We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
12-10-2016, 12:44 PM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
Ja. Ich spreche ein wenig Deutsch. Meistens "würde ich ein Bier mögen." und "Ich kann auf dem Autobond fahren." My grammar and spelling sucks thou.

In spanish I can say .
"La leche es blanca." "Hay un gato gigante en mis pantalones!"

In french I can say
"Ce fromage est doux." and
"Vas te faire encule. chien de porc américain."

And I can count in Japanese.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Not surprisingly, this thread had Me googling "Winnipeg language classes," looking for yet more linguistic trouble to get Myself into.

And then I lay down for a few moments and felt much better. Just not enough hours in the day. Maybe after I retire... (looks wistfully at course descriptions and sighs heavily)

(Commonsensei, perchance have you taken karate or judo? That's where I learned to count in Japanese.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2016, 01:52 PM
(12-10-2016 09:20 AM)Astreja Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 09:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Why are you not the president of the World? Or at least of the European Union?

Funny you should ask that -- I was Queen of Earth from July 1999 to March 2002. I quit because the hours were terrible. I'd rather play clarinet and pet the cat.

Your wisdom is exceeded only by your beauty. Bowing

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
12-10-2016, 02:08 PM
(12-10-2016 12:44 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Ja. Ich spreche ein wenig Deutsch. Meistens "würde ich ein Bier mögen." und "Ich kann auf dem Autobond fahren." My grammar and spelling sucks thou.

In spanish I can say .
"La leche es blanca." "Hay un gato gigante en mis pantalones!"

In french I can say
"Ce fromage est doux." and
"Vas te faire encule. chien de porc américain."

And I can count in Japanese.

Your German was several orders of magnitude better, although (iirc) you didnt brag about it unlike TheBorg.

While my spanish sucks i still can understand "Hay un gato gigante en mis pantalones!" Smile

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
12-10-2016, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2016 03:09 PM by Commonsensei.)
(12-10-2016 01:40 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Not surprisingly, this thread had Me googling "Winnipeg language classes," looking for yet more linguistic trouble to get Myself into.

And then I lay down for a few moments and felt much better. Just not enough hours in the day. Maybe after I retire... (looks wistfully at course descriptions and sighs heavily)

(Commonsensei, perchance have you taken karate or judo? That's where I learned to count in Japanese.)

Yeah. I taught it for about 4 or 5 years when my Sensei busted his knee. He sat on the side while I taught the class.

It was Isshin-Ryu Karate.

I learned the Freanh phrases in Middle school. The spanish I got a basis in High School, and have slowly pick up more living in SoCal and having the majority of my coworkers fluent. The German I taught myself, when I took a vacation to Germany. Many of it stuck basic stuff like How do I get to the bus station. or How much dose this cost. that sort of thing. I'm fully flaunt in English and Bad English.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
12-10-2016, 04:50 PM
Isshin-Ryu? Kewl! I did Shotokan for about 3 years (and then *I* had to drop out due to knee problems). Also did some judo back in the '80s, which in a spectacular twist of fate is how I learned of Prokofiev's Alexander Nevsky -- another woman in class had a spare ticket to a symphony/choir performance and I absolutely loved it.

As for French, je suis neé à Montréal.
12-10-2016, 05:25 PM
El Borg es una de esas personas que se cree mejor que otros, posiblemente porque su mama le dijo que el era especial como niño. Después de todo lo que ha escrito lo considero un pendejo torpe.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-10-2016, 05:29 PM
(12-10-2016 04:50 PM)Astreja Wrote:  As for French, je suis neé à Montréal.

Et je viens au sud de la Louisianne, que nous appellons l'Acadie.

Peut-être qu'il avait pensé que tous les Américains ne parlent que l'anglais?

Mais nous étions à l'origine Canadienne!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
12-10-2016, 05:52 PM
(12-10-2016 08:53 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 08:38 AM)theBorg Wrote:  1) the troll is not respected, the polyglot is respected. I am a polyglot. Thus, I am not the troll.
A person can be both an asshole and speak multiple languages, they are not mutually exclusive. The fact that you speak more than one language (barely) doesn't excuse your behavior, and your behavior is that of a troll.

You're a stupid cunt who's not interested in actually learning anything or even honestly engaging people in discussion, a fact you demonstrate over and over. That makes you a troll.

(12-10-2016 08:38 AM)theBorg Wrote:  2) Live and let live, friend.
Go fuck a toaster.

(12-10-2016 08:53 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Go fuck a toaster

With the dial turned to dark brown. Drinking Beverage

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-10-2016, 07:10 PM
(12-10-2016 05:42 AM)theBorg Wrote:  I know: English, Estonian, Russian and German. Smartass

Do you know something beyond the English?

LOL... jack of all trades, master of none then? Hint; you don't "know" English, and you can't write it fluently. Sorry.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.