We should exalt Richard Dawkins as a mythical religious leader!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2014 07:15 AM by Mathilda.)
We should exalt Richard Dawkins as a mythical religious leader!
It just occurred to me. The christians accuse atheists of following the teachings of Richard Dawkins and Charles Darwin as if they are religious leaders.

I think we should totally embrace this.

I can personally attest to having seen Richard Dawkins walk on water and turn water into wine. It was really useful for the Cambridge and Oxford boat race and the party afterwards. That is until Cambridge university complained about cheating.

He used to be known for popping down into the local Accident & Emergency department in case anyone needed to be resuscitated, but he stopped doing that when he found that most of them came back as brain damaged zombies who required a lifetime of personal care. Local burger joints also complained when he parked a bread and fish stall outside the pubs in Oxford on a late Friday night to feed 5,000 drunk students because he undercut them with his minimal costs.

I think we can also take it on good faith reports that Charles Darwin parted the seas and lakes at the Galapagos islands when he wanted to see if fish could walk. This inspired him to come up with the theory of evolution because he saw that they would just lay on the sea bed flapping around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
25-04-2014, 04:36 AM
RE: We should exalt Richard Dawkings as a mythical religious leader!
Who is "Dawkings?" And have you been drinking? Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-04-2014, 04:40 AM
(25-04-2014 04:12 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  It just occurred to me. The christians accuse atheists of following the teachings of Richard Dawkings and Charles Darwin as if they are religious leaders.

I think we should totally embrace this.

Seems legit. Dawkins sounds every bit as inspirational as Jesus or Paul, and what a jolly old man he's too, unlike them two cranks!

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
25-04-2014, 04:41 AM
(25-04-2014 04:36 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Who is "Dawkings?" And have you been drinking? Dodgy

Sorry yes accidental g added in there. Alas I have sullied his glorious name and shall self flagellate until I reach sub-space. I shall now edit my post.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
25-04-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: We should exalt Richard Dawkins as a mythical religious leader!
(25-04-2014 04:36 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Who is "Dawkings?"

The love child of Richard Dawkins and Stephen Hawking.
[+] 10 users Like RobbyPants's post
25-04-2014, 06:13 AM
(25-04-2014 06:11 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

That would be a child worthy of exaltation!

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
25-04-2014, 06:21 AM
"I was blind, but Dawkins helped me see (reason)!"
[+] 5 users Like CleverUsername's post
25-04-2014, 06:24 AM
(25-04-2014 06:11 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

It would have to be an immaculate conception. I'm not sure that either of them could get it up. Not to mention that they're both male, but hey, we all know that biology means nothing in these situations ... Argh! What am I thinking! I shall pray to Dawkins to rid me of these blasphemous thoughts. (Hopefully he knows some neuroscience as well as genetics)
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
25-04-2014, 06:28 AM
(25-04-2014 06:24 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 06:11 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  The love child of Richard Dawkins and Stephen Hawking.

It would have to be an immaculate conception. I'm not sure that either of them could get it up. Not to mention that they're both male, but hey, we all know that biology means nothing in these situations ... Argh! What am I thinking! I shall pray to Dawkins to rid me of these blasphemous thoughts. (Hopefully he knows some neuroscience as well as genetics)

Go and study the teachings of the prophet Hithchens and the Apostles Harris and Dennet. Then will you have the inner peace you seek and you will rid yourself of such sinful thoughts. Go in peace, my sister.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
25-04-2014, 06:29 AM
Um, no. They are just people and I am not exalting anyone to the point of worshiping them. I just got free of the christian god and I am not going to replace it with something else.