We should all be superior immortal god-like beings
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 12:15 AM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
RE: We should all be superior immortal god-like beings
(01-11-2014 09:42 PM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  The laws of physics and all functioning in this universe (such as gravity) are all very powerful things (things I would metaphorically refer to as "god-like") due to the immense awesomeness of this universe. I do not actually mean "god-like" since I already know that there is no such thing as gods or any other such superstition. I am, again, just metaphorically speaking when saying that those things are "god-like."
Ok. So in what way is "godlike" an apt metaphor? What purpose does it serve? Because you're essentially describing animism here; prescribing some form of intelligence or motivation to parts of the universe that don't evidently have them.

It's incoherent and has nothing to do with the rest of your post.

Edit: I should clarify. I'm wrong, it does have to with the rest of your post. It's just redundant as you repeat the point else where.

Quote:And yet, this universe has only designed us to be insignificant animals designed by evolution to just simply live lives that are bound by suffering and despair and to just simply remain dead in the end and go nowhere. Our minds and such are designed by the same god-like awesomeness that defines all functioning in this universe, so we should all be awesome god-like beings. Our minds are the most awesome and complex thing and came through many years of evolution and all for what? Just so we can be insignificant animals that are prone to suffering and despair and to just die and that's it?

Many intelligent people might say that we are insignificant in this universe and that this universe does not owe us anything, but it was this awesome and significant universe itself and its functioning that has taken on the form of our minds. Therefore, we should all be powerful, "god-like," and just as long-living and significant like this universe is and we should be able to embrace the laws of physics and have powers that makes use of these laws of physics. We should also all have god-like feelings of love, motivation, empowerment and pleasure that feel god-like and are enhanced to a psychotic level that is beyond human that make us feel extremely powerful because that is who we would be if we were these superior immortal god-like beings I speak of. But since we are not, that makes us all inferior since we all forever remain dead in the end and that we are not superior immortal god-like beings who have total control in our lives in having no suffering and despair in our lives. I don't care how great of a person you are and how much meaning you have given your life through your atheism, you, I, and everyone else are all inferior anyway since we are not gods. Now who am I to tell you all that you are inferior? I will tell you who I am. I am someone who has dared to even call my own self inferior for being an atheist and not being a superior immortal god-like being who would have no suffering and despair in his life. That is who I am!
So we are complex. Evolution is anthropromorphised and a godlike figure and because we aren't evolution we are inferior? But we are superior because we are complex?

The fuck are you on about?

Quote:In conclusion, I would like to say that if you are going to ask what is the use in comparing ourselves to a god-like fantasy that doesn't even exist and calling us inferior based on it? Then what I would have to say to that would be that it doesn't matter that it doesn't exist. We are all still inferior anyway for not being superior immortal god-like beings. Also, if you are going to ask how this is supposed to affect you in anyway and how this is supposed to make you feel inferior, then it would if you are a megalomaniac who wishes to have power and control in his/her life like me in the sense of wanting to be a superior immortal god-like being.
A) So your point is: We are inferior for not being equal to a metaphor. Because we die. But we should want to be superior in order to meet the standard you've put forward in your metaphor? Where we become automatic processes without apparent intelligence [/quote]or agency. Somehow and some why.

B) Even if you were being coherent; why would that be a desirable state?

C) You need a beginning and a middle in order to conclude something.

Edit: Genuine question: Are you high?
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2014, 12:13 AM
(01-11-2014 10:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'm about two standard deviations from the center of the bell curve.
Weeping

There's a curve?

Holy fuck, guys - there's a curve! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-11-2014, 12:17 AM
(02-11-2014 12:06 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  So we are complex. Evolution is anthropromorphised and a godlike figure and because we aren't evolution we are inferior? But we are superior because we are complex?

In a way, you could call us at least a bit superior for our amazing complex minds. But what I'm going on about is that we are nowhere near as superior as we should be with minds that are designed to be god-like with psychotically enhanced god-like feelings of love, pleasure, empowerment, and motivation that feel god-like that are beyond human. Instead of minds that are meant for evolution, we should have minds that are meant to control reality in having no suffering and despair in our lives.

(02-11-2014 12:06 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  B) Even if you were being coherent; why would that be a desirable state?

In order to have complete control over reality in living the happy and empowered lives we want to rather than being bound by suffering and despair in our lives, then dying and going nowhere on top of that. Think of all the people that go through the worst lives of suffering and/or despair and have to live with that on a constant daily basis (such as people who suffer from cancer). We are all inferior for having to live with such suffering and the fact that we cannot be superior to it by being gods in completely ridding of it out of our lives.
02-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Right on time I see.

Apparently spam is NOT against the rules here.

This brings the total threads on this same subject by the same person to what....12? 13? Shit I lost count.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
02-11-2014, 12:31 AM
We are not designed by anyone or anything.
It does not matter how small we are on the larger scale, because the larger scale for all intents and purposes might as well be Infinite.

We measure ourselves on the scale of what we are able to perceive around us. It is because of this that we are able to give ourselves meaning in the small space we inhabit.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
02-11-2014, 01:10 AM
(02-11-2014 12:17 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 12:06 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  So we are complex. Evolution is anthropromorphised and a godlike figure and because we aren't evolution we are inferior? But we are superior because we are complex?

In a way, you could call us at least a bit superior for our amazing complex minds. But what I'm going on about is that we are nowhere near as superior as we should be with minds that are designed to be god-like with psychotically enhanced god-like feelings of love, pleasure, empowerment, and motivation that feel god-like that are beyond human. ----

Well, "god" is a human construct. A god or gods - the very idea of such a thing, is the creation of the human mind. So, chase your tail all you want, in the end you'll die like everyone. Might not want to realize that but denying it won't make it not happen.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-11-2014, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 01:24 AM by MattMVS7.)
(02-11-2014 01:10 AM)kim Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 12:17 AM)MattMVS7 Wrote:  In a way, you could call us at least a bit superior for our amazing complex minds. But what I'm going on about is that we are nowhere near as superior as we should be with minds that are designed to be god-like with psychotically enhanced god-like feelings of love, pleasure, empowerment, and motivation that feel god-like that are beyond human. ----

Well, "god" is a human construct. A god or gods - the very idea of such a thing, is the creation of the human mind. So, chase your tail all you want, in the end you'll die like everyone. Might not want to realize that but denying it won't make it not happen.
There is not absolute 100% proof that there is no God and afterlife though, so we'll see. We'll see how superior my mind and who I am really is. If I die and go nowhere, then I am utterly inferior. But if I live on in a perfectly blissful life in heaven, then I will be superior. However, there would be no way for me to know if I forever remain dead. The only way for me to find out if I live on is somehow if I reawaken in heaven (if, again, that's even a possibility).
02-11-2014, 01:28 AM
Well, sounds like a project you'll wanna rush out and get to work on. Drinking Beverage

Thread Closed