We need more people like Joel Burns!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2011, 09:04 PM
We need more people like Joel Burns!
Joel Burns is openly gay, and he talk about his own experience and other people regarding bullying and homosexuality. If you haven't watched the Youtube clip, then you MUST watch it now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax96cghOn...er&list=UL
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes godofskeptic's post
13-06-2011, 03:04 AM
RE: We need more people like Joel Burns!
Wonderful video. Definitely worth the time.
13-06-2011, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2011 03:20 AM by Lilith Pride.)
I talk to people at colleges, have been thinking about youtube but haven't yet. It's a great message And he made very powerful statement about it.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
13-06-2011, 10:47 AM
(13-06-2011 03:04 AM)riseinside Wrote:  Wonderful video. Definitely worth the time.

Yes, this video is absolutly wonderful! It made me cry! not because I am a homosexual and i've experienced what he and other people have experienced!
I cried becasue of what people do to these people! It is sad to see how many of us don't take the time and think about our own actions!
14-06-2011, 03:56 AM

Great video to see..
Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2011, 07:50 AM
It's a real problem and it is hard. At my high school there was a gay guy who was in Leadership, so he would help out and talk during assemblies. Every time he got the microphone, people(mostly in the Freshman and Sophomore sections) would start yelling out "fag" and "queer". He would always just pause, then continue to talk as though it was nothing. He graduated last May, and I really hope his life starts getting better now.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user