We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
09-10-2016, 09:15 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
An example of how religious beliefs can damage a person, you start with a promising science career and then decide- Fuck it! Because Jesus.

So you chuck your potential science career to go preach and troll internet forums, and now this is what you think reality is:

[Image: jesusdinosaur.jpg]

Religion is about subjugating your intellect no matter what the cost.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
09-10-2016, 09:23 AM
(09-10-2016 09:15 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  An example of how religious beliefs can damage a person, you start with a promising science career and then decide- Fuck it! Because Jesus.

So you chuck your potential science career to go preach and troll internet forums, and now this is what you think reality is:

[Image: jesusdinosaur.jpg]

Religion is about subjugating your intellect no matter what the cost.

It's really sad. I think the worst part is the willful destruction of credentials, as if discrediting yourself will somehow help you to argue a point from a position of authority.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
09-10-2016, 04:59 PM
(08-10-2016 08:14 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 06:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  ...............

Science is not moral. That does not mean that it is immoral. It is neutral.

Red herring and straw man. Facepalm

"Darwinism" is not a social theory, it is biology.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2016, 07:37 PM
You guys made him take his toys and run off. Shame!
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
09-10-2016, 08:04 PM
(09-10-2016 07:37 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  You guys made him take his toys and run off. Shame!

Sad! Sadcryface2
10-10-2016, 05:54 AM
I am not leaving you, because the Jesus Christ loves you more, than He loves me.
Please enjoy the discussion in http://atheistforums.org/thread-45585.html . I have learned a bit from you, friends, so I grew stronger!!!
10-10-2016, 06:02 AM
(09-10-2016 02:51 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  I would say that I am saddened rather than amused.

If theBorg is genuine then saddened that anyone can have that deluded mindset

If theBorg is bogus then saddened that anyone can have that twisted a mindset.

Whichever, it is still a case of mental illness.

I'm also wondering if he lays somewhere on the autistic spectrum disorder because he seems unable to comprehend other people's positions. This would explain why he doesn't appreciate why scientific papers are written the way they are, he can't appreciate the needs of the reader. He does not understand how others do not have the same assumptions that he has. It would tie in with the Maths, the need to order the universe. Add to that zealous religious conditioning from birth and you would end up with someone like theBorg.

I'm inclined to suggest to theBorg two things.

Try posting elsewhere on this forum and not mention Christianity or religion. Only post stuff that is off-topic.

Take another scientist's advice and remove every paper you have written by yourself that contains colloquial English or is about theology. Find out how to write a scientific paper. You do not need to appreciate or understand why it is done that way, just understand that it is.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
10-10-2016, 06:33 AM
(10-10-2016 06:02 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  ...............
I'm inclined to suggest to theBorg two things.

Try posting elsewhere on this forum and not mention Christianity or religion. Only post stuff that is off-topic.

Take another scientist's advice and remove every paper you have written by yourself that contains colloquial English or is about theology. Find out how to write a scientific paper. You do not need to appreciate or understand why it is done that way, just understand that it is.

Thank you for the good-meant advises of a friend. But I have no illusions: I am finished. So, let me have some fun.
10-10-2016, 08:55 AM
(10-10-2016 06:33 AM)theBorg Wrote:  ..... I have no illusions: I am finished. So, let me have some fun.

Like'd for this kindness:

10-10-2016, 09:36 AM
(10-10-2016 08:55 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 06:33 AM)theBorg Wrote:  ..... I have no illusions: I am finished. So, let me have some fun.

Like'd for this kindness:

This film is not against the theism, because the invisible evil spirit in the film made the mistake on the plane: the kid has foreseen his plan. Then, the kid and the saved ones (theBorg and his repented friends here) begin the long fight against the satan's army of the evil spirits.