We got us a new Pope!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: We got us a new Pope!
I didn't know about this until tumblr told me...xD

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2013, 12:56 PM
(14-03-2013 07:51 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-03-2013 09:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  that they make the US look like a bunch of pot smoking hippies promoting free love.
That's exactly what we need, a pope who is a pot smoking hippie promoting free love.
I nominate this pot smoking hippie promoting free love...

[img][Image: 3df3_zps94423327.jpg][/img]

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-03-2013, 05:19 AM
You think THESE people are nuts, it gets worse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-03-2013, 07:23 AM
(19-03-2013 05:19 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You think THESE people are nuts, it gets worse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism
Ah yes, the "No true Liberaceman" fallacy. Drinking Beverage

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Short blurb on the radio this morning about the pope and a comment of his regarding his hope that we tend to the poor, (something I missed), and the unimportant.
WTAF is that about?
When they said the last, I think my brain lost the middle category. I was slack-jawed. Who are 'the unimportant'? Anybody know?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
19-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Last Wednesday, when the white smoke came out the exhaust pipe, I started posting some lighthearted comments on Facebook. Here they were:

"If the new Pope is black, will detractors demand to see his baptismal certificate?"
"If the new Pope is French, how soon before the Vatican surrenders?"
"If the new Pope is American, will all masses worldwide be English-only?"

Then we learned he was from Argentina.

"A Latino Pope! Efforts immediately underway to determine whether he got to the Vatican legally."
"If his first words as Pope are 'It won't be easy, you'll think it's strange,' I'm converting immediately."
"People of Vatican City, your newly elected Pontiff, Jorge Mario."
(Those last two are only funny if you are familiar with the musical "Evita.")
"Lighten up, Francis."

Then this series, letting people know they should not be concerned that a Latino Pope will lead an office makeover:

"Rumor control: the new Popemobile will not be a lowrider."
"Rumor control: The Pope's official portrait will not be on velvet."
"Rumor control: The new Pope's chair will not be fitted with a plastic slipcover."
"Rumor control: The new Pope will not incorporate chancletas into penance requirements."
"Rumor control: the Pope is not changing the 'Our Father' to the 'Ay Dios Mio.'"
"Rumor control: Despite the fact that the new Pope is from Argentina, steak on Fridays during Lent is still forbidden."
"Rumor control: The Pope is not replacing communion wafers with tostones [plantain chips]."

And that was it.

Now, a couple of people have since told me that my posts were disrespectful to the Pope and to Catholics. For that reason I would like to publicly apologize.

For knowing those people.
[+] 3 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post