We have to change this [snip] crap.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2012, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 08:59 AM by germanyt.)
We have to change this [snip] crap.
Anytime someone quotes something more than 2 or 3 lines long it cuts the middle out. And not just when you click the quote button. If you quote a news article for example it only shows a few lines of it. What's going on? Is this just on my end?

N/m
I didn't realize you could click and expand the quote.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
26-03-2012, 08:17 AM
RE: We have to change this [snip] crap.
that "snip crap" is explained here
there is a new script, and it snips out the middle and when there are too many pictures in quotes, and smilies count as pictures. This is so if there are lots of long quotes you don't have to scroll like stupid.

But at DeepThought (right?) maybe can we have like two kinds of quotes. So one type of quote would be for newspaper articles, wikipedia, etc and not be snipped.
And the usual user quotes could be snipped?
Just an idea

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-03-2012, 08:27 AM
You don't need to snip user quotes either. Just make it so it doesn't quote quotes. If you quote someone who's post had quotes in it then make it so it leaves them off your post.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
26-03-2012, 08:48 AM
If you click on the snipped quote it will expand it and show the whole thing. It actually works pretty well as-is in my opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
26-03-2012, 08:57 AM
(26-03-2012 08:48 AM)kineo Wrote:  If you click on the snipped quote it will expand it and show the whole thing. It actually works pretty well as-is in my opinion.

Why didn't anybody tell me?

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
26-03-2012, 09:01 AM
I didn't know either, that's cool!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Alright. So now I get an 'out of memory at line ****' pop up with every page on this site. Hitting the reply button doesn't always copy the quote I'm replying to.

I've deleted all temp and other files on this computer and managed the add ons (looked that up online) and it's still doing it every single time I click on a page. Reply thing happens about every other attempt.

-Mark Twain
26-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Now it's double posting and not even identically.

-Mark Twain
26-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Have you been partaking of the alcohol?

Or received any hard knocks to the head lately?

What browser are you using again?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Yup, I'm kinda lost here. I don't know where to begin.

Try rebooting... Since you use Internet Explorer you can't expect anything to work properly for very long... Tongue

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post