We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
08-10-2016, 12:22 PM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(08-10-2016 11:46 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think this thread has jumped the shark Tongue

...and landed on the shark's head, giving it severe brain damage.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
08-10-2016, 12:25 PM
(08-10-2016 12:18 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  .............
I suspect you're less than that, if you can't even comprehend just how unscientific that list is, you're severely delusional. Furthermore, you don't even give a damn about science, education or the truth if you sully it with Hovind's horrid psuedo science.

You have got the information about the True Church. But your attitude is still wrong.
08-10-2016, 12:28 PM
(08-10-2016 12:12 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 11:59 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  .............

Therefore, in the light of the previous comments, linked to the Social Doctrine of the True Church, the True God's answers are:

"So if you're defending Hovind, do you agree with his views?"

Not with all, because the Kent is not the member of the True Church.

"Is the earth only 6,000-10,000 years old?"

Yes.

"Did dinosaurs walk the earth at the same time as humans?"

Very likely.

"Did humans live around 900 years about 6,000 years ago?"

Yes, the ages are in the Holy Bible.

"I'm just wondering how you claim to be any kind of scientist, yet you'll accept these propositions by Kent Hovind."

1) theBorg is not PhD, but only the M.Sci. 2) theBorg is the "Creation Scientist", shortly "Creationist".

Poor guy. He is schizophrenic.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
08-10-2016, 02:51 PM
(08-10-2016 12:28 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 12:12 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Therefore, in the light of the previous comments, linked to the Social Doctrine of the True Church, the True God's answers are:

"So if you're defending Hovind, do you agree with his views?"

Not with all, because the Kent is not the member of the True Church.

"Is the earth only 6,000-10,000 years old?"

Yes.

"Did dinosaurs walk the earth at the same time as humans?"

Very likely.

"Did humans live around 900 years about 6,000 years ago?"

"I'm just wondering how you claim to be any kind of scientist, yet you'll accept these propositions by Kent Hovind."

1) theBorg is not PhD, but only the M.Sci. 2) theBorg is the "Creation Scientist", shortly "Creationist".

Poor guy. He is schizophrenic.

Yeah, something's going on there. As Mathilda suggested, he sounds like he can do the math, but he apparently lacks the ability to interpret data without his biases. It's terribly unfortunate, but it sounds like other scientists have pegged him for a loon so his credentials are in the crapper because of that.

Nothing he says is credible. The only difference is now we know for sure that other scientists have reviewed his statements and found him to be unreliable.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
08-10-2016, 03:14 PM
(08-10-2016 12:12 PM)theBorg Wrote:  "Is the earth only 6,000-10,000 years old?"

Yes.

Are we talking cosmic years or what? Cause then it's only about 12.

(08-10-2016 12:12 PM)theBorg Wrote:  "Did dinosaurs walk the earth at the same time as humans?"

Very likely.

They still do.

(08-10-2016 12:12 PM)theBorg Wrote:  "Did humans live around 900 years about 6,000 years ago?"

dafuq???? Hobo That's just crazy talk.

#sigh
08-10-2016, 04:45 PM
(08-10-2016 10:42 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 10:14 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Well, arguably, yes she was............ It's okay to be deceitful as long as you think it's in a holy cause? Even if it requires ignoring the words of Jesus? Wow.

Thank you, dear RocketSurgeon76 for the comment.
But it is suspicious, what the Kent's story (see the video above) is different from the accusations in the Wikipedia. A persons can lie, you know?

And it is O.K. to spent some time in jail, becoming the martyr, because the Kent's materials are useful even without him.

Um, despite the "religious perecution" claims from Hovind (and his supporters), he was given the right to trial by jury. He was convicted by unanimous vote of the jury on 58 counts, 12 of which were for failure to file tax returns for his unregistered "ministry" and 45 of which were something called Structuring, which is when you deliberately (they must prove deliberate intent to the jury) move money between bank accounts or other assets and/or convert things to cash in order to hide your activities from the tax agency... to dodge accountability under the law.

The trial took place in the federal courthouse of the Northern District of Florida, and since you're not from the USA you may not know that there is basically nowhere in the United States that is more fundamentalist, evangelical Christian than that area. It is literally more "deep south" than southwest Louisiana (where I consider myself "from") and southeast Georgia (where I grew up until the age of 11), and that's really saying something. Pensacola is literally south of all of Alabama.

For him to be persecuted in the way you suggest, you're going to have to convince me that in that part of Florida, they managed to find twelve non-Christians to fill that jury. Because if only one of the twelve had voted "Not Guilty", he would have walked free. That's how our system works. No, the reality is that he was tried by fellow evangelical Christians (like the one who reported his slimy activities originally), and convicted by people who believe as fervently as you do.

Furthermore, his trial went through the appeals process, and both higher courts that reviewed the case determined that he did get a fair trial and that the convictions were legitimate. In case you didn't know, because of the politics of the USA, almost all federal appeals court judges (which are appointed by the office of the President and confirmed by Congress) are right-wing, conservative Christians. Like almost 100%. And yet they said that Kent was a criminal.

You can review the details of his indictment, here:
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/United_St..._Jo_Hovind

(Note that any amount of money moved that exceeds $9,999 must be reported to the government by the bankers, which is why you see so many for ~$9600.)

So yes, SOMEONE is lying, but I suspect it's Kent Hovind and his minions. Whether or not you support Creationism, you should not be supporting him.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
08-10-2016, 06:42 PM
(08-10-2016 11:53 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Why my opinion is so important?

It's a discussion forum; you are being asked to discuss, to engage.

Quote:Am I not the material for the ban?

Eventually.

Quote:As the dear Richard Dawkins is telling, the Darwinian Evolution is not moral. Need the link? Therefore, in the light of the Social Doctrine, there was no Darwinian Evolution. Capisce?

Science is not moral. That does not mean that it is immoral. It is neutral.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-10-2016, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 07:47 PM by theBorg.)
(08-10-2016 12:28 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  The Borg: "Therefore, in the light of the previous comments, linked to the Social Doctrine of the True Church, the True God's answers are:......."

My friend Commonsensei: "Poor guy. He is schizophrenic."

Never heard about reading between the lines?! Look, how it is done:

"The only thing I know, is I know <ALMOST> nothing." ~ Socrates
08-10-2016, 07:39 PM
(08-10-2016 02:51 PM)Aliza Wrote:  .......... It's terribly unfortunate, but it sounds like other scientists have pegged him for a loon so his credentials are in the crapper because of that.

Thank you, dear God's woman for the compliments. I used to such ones here from my friends. But see it positive: at least the PhD scientists and even the Nobel Winners have checked me. Hereby nobody did a sue. So, not so grim!

08-10-2016, 08:14 PM
(08-10-2016 06:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  ...............
Quote:TheBorg: "As the dear Richard Dawkins is telling, the Darwinian Evolution is not moral. Need the link? Therefore, in the light of the Social Doctrine, there was no Darwinian Evolution. Capisce?"

Science is not moral. That does not mean that it is immoral. It is neutral.