We pick up the U-Haul today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2013, 03:29 PM
RE: We pick up the U-Haul today!
(07-10-2013 03:22 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  So, why the change? That's a huge decision. There must a reason. It's the weed isn't it? Driving cross-country in the back of a sleeper van like a dirty hippy in search of weed. I've cracked the code!

Go for it germanyt, go for it!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
07-10-2013, 03:52 PM
(07-10-2013 03:22 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  So, why the change? That's a huge decision. There must a reason. It's the weed isn't it? Driving cross-country in the back of a sleeper van like a dirty hippy in search of weed. I've cracked the code!

Driving on a road to nowhere in Louisiana. Time to make a change.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
07-10-2013, 04:29 PM
(07-10-2013 03:52 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Driving on a road to nowhere in Louisiana. Time to make a change.

Let's songify this...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
07-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Good luck and safe travels!

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
09-10-2013, 11:49 AM
(07-10-2013 11:20 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Everett temporarily. It's just north of Seattle. We'll likely end up in West Seattle or Bellevue.

We're looking at the Duvall area. I have family there and they've loved it. I'm trying to find a job in Seattle or a job where I can telecomute before we move.

She turned me into a NEWT. I got better, though.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
10-10-2013, 04:47 AM
(07-10-2013 12:01 PM)kim Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 11:37 AM)germanyt Wrote:  No time issue but there is a money issue. We'll have to see.

If you also have a camper/sleeping van, you might be able to ease expenses by staying at camp grounds along the way, rather than motels.

Hmm... Consider Autumn; moving into the cold part of the country at a pretty iffy time of the year might bring delays. South Dakota is digging out of 6+ feet of snow, right now. Maybe starting out with a more southerly route across to Arizona and then proceed north. Yes, it might take longer but ... it also might lessen the need to resort to cannibalism. Wink

I'm only advising from a set historical precedent. Wherever your journey takes you... keep the long-johns within reach. Drinking Beverage Bon Voyage!
Well, the northwest doesn't get extremely cold. At least on the west side of the Cascades.