We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
14-10-2016, 03:44 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
Why do you guys still bother with this object?

He thrives on the attention and insults.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
14-10-2016, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2016 04:08 AM by theBorg.)
(14-10-2016 03:32 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(13-10-2016 11:18 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Your insults because of my fundamental faith is the action against the faith. So, here are the anti-theists. The Judaism is a theism. Thus, the anti-theists are antisemite. Correct? Then who is hypocrite?
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinLaugh out load

I am an atheist. I am married to a Christian. One of my two best friends is a Christian. I am friends with Muslims and Jews and Hindus and Buddhists and Neo-Pagans. .......

Dear friend, please learn to communicate the polite way. See: the people are not masochists to hear out all the insults and fu**-words. It is wrong approach to "save" theBorg. To my opinion: I love the atheists, and is giving the objective information. However I am being bully-ed and envy-ed because of Jesus'es kindness. I record the aggressive atheism here. Look also:

14-10-2016, 04:12 AM
(14-10-2016 03:57 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 03:32 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I am an atheist. I am married to a Christian. One of my two best friends is a Christian. I am friends with Muslims and Jews and Hindus and Buddhists and Neo-Pagans. .......
even more drivel. I am desperately trying to distract from the fact, that
i am preaching the gospel of antisemitism

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
14-10-2016, 04:33 AM
(14-10-2016 04:12 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 03:57 AM)theBorg Wrote:  even more drivel. I am desperately trying to distract from the fact, that
i am preaching the gospel of antisemitism

theBorg is just the mirror, my friend! The atheists see the ugly reflections there.

HoboHoboHobo
14-10-2016, 04:44 AM
(14-10-2016 04:33 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 04:12 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

theBorg is just trying to deflect again by projecting his own antisemitism onto others.
Its cheap, but they, i dont have anything else at hand here Hobo

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
14-10-2016, 08:07 AM
(14-10-2016 01:00 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 12:07 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Why would we Jews care if people (any people) believe in our G-d?

Is the atheism different from the Judaism? Yes, the Jews are theists. The Atheists are atheists. People do hate to be different. So, according to the social thermodynamics, the state of the socium tends to the equality. They say: equal "rights" for woman, for homosexuals, for satanists, etc. The equality is expressed in ban of the USA flag, the ban of the gender identity.

The Poe's law I am adding: Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

You didn't answer the question. Why would we care if non-Jews believe in our G-d?

Also, you've added some points of agreement between Jews and atheists. We both believe in equal rights for women and homosexuals. Neither Jews nor atheists believe in the Christian version of Satan, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there. None of these topics would make for good debate subjects between Jews and atheists.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
14-10-2016, 08:33 AM
(14-10-2016 01:43 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 01:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  You think being an antisemite or posting antisemite garbage on a forum is funny?

The atheists are not against the Jews, but the atheists are strongly against any theism. So, the atheists are against the Judaism. If there would be a button "destroy the theism" any atheist would push it down.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Is there a point to dull generalizations such as this?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
14-10-2016, 12:27 PM
(14-10-2016 08:33 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 01:43 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The atheists are not against the Jews, but the atheists are strongly against any theism. So, the atheists are against the Judaism. If there would be a button "destroy the theism" any atheist would push it down.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Is there a point to dull generalizations such as this?

You mean other than to outright lie for Jesus?

I would not push a button to "destroy the theism". In fact, I would fight to preserve people's right to believe whatever silly stuff they want, so long as they keep it a private affair and do not try to insinuate their silly beliefs into politics, foist it onto my children through sneaky/manipulative means (like social pressure by inserting it into school events, for instance), or use my tax dollars to advance their religion.

I would fight and die for your right to believe whatever you will, so long as you do no harm with it.

I happen to think the world would be better off if we move away from superstitious ideas and into a period of scientific enlightenment, but I also recognize that religion has contributed greatly to making our society and that these traditions are special to large numbers of people, such that "getting rid of" religion overnight would do a great deal of harm to a lot of people.

Now, if you mean do I wish I had a magic button by which I could see to it that humans never got the idea that there are magic beings in the sky who talk to us and tell us what to do (with a curious fascination about sex, apparently) and whom to kill in the name of the magic being... yes, I would love to have such a magical capability.

I do not think the many benefits of religion are worth the damage they do, especially the sort that impacts people like Borgo, rotting their brains in order to preserve, protect, and replicate the viral meme.

In particular, I loathe the "martyr complex" that they all develop, in which our attacks on their idiotic ideas and/or idiotic statements that conflict with demonstrable reality turn into (in their minds) a pathological need to attack religion.

They're saying, "No, I'm not really the idiot they're saying I am, I am a champion of a holy idea that they are driven by hatred of religion to attack, wrongly."

It's a handy way of never having to actually examine one's own ideas. Just repeat what you have been programmed to say, including the "I'm not really the idiot" part.

Why do something difficult, like think for yourself, after all?

Poor Borgo.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
14-10-2016, 12:56 PM
(14-10-2016 12:27 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 08:33 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Is there a point to dull generalizations such as this?

You mean other than to outright lie for Jesus?

I would not push a button to "destroy the theism". In fact, I would fight to preserve people's right to believe whatever silly stuff they want, so long as they keep it a private affair and do not try to insinuate their silly beliefs into politics, foist it onto my children through sneaky/manipulative means (like social pressure by inserting it into school events, for instance), or use my tax dollars to advance their religion.

I would fight and die for your right to believe whatever you will, so long as you do no harm with it.

I happen to think the world would be better off if we move away from superstitious ideas and into a period of scientific enlightenment, but I also recognize that religion has contributed greatly to making our society and that these traditions are special to large numbers of people, such that "getting rid of" religion overnight would do a great deal of harm to a lot of people.

Now, if you mean do I wish I had a magic button by which I could see to it that humans never got the idea that there are magic beings in the sky who talk to us and tell us what to do (with a curious fascination about sex, apparently) and whom to kill in the name of the magic being... yes, I would love to have such a magical capability.

I do not think the many benefits of religion are worth the damage they do, especially the sort that impacts people like Borgo, rotting their brains in order to preserve, protect, and replicate the viral meme.

In particular, I loathe the "martyr complex" that they all develop, in which our attacks on their idiotic ideas and/or idiotic statements that conflict with demonstrable reality turn into (in their minds) a pathological need to attack religion.

They're saying, "No, I'm not really the idiot they're saying I am, I am a champion of a holy idea that they are driven by hatred of religion to attack, wrongly."

It's a handy way of never having to actually examine one's own ideas. Just repeat what you have been programmed to say, including the "I'm not really the idiot" part.

Why do something difficult, like think for yourself, after all?

Poor Borgo.

Oh, you've done it now. All that logic is going to get you another pointless video from Borg and some incoherent bullshit platitude that he pulled out his ass.
[+] 4 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
14-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Dark Wanderer ' Wrote:  Oh, you've done it now. All that logic is going to get you another pointless video from Borg and some incoherent bullshit platitude that he pulled out his ass.

Oh, it's coming. Video after video will be posted, none of which will we actually watch.

Posting videos saves Borgy the trouble of having to actually respond. Writing coherent thoughts is hard for Borg.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post