We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
08-10-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
Really, dude?

No one in their right mind wants to live in a purely Darwinian society. Dawkins also explains why he says that.

For fuck's sake, man, that's what civilization means; we forego the instincts of our tribal (evolutionary) roots and work together to make sure the whole society gets rights. We're still working on it, but making big leaps. As Chas has tried to explain to you, nature is amoral-- it doesn't care about morality, and just goes right on operating by the laws of physics/chemistry/biology. To live in a society that did not attempt to do something better than that is not the sort of thing that any rational biologist wants, and it says nothing about the Theory of Evolution as a scientific understanding of the biosphere.

Why do you guys do that? Why do you quote stuff out of context in order to make it sound like it means something other than what the scientist was actually saying?

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

"And who is my neighbor, Lord?" (In the parable of the Good Samaritan, Jesus explains that everyone who is of good will and treats their fellow humans decently is your neighbor, even the people your culture hates the most. It is the opposite of Darwinian society, just as Dawkins says.)

You have lied to misrepresent what Dawkins was trying to say. Either you lied accidentally, not being smart enough to recognize the full context of his comment, or you are deliberately dishonest and in violation of the commandment. Again.

As my Yiddish-speaking friends would say, either way that makes you a "schmuck".

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
08-10-2016, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 08:45 PM by theBorg.)
(08-10-2016 04:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ................
the reality is that he was tried by fellow evangelical Christians (like the one who reported his slimy activities originally), and convicted by people who believe as fervently
almost all federal appeals court judges (which are appointed by the office of the President and confirmed by Congress) are right-wing, conservative Christians. Like almost 100%. And yet they said that Kent was a criminal.

Quote:For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? (1Peter 4:17 KJV)

Therefore, I feel more comfortably in the atheistic forum, than there, in their "holiest" forums. There are monstrous Pharisees in the New Testament, you know?
08-10-2016, 09:12 PM
(08-10-2016 08:28 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ............ man, that's what civilization means; we forego the instincts of our tribal (evolutionary) roots ...............

1) Please read my previous comment also, it says, what not all the "Christians" are holy in the True God's eyes.

2) Would the Loving Jesus like to live in the hostile nature? Where a weak animal is being painfully eaten? What the bad example it would give for His holy angels!
08-10-2016, 09:39 PM
(08-10-2016 08:41 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 04:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ................
the reality is that he was tried by fellow evangelical Christians (like the one who reported his slimy activities originally), and convicted by people who believe as fervently
almost all federal appeals court judges (which are appointed by the office of the President and confirmed by Congress) are right-wing, conservative Christians. Like almost 100%. And yet they said that Kent was a criminal.

Quote:For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? (1Peter 4:17 KJV)

Therefore, I feel more comfortably in the atheistic forum, than there, in their "holiest" forums. There are monstrous Pharisees in the New Testament, you know?

So rather than admit you backed the wrong horse, you find it more reasonable to conclude that the twelve people from northern Florida, plus seven federal judges (one trial, three each on two separate appeals courts) are all like Pharisees, and not really Christians?

That's your conclusion!?

Is it not entirely possible that your literalist interpretation of Genesis is simply wrong, that the authors of Genesis never intended it to be taken as a guide to scientific understanding of the world? That no matter how "God-inspired" they were, they simply lacked the knowledge to write about a universe that was billions of years old and craft a tale of human origins that would take into account how genetics actually works?

Is it not entirely possible that people who are dishonest enough to lie and make their living by misrepresenting science and misquoting scientists (Hovind's basic approach to everything) are also dishonest enough to shirk federal tax laws?

Think about it.

Again, I say you are "damaged" because you have to filter everything through your religious outlook, in order to try to make reality conform to that, rather than conforming your religious outlook to reality.

That's why you get my pity, and believers like Aliza and Shai Hulud get my respect, even though I don't agree with their religious beliefs.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
08-10-2016, 10:02 PM
(08-10-2016 09:39 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 08:41 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Therefore, I feel more comfortably in the atheistic forum, than there, in their "holiest" forums. There are monstrous Pharisees in the New Testament, you know?
............ are all like Pharisees, and not really Christians?
That's your conclusion!?

Is it not entirely possible that your literalist interpretation of Genesis is simply wrong,

1) I am enjoying your style, thank you.
2) No, it is not my conclusion; in no way. I love all people. I am life to live here.
3) Someone keeps to confuse theBorg with a "Christian from a street". I am inherent to the ancient community. See, please, about theBorg:

and listen to the song, how the "borgs" "die":

08-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Borg, I am of the opinion that your grasp of reality is pathetically weak and that you are unqualified to be a scientist and should never again even attempt to find work in that field. As things currently stand, your religious bias would contaminate your research and waste everyone's time.

Your belief in a young earth is ridiculous. There are cave paintings three times older than that.

Your religion has broken your mind, and now you're trying to inflict that brokenness on us. Why would anybody want to be like you? You represent a tragic waste of human potential, glued together at your cracking seams with stupid ideas, condescension, arrogance, and narcissism.

Get help. Seriously. See a psychiatrist.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Astreja's post
08-10-2016, 11:29 PM
I still dont believe one second this guy is for real. *argument from ignorance incoming* No way a person is fucked up like that.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
08-10-2016, 11:57 PM
(08-10-2016 11:29 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I still dont believe one second this guy is for real. *argument from ignorance incoming* No way a person is fucked up like that.

I am sorry for any tensions I have caused: it is ALL my fault.
I have decided, what the text is enough, so the story would continue in private: please write to me, if you'd like.

P.S. to my friends: listen to the song "It's almost unreal." of the Roxette.

THE END.
09-10-2016, 02:07 AM
You have not caused tension. We're totally amused by this. I am sorry if this hurts your feelings, as that is not my intent, but you're a trifle compared to most of the fundamentalist Christians we get around here.

On the other hand, we are genuinely amazed that you can be so broken by your religious upbringing, and saddened that it has done to you what it clearly has done to you.

Do not confuse pity with strife. Undecided

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
09-10-2016, 02:51 AM
I would say that I am saddened rather than amused.

If theBorg is genuine then saddened that anyone can have that deluded mindset

If theBorg is bogus then saddened that anyone can have that twisted a mindset.

Whichever, it is still a case of mental illness.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 3 users Like Gloucester's post