We don't exist - per science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: We don't exist - per science
Like Smerc and Miso I gave up well before the end.

I think, however, that this only applies to neuro-typical people who are supposed to have empathy and shit.

This then affirms a suspicion that has been festering within my soul for a while... Aspies are the next stage of evolution.

(although the same could be said for psychopaths, but let's not go there).

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2014, 06:41 AM
If I were prone to changing my mind I would be popping in and out of existence? And, if I was really clueless I would be like Marty McFly in a flux state of existence? Cool. Lawls.

It's "science".

21-07-2014, 07:56 AM
(12-07-2014 10:51 AM)cjlr Wrote:  There's a tiny legitimate core beneath the bizarre rambling and quote mining Einstein and Darwin.

Atheism ≠ skepticism, and all human beings are prone to gaps of reasoning (overactive pattern recognition and rampant agenticity and so on).

But, tell us something we didn't know.
Dodgy

Yeah, there does seem to be some truth to what they're saying, but it in no way has anything to do with their stupidly sensationalist headline.

I'm willing to buy that due to our pattern finding and tendency to find patterns where there are none, that our species is predisposed to supernatural woo. Still, that's a far cry from "atheists don't exist". There's a big difference between recognizing a predisposition for X in humans to "all humans are X".
21-07-2014, 01:59 PM
(12-07-2014 10:51 AM)cjlr Wrote:  There's a tiny legitimate core beneath the bizarre rambling and quote mining Einstein and Darwin.

Atheism ≠ skepticism, and all human beings are prone to gaps of reasoning (overactive pattern recognition and rampant agenticity and so on).

Dodgy

If you believe that your mind is flawed, you don't.

Truth seeker.
21-07-2014, 02:02 PM
(21-07-2014 01:59 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  

Dodgy

If you believe that your mind is flawed, you don't.

Nope. A conclusion can be true even if arrived at through faulty means. Learn to logic.

Course, that's without touching on the myriad other flaws implicit in that little piece of commentary fail.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
21-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Yes. Our brains are flawed....but we can overcome that with our awareness of said flaws. Good grief this article.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
21-07-2014, 02:25 PM
(21-07-2014 02:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yes. Our brains are flawed....but we can overcome that with our awareness of said flaws. Good grief this article.

If your brain is flawed, you can't know if you've overcome those flaws.

Truth seeker.
21-07-2014, 02:27 PM
(21-07-2014 02:25 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(21-07-2014 02:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yes. Our brains are flawed....but we can overcome that with our awareness of said flaws. Good grief this article.

If your brain is flawed, you can't know if you've overcome those flaws.

Go troll elsewhere. You add nothing to any conversation you are in. If you want to be stupid go be stupid, just do it somewhere else.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-07-2014, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2014 03:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
So I read the article and I came away thinking that atheism is impossible because I would be a proper substitute for God in a pinch. ...Can't say I got an objection to that. Drinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
21-07-2014, 04:25 PM
(21-07-2014 03:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I read the article and I came away thinking that atheism is impossible because I would be a proper substitute for God in a pinch. ...Can't say I got an objection to that. Drinking Beverage

I can't hear you Girly - you don't exist.

And I don't exist.

And so it goes.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat