We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
15-10-2016, 12:51 AM
RE: We'd better say "no false gods", than "no gods"
(14-10-2016 08:07 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 01:00 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Is the atheism different from the Judaism? Yes, the Jews are theists. The Atheists are atheists. People do hate to be different. So, according to the social thermodynamics, the state of the socium tends to the equality. They say: equal "rights" for woman, for homosexuals, for satanists, etc. The equality is expressed in ban of the USA flag, the ban of the gender identity.

The Poe's law I am adding: Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

You didn't answer the question. Why would we care if non-Jews believe in our G-d?

Also, you've added some points of agreement between Jews and atheists. We both believe in equal rights for women and homosexuals. Neither Jews nor atheists believe in the Christian version of Satan, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there. None of these topics would make for good debate subjects between Jews and atheists.

Whoopsie, Borgy! It seems you still haven't answered these questions. It's totally understandable. You're responding to so many posts here that it's easy to let a few slip through the cracks. For whatever it's worth, I've certainly been guilty of that myself until someone points it out to me. Blush

Please answer my question about why you think Jews should be concerned with this idea that non-Jews should believe in our definition of G-d, and explain to me what subjects you think Jews and atheists will debate in the future.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2016, 01:08 AM
(15-10-2016 12:51 AM)Aliza Wrote:  .................
Please answer my question about why you think Jews should be concerned with this idea that non-Jews should believe in our definition of G-d, and explain to me what subjects you think Jews and atheists will debate in the future.

Dear respectful Jew.

The True God is not the false god. The True God is superior to any human in all aspects. Do you agree?

After the "evil spirits" would be finished with Christianity, they will not stop. See: the Judaism is also a theism.

We are like the Galaxy defenders:

15-10-2016, 01:15 AM
(15-10-2016 01:08 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 12:51 AM)Aliza Wrote:  .................

Dear respectful Jew.

The True God is not the false god. The True God is superior to any human in all aspects. Do you agree?

Yes, I think I can agree to this. I would use totally different language to describe it, but I think I agree, at least for the time being.

(15-10-2016 01:08 AM)theBorg Wrote:  After the "evil spirits" would be finished with Christianity, they will not stop. See: the Judaism is also a theism.

No, we're not on the same page here. Jews do not believe that there are evil spirits who are trying to hurt us. Thus, no galactic defense force is necessary.

But you're still not answering my questions.
15-10-2016, 01:18 AM
(15-10-2016 01:15 AM)Aliza Wrote:  But you're still not answering my questions.

I'll save you a lot of trouble.

He doesn't answer direct questions.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-10-2016, 01:26 AM
(15-10-2016 01:18 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 01:15 AM)Aliza Wrote:  But you're still not answering my questions.

I'll save you a lot of trouble.

He doesn't answer direct questions.

Well no wonder he's not having productive conversations.

Borgy, to have a conversation with people, you're supposed to answer questions. Then you get to ask a few of your own. Both parties are supposed to express their ideas, and you're supposed to acknowledge the other party's ideas by kind of recapping them (not necessarily agreeing with them) to demonstrate your comprehension.

This is how it works. Smartass
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
15-10-2016, 05:28 AM
The Borg asks the questions the Hive Mind tells him to ask. He answers the same way.

Front row seats for the Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution Reunion Tour!
[+] 2 users Like chimp3's post
15-10-2016, 06:02 AM
(15-10-2016 05:28 AM)chimp3 Wrote:  The Borg asks the questions the Hive Mind tells him to ask. He answers the same way.

Good, very good. I see the progress here. Thumbsup Heart
15-10-2016, 06:14 AM
(15-10-2016 06:02 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 05:28 AM)chimp3 Wrote:  The Borg asks the questions the Hive Mind tells him to ask. He answers the same way.

Good, very good. I see the progress here. Thumbsup Heart

What? No videos attached with antisemitic nonsense? I am disappointed.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
15-10-2016, 02:56 PM
(15-10-2016 01:15 AM)Aliza Wrote:  ..................
But you're still not answering my questions.

I think, I am answering. You asked for the "common with Judaism" definition: the True God is the living one, which is not the false god and who is superior to human in all (except the sin).

Who asked for video, please look:

15-10-2016, 03:16 PM
[Image: 029a739e3b53346cb393d274a68e7b08.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post