they become sentient/self-aware, and often they must fight him in order to show that they have the right to be more than "things" owned by their creator.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-10-2016, 09:01 AM
(07-10-2016 06:56 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Thank you, dear potential friends, for the inspiring discussion. If you would find it possible, please join the new theme:

click here

I'll be your friend borg. Can I call you just borg now that we're friends?

And since now we're friends, I need to 'borrow' $20.
You know me borgy, I'm good for it.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
07-10-2016, 09:04 AM
(07-10-2016 09:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  And since now we're friends, I need to 'borrow' $20.
You know me borgy, I'm good for it.

Wot, only $20? I'd ask to borrow at least $100.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2016, 09:08 AM
(07-10-2016 12:32 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Please translate the compliment into the language of theBorg. Thank you.

(07-10-2016 01:15 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  он делает бросок хороший большой плавающий софтбол к пластине

Или, выражаясь менее идиоматически, его аргументы тривиальным легко опровергнуть.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2016, 09:09 AM
(07-10-2016 08:58 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 07:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  (because he doesn't want robots for children as my old pastor used to say)

The irony of this statement is that it still makes us robots, according to their story. Only the creator of robots has the right to destroy them at whim, because they are not people but simply "things" that he created.

Their version of God the Creator, who kills when angry or displeased, is the same as the psychopathic "mad scientist" in nearly every robot-related sci-fi book/show.

(Edit to Add: Another related theme is that the creator loses the right to destroy his creations, the robots, when they become sentient/self-aware, and often they must fight him in order to show that they have the right to be more than "things" owned by their creator.)

Very true. The whole God doesn't want robots thing never really made sense to me even as a Christian. God--an all powerful being--could still allow us to have free will and protect His creations as a "loving" father, especially when an innocent baby is being victimized and has no way to protect herself.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post