We need only One, just One Commandment.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 09:53 AM
We need only One, just One Commandment.
There are times as a parent that my husband and I feel we have done a great job raising our kids and yesterday was one of them.

While talking causally in the kitchen the subject of religion and it's rules and regulations came up and my 19 year old daughter pipes up with the need for just One Commandment. Here it is.........

Commandment # 1: "Just Don't Be A Dick".

As we were discussing the subject further I realized that the "Just Don't Be A Dick" Commandment covers pretty much everything, especially the all secular rules. If you go out and murder someone you're being a Big Dick and need to not do that, pronto. If you steal money from someone you're being a Moderate Dick and need to stop. If you are greedy and covet your neighbors beautiful wife or fantastic, brand new lawn mower it's Sort Of Being A Dick but it's not too bad.

So "Just Don't Be A Dick" has some great potential for being the one and only commandment and my two daughters, my husband and I feel it should be up for consideration. I can visualize it etched on the front of the Supreme Court Building in DC too.

Opinions? Thoughts?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
24-04-2014, 10:25 AM
RE: We need only One, just One Commandment.
(24-04-2014 09:53 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  There are times as a parent that my husband and I feel we have done a great job raising our kids and yesterday was one of them.

While talking causally in the kitchen the subject of religion and it's rules and regulations came up and my 19 year old daughter pipes up with the need for just One Commandment. Here it is.........

As we were discussing the subject further I realized that the "Just Don't Be A Dick" Commandment covers pretty much everything, especially the all secular rules. If you go out and murder someone you're being a Big Dick and need to not do that, pronto. If you steal money from someone you're being a Moderate Dick and need to stop. If you are greedy and covet your neighbors beautiful wife or fantastic, brand new lawn mower it's Sort Of Being A Dick but it's not too bad.

So "Just Don't Be A Dick" has some great potential for being the one and only commandment and my two daughters, my husband and I feel it should be up for consideration. I can visualize it etched on the front of the Supreme Court Building in DC too.

Opinions? Thoughts?
Is it literal or metaphorical?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 3 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
24-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Its a pretty good rule.
24-04-2014, 10:32 AM
(24-04-2014 10:25 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 09:53 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  There are times as a parent that my husband and I feel we have done a great job raising our kids and yesterday was one of them.

Opinions? Thoughts?

errrr, I'm pretty sure it's metaphorical. Although a huge dildo on the front of the Supreme Court Building and other court buildings across the country would be a nice added touch. That is, rather than the Ten Commandments that are on some court buildings.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-04-2014, 10:34 AM
(24-04-2014 10:25 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  

Opinions? Thoughts?

hardy har har

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
24-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Nope.

Atheism is simple a lack of belief in God. Nothing more nothing less.
You can have such a commandment but you can't call it an "Atheist commandment" because it wouldn't be Atheism because Atheism is not a religion, it is a position to explain having no religion. Like bald is to hair styles or not collecting stamps is to hobbies.

If you want to start an organization like the "Atheist Church", which is actually just a club, where Atheists can gather and talk and have orgies or whatever the fuck you want and you wanna make that commandment that orgy organization's only rules than that's your business. But it wont change what Atheism is.

If you are referring to society it raises the issue of "what is considered being a dick", it's too subjective. Your idea of someone being a dick might be different to mine.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-04-2014, 12:23 PM

Opinions? Thoughts?

Wheaton's Law

[Image: cfe.jpg]

[Image: 434.jpg]

[Image: 9a5.jpg]

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-04-2014, 01:43 PM
I've heard this before. A better command would be, "Be kind".

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
24-04-2014, 01:49 PM
(24-04-2014 01:43 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I've heard this before. A better command would be, "Be kind".

Be a polar bear. That'd be fuckin' great. Or a baboon. I wanna be a baboon.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Smbc did a comic a few years ago where that was the one original commandment god gave Moses. I would listen to that god.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post