We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
07-10-2016, 09:12 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(07-10-2016 09:09 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Very true. The whole God doesn't want robots thing never really made sense to me even as a Christian. God--an all powerful being--could still allow us to have free will and protect His creations as a "loving" father, especially when an innocent baby is being victimized and has no way to protect themselves.

Not only that, but babies are not yet at the developmental stage where "free will" would be a consideration in their lives. To swipe a line from Paul the Antichrist, a god that would allow those infants to be harmed is without excuse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
07-10-2016, 09:29 AM
(07-10-2016 08:58 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 07:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  (because he doesn't want robots for children as my old pastor used to say)

The irony of this statement is that it still makes us robots, according to their story. Only the creator of robots has the right to destroy them at whim, because they are not people but simply "things" that he created.

Their version of God the Creator, who kills when angry or displeased, is the same as the psychopathic "mad scientist" in nearly every robot-related sci-fi book/show.

(Edit to Add: Another related theme is that the creator loses the right to destroy his creations, the robots, when they become sentient/self-aware, and often they must fight him in order to show that they have the right to be more than "things" owned by their creator.)

I remember the loathsome Q stating that humans were just like clay jars that the creator made and could smash at his discretion. It's absolutely appalling just how dehumanizing their religious beliefs are, and they will not even acknowledge it, this is Cold Christian Compassion at it's worst, devoid of humanity and totally subjugated to this monster of their imagination.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like TheInquisition's post
07-10-2016, 10:00 AM
(07-10-2016 09:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 06:56 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Thank you, dear potential friends, for the inspiring discussion. If you would find it possible, please join the new theme:

click here

I'll be your friend borg. Can I call you just borg now that we're friends?

And since now we're friends, I need to 'borrow' $20.
You know me borgy, I'm good for it.
Hey, I'll be a better friend than earmuffs, loan me $200! I'll payback one day, honest! Or you can make it a birthday present if you are feeling that generous.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
07-10-2016, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2016 10:13 AM by Chas.)
(07-10-2016 05:55 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 05:48 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  .............
What happened to her "guardian angel"?

Why wasn't she protected from evil?

The victim goes to Heaven, the sinner goes to hell.

Fuck off and die, you immoral, deluded asshole.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-10-2016, 10:19 AM
(07-10-2016 10:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 05:55 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The victim goes to Heaven, the sinner goes to hell.

**** and die, you immoral, deluded asshole.

Someone sees own reflection. It is not mine sin: I am just the mirror.

07-10-2016, 10:30 AM
(07-10-2016 10:19 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 10:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Fuck off and die, you immoral, deluded asshole.

Someone sees own reflection. It is not mine sin: I am just the mirror.

Fuck off and die, you pointless deluded asshole.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-10-2016, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2016 10:58 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(07-10-2016 09:29 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  It's absolutely appalling just how dehumanizing their religious beliefs are, and they will not even acknowledge it, this is Cold Christian Compassion at it's worst, devoid of humanity and totally subjugated to this monster of their imagination.

Monsters from the Id.

Sci-fi covered that, too. Smile

Edit to Add: Thankfully, the Christian God has no actual powers, only the physical actions of those who share the delusion that it does (but of course must act through them, or through natural disasters that have a pattern of "attack" only they can see). If their God, their "monster from the Id", had the power of the Krell reactor, we'd be truly hosed!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
07-10-2016, 10:57 AM
(07-10-2016 10:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 09:29 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  It's absolutely appalling just how dehumanizing their religious beliefs are, and they will not even acknowledge it, this is Cold Christian Compassion at it's worst, devoid of humanity and totally subjugated to this monster of their imagination.

Monsters from the Id.

GMTA! I love that movie and it was in the back of my mind when I posted that. Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
07-10-2016, 11:50 AM
[Image: tumblr_inline_o84ilk8e6p1qhyo98_500.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
07-10-2016, 12:12 PM
(07-10-2016 10:57 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 10:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Monsters from the Id.

GMTA! I love that movie and it was in the back of my mind when I posted that. Thumbsup
One of the best movies ever made!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post