We stand divided

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: We stand divided
(28-07-2016 07:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Is it me, or is this election period more heated than any previously?

It certainly seems that way to me. Any thread that touches on politics morphs onto a Trump/Clinton thread in no time. And people are all hopped up about it.

Is it because of the dem/repub standoff over the last few years? Where nothing happened because everything was sabotaged?

Is it because of the personalities of the candidates?

Is this healthy? Or is it a sign that something is wrong?

I am kind of baffled. I have friends who have turned against each other over this. Never happened before during any election phase I witnessed, and there have been quite a few.

What is this "we" stuff? Earmuffs is in NZ and I in Australia.

We Americans stand divided.

Sheeeesh. Bloody Yanks. Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
01-08-2016, 06:56 PM
(01-08-2016 06:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 07:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Is it me, or is this election period more heated than any previously?

It certainly seems that way to me. Any thread that touches on politics morphs onto a Trump/Clinton thread in no time. And people are all hopped up about it.

Is it because of the dem/repub standoff over the last few years? Where nothing happened because everything was sabotaged?

Is it because of the personalities of the candidates?

Is this healthy? Or is it a sign that something is wrong?

I am kind of baffled. I have friends who have turned against each other over this. Never happened before during any election phase I witnessed, and there have been quite a few.

What is this "we" stuff? Earmuffs is in NZ and I in Australia.

Naw, plenty of non-Americans here taking sides and head butting, too.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-08-2016, 07:13 PM
(01-08-2016 06:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 06:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What is this "we" stuff? Earmuffs is in NZ and I in Australia.

Naw, plenty of non-Americans here taking sides and head butting, too.

I am just pulling your leg Dom. You know me. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
01-08-2016, 07:28 PM
(01-08-2016 07:13 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 06:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  Naw, plenty of non-Americans here taking sides and head butting, too.

I am just pulling your leg Dom. You know me. Smile

Not to worry, you are my Espresso bro.

[Image: coffee_zpsnpzvtzbl.png]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post