We have no history section.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2013, 11:56 PM
We have no history section.
You know history is one of my favorite subjects? Love history and I hate the 'accepted' history of your world. Archeology does not discriminate!

So I've simply moved on, I am now in a moment where pre-columbian america is of greater interest to me. Given possibilities of Chinese, Roman, and even African connections, and an entire civilization I've never EVER heard about before. The Olmecs.

I was always taught of the Aztecs, the Incas, and the Mayans! (and some minor villages in north america) But these Olmecs? Never heard of them before!

Ah but here I am rambling on about this! We NEED a History section! We absolutely need one! How have you guys survived for so long without one? What do you think history just pops out of the sky and will magically land on you? NO! You need to DISCUSS it with others! Research!

We also need to change my name to The Poe Master
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 12:17 AM
RE: We have no history section.
Why wouldn't you know about the Olmec? Were you home schooled? There are also others - the Toltec had great pyramids. Know about them?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-02-2013, 12:28 AM
(05-02-2013 12:17 AM)kim Wrote:  Why wouldn't you know about the Olmec? Were you home schooled? There are also others - the Toltec had great pyramids. Know about them?
I'm going to start killing people shortly. No I did not even know of these Toltecs.

I was not home schooled, my education was even worse than that... I was taught in American Public schools. See THIS is exactly why we need a history section! So people can share their knowledge of history!
05-02-2013, 12:34 AM
I went to public school. Maybe you just didn't pay attention or were absent during some lessons.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-02-2013, 12:40 AM
(05-02-2013 12:34 AM)kim Wrote:  I went to public school. Maybe you just didn't pay attention or were absent during some lessons.
Or maybe public schools vary in degrees of good and bad. Early public schooling for me when I was taught about the incas, the mayans, and the aztecs could only cover so much. Later down the line I was not taught of anything that didn't deal with United States history. Except a little bit about Rome. And my elementary years of global history skipped large parts of history that I would later have to fill in by myself. Still filling in shit, like these olmecs and toltecs, and the possibility of chinese and roman discoveries of america. Roman descendants found in china has peeked my interest in asian history as well.
05-02-2013, 01:01 AM
As someone who has been requesting a history section for some time can I make a request that a history section NOT be made while this guy is here. Wait till he's banned.
The political section has already been taken over, if we are to finally get a history section I wouldn't want it if this guys just gonna ruin it.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
05-02-2013, 01:04 AM
(05-02-2013 01:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  As someone who has been requesting a history section for some time can I make a request that a history section NOT be made while this guy is here. Wait till he's banned.
The political section has already been taken over, if we are to finally get a history section I wouldn't want it if this guys just gonna ruin it.
I don't think I've ever posted in the politics section.
05-02-2013, 01:06 AM
(05-02-2013 01:04 AM)Nappa Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 01:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  As someone who has been requesting a history section for some time can I make a request that a history section NOT be made while this guy is here. Wait till he's banned.
I don't think I've ever posted in the politics section.
csb, I didn't say you did.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-02-2013, 02:55 AM
No history section. And no name change you've already had one you won't get another. Bringing it up won't change that.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
05-02-2013, 02:58 AM
Aww come on, history section would be cool. Unless it got taken over by conspiracy nuts. But it'd be quite nice ? Or is it just that we're getting too many sections ?