We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
11-10-2016, 05:06 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(11-10-2016 04:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 02:21 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why are you here theBorg? What are you hoping to achieve?

The question "How?" answered the Creationism, question "Why?" knows only the True God, I hope to be loved:

You know there are dating websites for that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2016, 05:28 AM
(11-10-2016 05:06 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 04:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The question "How?" answered the Creationism, question "Why?" knows only the True God, I hope to be loved:

You know there are dating websites for that.

There they are fixed on sex and money. Thereby their "mocking careless" exceeds all the decency the atheists here still have. The atmosphere there is best characterized by the song:

11-10-2016, 05:45 AM
(11-10-2016 04:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 02:21 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why are you here theBorg? What are you hoping to achieve?

The question "How?" answered the Creationism, question "Why?" knows only the True God, I hope to be loved:

[Image: a42.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
11-10-2016, 05:57 AM
(11-10-2016 05:45 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 04:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The question "How?" answered the Creationism, question "Why?" knows only the True God, I hope to be loved:

[Image: a42.jpg]

Do not be the pessimist, here the folk is closer to True God than in some place else.
11-10-2016, 06:59 AM
(11-10-2016 05:28 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 05:06 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  You know there are dating websites for that.

There they are fixed on sex and money. Thereby their "mocking careless" exceeds all the decency the atheists here still have. The atmosphere there is best characterized by the song:

Well, who doesn't want sex and money? Oh, right. The people that were brainwashed into thinking that those things are naughty and "sinful" by smarter people who don't want to share the sex and money.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
11-10-2016, 07:14 AM
(11-10-2016 06:59 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 05:28 AM)theBorg Wrote:  There they are fixed on sex and money. Thereby their "mocking careless" exceeds all the decency the atheists here still have. The atmosphere there is best characterized by the song:

Well, who doesn't want sex and money? ...........

A philosopher, a truth-seeker, a "true love"-seeker.
11-10-2016, 07:58 AM
(11-10-2016 07:14 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 06:59 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Well, who doesn't want sex and money? ...........

Well, i've definitely heard of philosophers enjoying money and sex, so thats bullshit. Not sure what a "truth-seeker" is. I'm going to assume it's someone who hasn't been indoctrinated/brainwashed by religious nonsense. I would fall under that category, so thats also bullshit. Have you ever made a post that isn't total bullshit?
11-10-2016, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2016 09:55 AM by Astreja.)
theBorg, you are not someone whom I could befriend. I believe that you are seriously mentally ill, possibly an untreated schizophrenic. I find it exhausting to be in the company of such individuals as yourself, and would not even go for coffee with you -- I would prefer to go alone.

It gets worse, a lot worse. I see your "lollipop" comments as pure sexism, and it does not surprise Me that you are without a partner -- You are abusive and disrespectful, and I think that it's a very good thing that women avoid you. No one deserves to be trapped in a relationship with you.

You are also a piss-poor excuse for a scientist. I know real scientists. My dad was an electronics engineer who worked on communications satellites, TV and radio station setups, microwave transmission links, and the Canadarm attached to the U.S. space shuttle. My brother is a research microbiologist. I work for doctors. I have edited papers being considered for peer review. I also had excellent science teachers in school. Your inability to distinguish empirical evidence from religious nonsense disqualifies you as a scientist, and I think that it's a very good thing that you are no longer working in the field.

Finally, our views on religion are completely incompatible. I have no intention of ever becoming a Christian. In particular, don't ever give Me an Orthodox Eucharist unless you want Me to toss it into the toilet right before your eyes. If you're very lucky, I'll just laugh and flush it down the drain, and your "true god" can be a nice light snack for the rats and other vermin in the sewer. If you're not so lucky I'll enhance the experience with some "Piss {on} Jesus" performance art.

No, Borg, we cannot help you here at TTA or any other Internet forum. You have to find a therapist and do some serious work on yourself, and get yourself mentally and emotionally healthy. It doesn't matter if you really are as barking mad as you appear to be, or if it's all some kind of game to you -- You need to fix it and that is your responsibility, not ours.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Astreja's post
11-10-2016, 09:44 AM
(11-10-2016 04:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The question "How?" answered the Creationism, question "Why?" knows only the True God
Creationists didn't answer "How", they got it completely wrong.
"Why?" presupposes there is a Why to begin with. There may not be.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
11-10-2016, 10:57 AM
(11-10-2016 07:14 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 06:59 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Well, who doesn't want sex and money? ...........

Three strikes and you're out. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user