We need a crying thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: We need a crying thread
Woo! So he's awake and talking and being silly! That's fantastic! Hug

They're observing instead of the neurosurgeon screaming that he should have been in the OR five minutes ago, or worse doing the procedure bedside in the trauma room. I've actually had a neurosurgeon push my stretcher 'cause he felt like he'd get the patient to the OR faster.

Kids make remarkable recoveries - a head injury in a young child doesn't always carry with it the devastating consequences that would affect an adult with a similar injury.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Nurse's post
06-05-2015, 10:51 PM
If you need me, you know how to reach me. Love you to the moon.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
07-05-2015, 12:20 AM
So sorry to hear.

Much love, hope, and many hugs.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
07-05-2015, 12:26 AM
Sorry Anj Sad That's terrible. Will be thinking of you lots. Fuck, these are the times when I wish prayer actually did work.

Heart Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-05-2015, 05:09 AM
As of 3am things seems to be about the same. He wants to go home and take a bath and eat pizza. Still complains that his foot hurts, there will be further tests. He is bruised up for sure but looks alert and they are obviously letting him drink some fluids.

My heart aches.

[img][Image: Trey%20ear_zps8gflfhv6.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: Trey%20face_zpsgjajo7io.jpg][/img]

Thanks to everyone. Love you all.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
07-05-2015, 06:02 AM
Daughter sent a text saying the doctor came in, was rude, said Trey looked fine and he (the doctor) needed to be in surgery. I hope it's a good sign and not an indication of a bad doctor.

Waiting for further news.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-05-2015, 06:18 AM
(07-05-2015 06:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Daughter sent a text saying the doctor came in, was rude, said Trey looked fine and he (the doctor) needed to be in surgery. I hope it's a good sign and not an indication of a bad doctor.

Waiting for further news.

Woke up this morning and one of the first things I thought of was you and Trey. I am much relieved to see his photo Anjie! Much relieved.

Hug

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
07-05-2015, 06:18 AM
I'd say he looks pretty good - hopefully he is being watched carefully.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-05-2015, 07:06 AM
The helpless feeling really sucks but at least things are looking better. Kids can be amazingly resilient. I wish there was something practical we could do for him, or for you.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
07-05-2015, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2015 07:46 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Those are some wicked bruises. He's so lucky his eyes were not involved, or a crush injury to his neck, or anything else. Kids are pretty resiliant, as long as the injuries are not catastrophic. Looks like he'll be good as new. (I was going to predict " home within a week' last night .. now I'm pretty sure of that).
Drinking Beverage
(What were we saying about neuro-surgeons .. just the other day ? ... assholes ... ) Weeping

Edit : Talked to my BF about the doc, he said "He probably was thinking he was WAY too emotionally involved with such a tyke" ... maybe he was just dealing with his own emotions the only way he knew how .. distance. I know a world famous cardiologist like that. He pisses people off, as he appears "brusque", but in fact I know he is a "mushy guy" underneath it all, and he deeply feels for his peeps, .. he just thinks he shouldn't show it. He doesn't fool me. Tongue (He knows I'm on to him). When I'm sitting at tele he uses a secret "keyed entrance for docs", sneaks up behind me and whacks me on the back .. I go "Oh, it must be Dr F .... " Wink

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post