We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
03-10-2016, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 01:23 PM by Gloucester.)
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(03-10-2016 11:14 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Look here, dear "friend".

Your use of quotation marks around the word degrades any value that word might have in the context in which you used it.

(03-10-2016 11:14 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Please. Historically the very use of the atomic energy was the blasts in Japan. This is powerful energy: only a gram of U.
What are you on about now, more misunderstood scoence by tge look of it. Are you now confusing fission and fusion?

(03-10-2016 11:14 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The same is with the atheism, it is powerful stuff.
Yes, far more powerful than anything based on the non-exist supernatural.

(03-10-2016 11:14 AM)theBorg Wrote:  We need people like you. You could be directed into our Body of Christ. The True Christians are in fact the "True Atheists", because they were so called by the Roman Authorities.

Citation for the "Roman Authorities" calling christians "True Atheists" please.

You should have realised by now that I have little respect for the likes of yourself who attempt to pedal thier rubbish in places like this. Those who live by a quiet faith, doing good for all members of humanity whilst not trying to get others to join their belief will get my support. Offer and you will be listened to, keep trying to force things and you will get a strong negative response. As you have.

So, why not just toddle off to your native environment, where you speak and understand the language, and leave us sensible people to get on with the real world?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Gloucester's post
03-10-2016, 01:01 PM
(03-10-2016 11:40 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Do not tempt the True God, and others.

I do not play by your rules. I tempt whomever I wish, and there is nothing you can do about it.

The results of the challenge:

I gave your god a few extra minutes, just in case it was on its lunch break. The whole time, the pen remained in My peripheral vision and remained stationary (as well as stationery).

Your god either failed to perform, or forfeited due to a no-show. Kind of hard to tell the difference when dealing with a being that's purportedly invisible and possibly imaginary. Regardless, I clearly won the test.

(Springy G unplugs the cord powering the entire Orthodox Church worldwide and attaches it to Her clock radio, being sure to leave the backup battery in place)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
03-10-2016, 01:05 PM
(03-10-2016 11:40 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Do not tempt the True God, and others.
[Image: 7b606e27b2e27d879b468bf27c87384b.jpg]

Why would I tempt someone who isn't able to satisfy me? That's a waste of my time. I'll go tempt someone who actually exists instead.
[+] 1 user Likes Jesster's post
03-10-2016, 01:20 PM
(03-10-2016 12:11 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  ..............
So, why not just toddle off to your native environment, where you speak and understand the language, and leave us sensible people to get on with the real world?
So, you are commander in chief?! Let "me" ask following:

03-10-2016, 01:32 PM
(03-10-2016 01:20 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 12:11 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  ..............
So, you are commander in chief?! Let "me" ask following:

Don't be sillier than you have to be, Bogies. Sorry, that was silly of me, you have no apparent awareness of nor control over your own silliness.

What I said echoed the words of several of my fellow atheist members, if you had enough brain cells not in thrall to your belief in the impossible you might recognise that.

You are like one with dementia, unable to remember just a few posts back and rambling, mentally, all over the place.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
03-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Am I a god ?

I'm more powerful than any god that has ever existed.
I have more knowledge, more wisdom, more compassion and more morals than any god that has ever existed.

I can help a child or adult in danger.
I can feed someone who is hungry.
I can clothe those who need clothing.
(I cannot clothe strippers. That goes against my moral foundation.)
I can make a difference in the world that is real and tangible so that people will have a better life.

I am not a god. I can actually do stuff.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
03-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Ironic that theBorg would post that particular Ghostbusters clip. I've actually met Ray (Dan Aykroyd) and have a wine bottle that he autographed.

Better yet, in My divine function as the Goddess of Random Equipment Malfunctions I also gave Mr. Aykroyd a gift certificate good for 50% off his next Random Equipment Malfunction (i.e., it would last half as long or cost only half as much to fix).

Mr. Aykroyd is also a very nice fellow, and it was a joy to meet him. Thumbsup
03-10-2016, 03:52 PM
(03-10-2016 03:49 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Am I a god ?

I'm more powerful than any god that has ever existed.
I have more knowledge, more wisdom, more compassion and more morals than any god that has ever existed.

I can help a child or adult in danger.
I can feed someone who is hungry.
I can clothe those who need clothing.
(I cannot clothe strippers. That goes against my moral foundation.)
I can make a difference in the world that is real and tangible so that people will have a better life.

I am not a god. I can actually do stuff.

In other words, you actually do what it says to do in Matthew 25:35-40. Only part of the Bible that ever made sense to Me.
03-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Oh the irony and hypocrisy! I love how you don't even realize how irrational and childish you sound with your 'science facts'.
[+] 1 user Likes mlmooney's post
03-10-2016, 04:40 PM
(03-10-2016 09:27 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 11:01 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  All gods are false ones. ........
then say not "no gods", but simply "no false gods". Get promotion to the cooler level of hell Smile

Yeah. Right. Because there are better kinds of infinite suffering. Facepalm

Там не боги.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.