We should allow other countries the right to a contrary opinion (on being gay) !

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-01-2013, 07:03 PM
We should allow other countries the right to a contrary opinion (on being gay) !
In many countries around the world we have some level of democracy where we are allowed to hold our own individual beliefs whether that be religious, non religious, gay, straight etc. Now It has came to my attention that in man countries gays are forbidden and some of the most drastic punishments for being gay are in place. In Sudan and Nigeria if you are suspected to be Gay you will probably be stoned to death, countries like Uganda and Iran allow decapitation and there are many others.

My point here is in our 'more civilized countries whilst we allow people to be gay we do not have any tolerance what so ever for these countries using these methods of punishment! Because we believe being gay is a human right we disallow others to hold a contrary opinion and thus brand these countries as 'wrong'...is this not a contradiction?

Countries like Sudan, Uganda and Iran have a law in place like all countries around the world and we have no right to interfere with their laws. I commend the leaders of these countries for sticking to their beliefs with the increasing protest against it and I believe people should obey their laws in their countries more, I sympathise with these governments who are currently receiving a lot of criticism
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: We should allow other countries the right to a contrary opinion (on being gay) !
(08-01-2013 07:03 PM)HailMeNow Wrote:  In many countries around the world we have some level of democracy where we are allowed to hold our own individual beliefs whether that be religious, non religious, gay, straight etc. Now It has came to my attention that in man countries gays are forbidden and some of the most drastic punishments for being gay are in place. In Sudan and Nigeria if you are suspected to be Gay you will probably be stoned to death, countries like Uganda and Iran allow decapitation and there are many others.

My point here is in our 'more civilized countries whilst we allow people to be gay we do not have any tolerance what so ever for these countries using these methods of punishment! Because we believe being gay is a human right we disallow others to hold a contrary opinion and thus brand these countries as 'wrong'...is this not a contradiction?

Countries like Sudan, Uganda and Iran have a law in place like all countries around the world and we have no right to interfere with their laws. I commend the leaders of these countries for sticking to their beliefs with the increasing protest against it and I believe people should obey their laws in their countries more, I sympathise with these governments who are currently receiving a lot of criticism
Enough! This is at least 3 threads on the same fucking ignorant topic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
08-01-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: We should allow other countries the right to a contrary opinion (on being gay) !
AHAHAHAHAAAA! OH WOW! I've been out of the game for too long. Come now troll....surely you can do better than this.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
08-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Are there absolutely no Moderators on this forum? We should at least have one for stupid people like this...

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
08-01-2013, 10:19 PM
(08-01-2013 10:15 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  Are there absolutely no Moderators on this forum? We should at least have one for stupid people like this...

We don't ban for stupid.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Who is the "we" interfering with their laws. I've not known anyone to be doing such a thing. Is disliking and mocking equal to interfering now?

Their laws are rightful to be mocked; especially when they are laws based on religious ideas.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
09-01-2013, 03:21 PM
(08-01-2013 10:55 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Who is the "we" interfering with their laws. I've not known anyone to be doing such a thing. Is disliking and mocking equal to interfering now?

Their laws are rightful to be mocked; especially when they are laws based on religious ideas.
and your opinion is supreme.
10-01-2013, 01:24 AM
(09-01-2013 03:21 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 10:55 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Who is the "we" interfering with their laws. I've not known anyone to be doing such a thing. Is disliking and mocking equal to interfering now?

and your opinion is supreme.
Supreme? like supreme gas? Omega Supreme from transformers? Supreme Overlord? Explain your strange use of this word.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
10-01-2013, 06:07 PM
(08-01-2013 09:48 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  AHAHAHAHAAAA! OH WOW! I've been out of the game for too long. Come now troll....surely you can do better than this.
Welcome back Hamata. Have you ever seen a troll suck so much at trolling as this guy? I almost pity him.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
10-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Scot, a more suck-arse troll appeared just above you. So I have to say, yes.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.