We don't know because we haven't found out yet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2010, 03:46 PM

RE: We don't know because we haven't found out yet!
Think about this (or just read it, I don't care)-

If God is the omnipotent creator of everything and responsible for everything (which is what the Bible states, no less, and don't ever let a theist tell you otherwise in an attempt to cover his tracks), then it must be impossible to eliminate him as the cause for anything.

Forget about the God of the gaps. The God of the gaps contradicts the God of the Bible. If science can eliminate the need for God just one instance (forget about the fact that science has removed the need for God in nearly everything), then doesn't this disprove the notion of the omnipotent responsible-for-all God? Either God must be responsible for everything, or nothing.

But let's say you accept the God of the Gaps argument. First of all, this contradicts the God of the Bible so you are being a hypocrite by calling yourself a Christian yet believing in the God of the Gaps. Furthermore, the gaps are getting smaller every passing day, if they still exist at all. And if your notion of God is just an explanation for that which is unknown, why do you worship him? I don't worship the Big Bang or gravity...
Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2010, 04:53 PM
"God of the gaps" reminds me of "foot in the door." Just another way of trying to muscle ones way in.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2010, 05:53 PM
My brothers girlf is catholic. Or at least she says she is, she never goes to church, never reads the bible and does pretty much nothing related to her faith. Yet when me and my brother absolutely grill her she locks up into catholic mode and sounds like your "god of the gaps". My science bowling ball has knocked down all her skittles apart from the "missing links" skittle and the "before the big bang" skittle. She wont budge on god at this point because, and this is what she said " if i dont believe i wont go to heaven"

shocking to say the least. Needless to say i was about ready to beat my head against a brick wall.

It's easy to think people are listening to you, but in actual fact they are just waiting for their turn to speak.
18-09-2010, 06:14 PM
(18-09-2010 05:53 PM)Nealson Wrote:  She wont budge on god at this point because, and this is what she said " if i dont believe i wont go to heaven"

That is why religion created hell. To create a fear that keeps the sheep in the flock and the flock under their thumb.
18-09-2010, 07:25 PM
(17-09-2010 08:28 AM)2buckchuck Wrote:  This explanation is no explanation of anything at all

Well, my friend, I think that means that it's not an explanation, maybe retort would have been more suitable Tongue Sorry, I couldn't help but chuckle when I read that

19-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:She wont budge on god at this point because, and this is what she said " if i dont believe i wont go to heaven"

Tell her all the fun people are in hell anyway.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
20-09-2010, 03:13 AM

(18-09-2010 07:25 PM)Green Wrote:  
(17-09-2010 08:28 AM)2buckchuck Wrote:  This explanation is no explanation of anything at all
Well, my friend, I think that means that it's not an explanation, maybe retort would have been more suitable Tongue Sorry, I couldn't help but chuckle when I read that
Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, that's exactly what it means.
Quote this message in a reply