We got us a new Pope!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: We got us a new Pope!
This shite has been all over Irish national television and radio for the last week. Talk about generalising the whole fucking population Dodgy

Not even generalising to a specific religion, but to a specific group in the religion. Sheesh.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Gee, too bad I am no longer Catholic...if I was I could be joining in the celebration by...wait how do you celebrate a new Your Popeness?

I do find it unsettling that a group from around the world can get together and make a big decision in just over a day...and our (U.S.) government leaders can't decide anything except for raises for themselves no matter how much time they have.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
13-03-2013, 09:05 PM
(13-03-2013 12:28 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/13/car...?hpt=hp_t1

White smoke billowed from the Vatican smokestack.

The new Pontiff should address the world shortly.
So is this guy going to take a positive or negative stand on the sciences.

I'll admit that I didn't do any research but I barely care enough to ask this question. Drinking Beverage

Just an outsider looking inn.
13-03-2013, 09:43 PM

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
13-03-2013, 09:59 PM
To be honest, was there even anyone that could be pope that is liberal regarding gay rights, abortion, euthanasia etc..?

I think this pope is as good as it was going to get.

Look at the positives. He's from Latin America, where the majority of catholics reside. He has taken vows of poverty and shit. And not just that but he puts it into practice opting to take the bus instead of the guy that comes and picks him up.
He favors the poor and "understands" their struggle etc.. all that crap.

Honestly, I think he's as good a pope as we were going to get.
Besides, he's gotta be better then any African pope. Africans (with the exception of South Africa) are so far conservative regarding important issues like gay rights, abortion etc.. that they make the US look like a bunch of pot smoking hippies promoting free love.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
14-03-2013, 04:00 AM
Now he's going to live in the Vatican, so much for being humble, heh?
14-03-2013, 05:13 AM
Ah, we can't expect much difference; I mean it's the fucking pope.

I think someone should do a background check to see if he has any NAMBLA history.
14-03-2013, 07:51 AM
(13-03-2013 09:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  that they make the US look like a bunch of pot smoking hippies promoting free love.
That's exactly what we need, a pope who is a pot smoking hippie promoting free love.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
14-03-2013, 08:35 AM
(14-03-2013 07:51 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-03-2013 09:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  that they make the US look like a bunch of pot smoking hippies promoting free love.
That's exactly what we need, a pope who is a pot smoking hippie promoting free love.

Yes, just like how I need 10million dollars to retire.

Need and gonna happen are two different things.
This is the Catholic church we are talking about here.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
14-03-2013, 11:51 PM
All they did was get Ed Wynn out of the cryo-freezer next to Walt Disney, some Rosetta Stone, a funny hat and some fancy pj's-- presto!

I think it was a good PR move. Ed's a sweet ol' codger, if a little annoying in large doses. He might play his act a little straighter this time, I think. Catholicism's already full of corny jokes.

[Image: ed_wynn.jpg]
[Image: Pope-Francis-I-appears-on-006.jpg]

"The problem with faith is that it really is a conversation stopper. Faith is a declaration of immunity to the powers of conversation. It is a reason why you do not have to give reasons for what you believe." - Sam Harris
[+] 2 users Like SingingBear's post