We're sending the wrong message.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2014, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 06:33 AM by earmuffs.)
We're sending the wrong message.
With only have the coffee emoticon: Drinking Beverage

I don't have anything against the coffee guy emot, it's my fav emot BUT I feel like we're sending the wrong message by only having a coffee man. What about those that partake in other assorted beverage drinking? Tea, hot coco, orange juice etc..?
It implies that we at TTA only support/care about/welcome coffee drinkers and all other assorted beverage drinkers can fuck off.

Luckily I think there is a simple solution to what can only be described as a gross negligence stain against my forum rights to belong to a community that accepts me as me and not for the morning beverage I choose to partake in drinking.
I propose two solutions that would solve this pressing issue and silence the heated debate once and for all.

1) The coffee emoticon be changed to :assorteddrinks:

OR

2) More emoticons be included to cover tea, hot coco, orange juice etc..

Your thoughts and opinions are welcome, but I'm hyped up on spring water and I'll probably face palm when I see this thread in the morning and never check it again.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like earmuffs's post
01-07-2014, 06:24 AM
RE: We're sending the wrong message.
We need a taco guy.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 6 users Like Hamata k's post
01-07-2014, 06:28 AM
As a non-coffee-drinker, it irks me to use that emoticon.

It creates a painful cognitive dissonance within my soul as I have to tell myself it's really hot choc or teh halia in that cup when deep down I know that it's coffee.

My preference would be for option 1.
So the emoticon remains the same but : coffee : to be changed to Drinking Beverage

(:assorteddrinks: is too long to type) Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
01-07-2014, 06:50 AM
(01-07-2014 06:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  As a non-coffee-drinker, it irks me to use that emoticon.

It creates a painful cognitive dissonance within my soul as I have to tell myself it's really hot choc or teh halia in that cup when deep down I know that it's coffee.

My preference would be for option 1.
So th emoticon remains the same but : coffee : to be changed to Drinking Beverage

(:assorteddrinks: is too long to type) Drinking Beverage

Drinking Beverage Consider

Yes, I approve very much of Drinking Beverage

And that cognitive dissonance that you suffer every time you wish to indulge in using ;coffee: is exactly the sort of thing you, as a forum user, should not have to tolerate.

It is stories like these, with fellow forum members needlessly suffering, that wound me deeply and inspire me to stand up to the oppressive regime KC and Rora run with an iron fist.

I ask them, how can they as human beings live with themselves knowing that needless forum members suffer in silence because they choose not to act. They choose to live in willful ignorance of you the people's suffering. While you work hard keeping this forum alive with your daily activity they sit in their admin only sub-forum sipping coffee looking down on you with disgust. But what they fail to realize is that, like a building, a forum relies upon a strong foundation. That foundation is you the people and YOU have the power. As individuals we are weak, but as a united force we are strong and even KC and Rora cannot defeat us!
So I implore you, PM KC and Rora, tweet #changecoffeetocup, spam the moderator section with threads on your thoughts about their oppression.
Together we can take back the forum and give it back to you the people! We will end the needless suffering!

Change :coffee: to Drinking Beverage please and end the violence.
Think of the children! Oh god why wont anyone think of the children!?

[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
01-07-2014, 06:53 AM
I've got your back on this one Muffs. The mods are haters!

I prefer tea over coffee. I finally removed my coffee emoticon over my growing resentment and loyalty to tea.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
01-07-2014, 06:56 AM
I can change it, though I'd need to change every post that used /:coffee/: otherwise it would break those posts.

Or I keep coffee and make it also work for Drinking Beverage

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
01-07-2014, 07:04 AM
(01-07-2014 06:56 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I can change it, though I'd need to change every post that used /:coffee/: otherwise it would break those posts.

Or I keep coffee and make it also work for Drinking Beverage

I did think of that, but would it really be broken?
I mean it would just mean some posts have :coffee: instead of Drinking Beverage from a specific date. It'd be a nice little interesting historical fact about the forum and wouldn't really break anything. It'd be a lot less breaking than say broken image links.

01-07-2014, 07:08 AM
(01-07-2014 06:56 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Or I keep coffee and make it also work for Drinking Beverage
Yeah, that'll do. Yes

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-07-2014, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 07:16 AM by DLJ.)
(01-07-2014 06:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
I ask them, how can they as human beings live with themselves knowing that needless forum members suffer in silence

OK, I was with you up until the point that you referred to me as 'needless'.

I have needs Weeping

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
01-07-2014, 07:32 AM
(01-07-2014 07:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-07-2014 06:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
I ask them, how can they as human beings live with themselves knowing that needless forum members suffer in silence

OK, I was with you up until the point that you referred to me as 'needless'.

I have needs Weeping

My bad, my sentence comprehension is way off tonight.
I meant "needless suffering", not that you as an individual are needless.