We suck as atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2013, 12:53 AM
RE: We suck as atheists
(31-01-2013 11:27 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I like that about the forum though. We aren't proselytizing, preaching, or converting. We are just here, a comfortable hangout spot for comfort and reassurance as long as you need us. We are a table full of delicious pies at a bake sale. We're inviting, alluring, and delicious. But if someone comes over, tries some pie for a bit, and then goes, "OH SHIT, BACON!" and runs off to join the bacon table, we have no right to feel abandoned.

Maybe we should have made a bacon pie.

Bacon pie is an abomination. Censored

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2013, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 06:32 AM by Vera.)
(31-01-2013 11:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  Carlos Castenada sucks giant donkey balls Dodgy I read half of one of his books a million years ago and I still can't rid myself of the stench.
You and me both, brother. I didn't read half of his books, but enough to one day go "You stupid cow, just how dumb are you?" Gave all my books to a friend and tried to pretend it never happened. Ah, the stupidity of high-school....

EDIT: Apparently the answer to my rhetorical question is "very stupid"... didn't even see you said you read half of ONE of his books, not half of all his books. I'm slowly and inexorably edging towards the too stupid to live category Weeping

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
01-02-2013, 10:13 AM
(01-02-2013 12:33 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(01-02-2013 12:31 AM)Nappa Wrote:  I shall not derail this thread.

;hjklaoasdio[asd[aoenlgsdcc 8wwo45y23q9pauwejk sgz[duo
You're infected with a computer virus!!!

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
01-02-2013, 10:25 AM
IT'S BECAUSE WE LOST CANTOR!!

It was fine when all we had to deal with was his Gwynes! That was as close to devote or religious the atheists here were getting.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
01-02-2013, 10:28 AM
(01-02-2013 10:25 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  IT'S BECAUSE WE LOST CANTOR!!

It was fine when all we had to deal with was his Gwynes! That was as close to devote or religious the atheists here were getting.

So we should pledge ourselves to The Second Coming of HoC? Consider

[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
01-02-2013, 10:35 AM
(01-02-2013 10:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  So we should pledge ourselves to The Second Coming of HoC? Consider
Second? By now we're talking quadruple (at the very least) digits, Chas. (Well sorry, I can't replace Johnny, but I think I can handle subbing for Erx.)

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
02-02-2013, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 11:17 AM by GirlyMan.)
(01-02-2013 10:35 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(01-02-2013 10:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  So we should pledge ourselves to The Second Coming of HoC? Consider
Second? By now we're talking quadruple (at the very least) digits, Chas.

No, that's not right. HoC never threatened to leave, he just told us he was leaving and why, once. Dude ain't been back... That's why it's gonna be hard to get him back. But Girly's giving it the old college try anyway. Prolly 'cause I like him a lot. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-02-2013, 11:24 AM
(02-02-2013 11:13 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No, that's not right. HoC never threatened to leave, he just told us he was leaving and why, once. Dude ain't been back... That's why it's gonna be hard to get him back. But Girly's giving it the old college try anyway. Prolly 'cause I like him a lot. Thumbsup
Oh, Girly. Not sure whether to cry or laugh (at myself, derogatorily). I was chanelling Erx. I know Johnny hasn't been back. [Image: crying-smiley-sad-male-cry-tears-smiley-...medium.gif]

02-02-2013, 11:49 AM
(02-02-2013 11:13 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-02-2013 10:35 AM)Vera Wrote:  Second? By now we're talking quadruple (at the very least) digits, Chas.

No, that's not right. HoC never threatened to leave, he just told us he was leaving and why, once. Dude ain't been back... That's why it's gonna be hard to get him back. But Girly's giving it the old college try anyway. Prolly 'cause I like him a lot. Thumbsup

Yup, cleanest exit ever. Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-02-2013, 11:53 AM
(31-01-2013 09:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 04:04 PM)kim Wrote:  I don't know that I'd try it again at this age. Consider Maybe.
Ah, youth... I know too much... but never enough. Wink

At the ripe old age of 50 yo, the only thing I even consider now is the Prophet Hofmann's sacrament. Downside is it lasts for at least like 10-12 hours with a couple days recovery time. It's reserved for 3-4 day weekends. Wink

You never dropped acid? Fuck... and I thought I was straight. Shy

Interestingly, the psychiatric community has been using LSD in very diluted, very controlled treatment sessions and for the past thirty five years and have gathered some amazing data. Last I read about it, many physicians were questioned and speculated that for many of their patients, what would have taken the average 20 years of psychotherapy was cut to an average of 4 years with these "LSD guided sessions". A buddy of mine is a psychologist and he shoots me literature about things he knows I find interesting. He joked with me that he could score me some LSD but advised I might be beyond treatment. I'm still wondering if I'm supposed to laugh. Dodgy

Here's what the wikiwacker has to say about it.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post