We don't exist - per science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: We don't exist - per science
(21-07-2014 04:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-07-2014 03:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I read the article and I came away thinking that atheism is impossible because I would be a proper substitute for God in a pinch. ...Can't say I got an objection to that. Drinking Beverage

I can't hear you Girly - you don't exist.

And I don't exist.

And so it goes.

Make a hole ladies. We got a player at the table. Big Grin

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2014, 06:24 PM
(21-07-2014 03:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I read the article and I came away thinking that atheism is impossible because I would be a proper substitute for God in a pinch. ...Can't say I got an objection to that. Drinking Beverage

"In a pinch" insinuates that that you'd do under terrible circumstances. I think I may very well do a better job whatever conditions exists assuming that God is omnipotent and omniscient...cause that means I am responsible for whatever conditions exist. Now, if I were to replace Odin, I'll admit, I wouldn't be that great a god. Besides, depth perception rules! Big Grin

21-07-2014, 07:23 PM
(21-07-2014 06:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  

"In a pinch" insinuates that that you'd do under terrible circumstances. I think I may very well do a better job whatever conditions exists assuming that God is omnipotent and omniscient...cause that means I am responsible for whatever conditions exist. Now, if I were to replace Odin, I'll admit, I wouldn't be that great a god. Besides, depth perception rules! Big Grin

Just wiped a dingleberry off my ass.

#sigh
22-07-2014, 12:39 AM
You know, so many questions begin with the letter 'w'. It makes acronyms hard to figure out.

For example:

WTF did I just read?

WTF did I just read it?

WTF do they get this stuff?

WTF buys this stuff?

WTF do I unleash napalmy justice upon in retribution?

WTF is crap like this going to stop being pushed?

Seriously, even without the lack of proper citations (which is both telling and egregious; they keep us from fact checking, and if that WERE legitimate science they're quoting, they'd be depriving scientists of proper credit) it's obviously, and quite implicitly, adopting such broad definitions of "believe" and "God" that it leaps beyond the realm of equivocation and enters into the realm of non-sequitur insane troll logic.

So that's TWO marks against your probationarily-refriended friend. One for sending you Christian hogwash propaganda, and one for sending you BAD Christian hogwash propaganda.

Okay, okay, okay. This is CC forum instead of A&T, so this isn't about the article. It's about you venting about a friend who won't recognize or respect boundaries. I'd suggest sending your friend a PM explaining that you don't come onto Facebook to be the target of proselytizing, and that if she can't respect that boundary, you'll enforce it with the unfriend button or some flavor of ignore list.

I've been off Facebook too long to know how it works any more. Have they by any chance added hashtags that let you ignore certain types of status updates?
22-07-2014, 06:15 AM
(21-07-2014 02:25 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(21-07-2014 02:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yes. Our brains are flawed....but we can overcome that with our awareness of said flaws. Good grief this article.

If your brain is flawed, you can't know if you've overcome those flaws.

That's not true. It depends on how your brain is flawed.
30-07-2014, 04:14 PM
So, how long will it take for the esteemed researchers to declare atheism a mental illness?