We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
08-10-2016, 02:19 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(07-10-2016 11:16 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Oh, did anyone reach out to the email addressed published on the academic papers that are/were being attributed to theBorg? I'm curious to learn if he confirmed his identity through an independent source.

Well I downloaded one 'paper' and it had a different address but it was written in the style of theBorg so I didn't bother emailing it. I'm on the lookout for a paper that has theBorg as single author and is written properly without any colloquial English.

What I'm speculating is that maybe theBorg can do the Maths but the papers that actually were published were co-authored with scientists who directed the research and wrote the text. theBorg's contract probably came to an end which he explains as leaving to start preaching.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2016, 02:41 AM
(08-10-2016 02:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  ................. theBorg's contract probably came to an end which he explains as leaving to start preaching.

Good "girl"! You've figured the all story out. Good "girl"! Take the lollipop:
https://youtu.be/3rYoRaxgOE0
08-10-2016, 02:49 AM
(08-10-2016 02:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 11:16 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Oh, did anyone reach out to the email addressed published on the academic papers that are/were being attributed to theBorg? I'm curious to learn if he confirmed his identity through an independent source.

Well I downloaded one 'paper' and it had a different address but it was written in the style of theBorg so I didn't bother emailing it. I'm on the lookout for a paper that has theBorg as single author and is written properly without any colloquial English.

What I'm speculating is that maybe theBorg can do the Maths but the papers that actually were published were co-authored with scientists who directed the research and wrote the text. theBorg's contract probably came to an end which he explains as leaving to start preaching.

One wonders for what reason the contract "came to an end"?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
08-10-2016, 03:04 AM
(08-10-2016 02:49 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 02:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Well I downloaded one 'paper' ..............

One wonders for what reason the contract "came to an end"?

The reason is simple: right from the beginning the contract has the certain deadline.
But do not cry, my friend, It was an unusual experience to co-work (in such incredibly close distance!) with the upmost honored PhD-s.
08-10-2016, 03:07 AM
(08-10-2016 02:49 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  One wonders for what reason the contract "came to an end"?

The usual route is that once you do a PhD you do a few fixed term contracts as a post-doc and then eventually this leads onto a permanent position as a lecturer or some such. This is the fantasy. What actually happens is there are many more PhD graduates then there are post-doc positions, and even fewer permanent positions. So basically post-docs end up as travelling monks moving to different parts of the world for short periods of time.

At each stage you are judged by the papers that you write. Because it takes a long time to read a paper you are most often judged when applying for another job by the number of publications and the impact factor of where it was published. Which encourages quantity over quality. But people will still quickly skim through them to find out what they are about. So if you then write a load of papers full of colloquial English which have obviously not been published anywhere because they would get rejected, you won't get another job.

And if you go too long without publishing you fall out the field and lose any chance to get another job.

theBorg doesn't realise it but he is ruining any chance he has of getting another position in Physics by preaching and ruining his reputation. This is why I was so concerned in case someone was assuming Dmitri's identity. His only hope is to get a job in finance (or to take down the pseudo papers that he has written).
08-10-2016, 03:09 AM
Bogus, when are you going to escape the fantasy that you have any friends, or "friends", here?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
08-10-2016, 03:17 AM
(08-10-2016 03:07 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 02:49 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  One wonders for what reason the contract "came to an end"?

The usual route is that once you do a PhD you do a few fixed term contracts as a post-doc and then eventually this leads onto a permanent position as a lecturer or some such. This is the fantasy. What actually happens is there are many more PhD graduates then there are post-doc positions, and even fewer permanent positions. So basically post-docs end up as travelling monks moving to different parts of the world for short periods of time.

At each stage you are judged by the papers that you write. Because it takes a long time to read a paper you are most often judged when applying for another job by the number of publications and the impact factor of where it was published. Which encourages quantity over quality. But people will still quickly skim through them to find out what they are about. So if you then write a load of papers full of colloquial English which have obviously not been published anywhere because they would get rejected, you won't get another job.

And if you go too long without publishing you fall out the field and lose any chance to get another job.

theBorg doesn't realise it but he is ruining any chance he has of getting another position in Physics by preaching and ruining his reputation. This is why I was so concerned in case someone was assuming Dmitri's identity. His only hope is to get a job in finance (or to take down the pseudo papers that he has written).

I had my "one shot" and missed the hearts. Cruel secular world is too envy and formal.

08-10-2016, 03:27 AM
(08-10-2016 03:17 AM)theBorg Wrote:  I had my "one shot" and missed the hearts. Cruel secular world is too envy and formal.

Pure poetry.

I had my "one shot"
and missed the hearts.
Cruel secular world is too
envy and formal.

Wish Jim Morrison was alive to put it to some music.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-10-2016, 03:28 AM
(08-10-2016 03:17 AM)theBorg Wrote:  I had my "one shot" and missed the hearts.

Same with me. So I do my own research in my spare time. I've spent the last 6 years working on my current paper and will submit it next year.
08-10-2016, 03:29 AM
Can theBorg have friends?

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]