We suck as atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2013, 12:15 PM
RE: We suck as atheists
oh boy, those were the days!
During the hippie days I was an "acid guide". I'd stick around when people dropped acid and made sure they didn't have a bad trip. Which wasn't hard, when you notice them going on a bad thought sequence, you just change the subject of their thinking to something pleasant. That always worked, but I wouldn't recommend people drop acid without an experienced guide. People can slip into paranoia real easily, and then the guide becomes an enemy too and it's a really bad thing. A guide has to be on the ball....and know how to tell what's going on in the tripper's head.
I dropped a ton of acid in those days. It's not an addictive drug, there comes a time when it actually gets boring to do. It's super interesting in the beginning.
I have seen one person who couldn't tolerate it- he would not come down and stayed "spaced out". It just didn't ever wear off. We had to take him to get treatment... and I don't know whatever became of him.
Don't go dropping acid without a good guide who has been there many times him/herself, will stay sober for you and knows what to look for.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
02-02-2013, 02:03 PM
(02-02-2013 12:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  oh boy, those were the days!
During the hippie days I was an "acid guide". I'd stick around when people dropped acid and made sure they didn't have a bad trip. Which wasn't hard, when you notice them going on a bad thought sequence, you just change the subject of their thinking to something pleasant. That always worked, but I wouldn't recommend people drop acid without an experienced guide. People can slip into paranoia real easily, and then the guide becomes an enemy too and it's a really bad thing. A guide has to be on the ball....and know how to tell what's going on in the tripper's head.
I dropped a ton of acid in those days. It's not an addictive drug, there comes a time when it actually gets boring to do. It's super interesting in the beginning.
I have seen one person who couldn't tolerate it- he would not come down and stayed "spaced out". It just didn't ever wear off. We had to take him to get treatment... and I don't know whatever became of him.
Don't go dropping acid without a good guide who has been there many times him/herself, will stay sober for you and knows what to look for.

Acid-person: "Spiders! Spiders are crawling under my ski-"

Guide: "Bunny rabbits."

A-P: "Pretty bunny, wee!!"

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
02-02-2013, 02:10 PM
I don't know. I think I make a fairly average atheist. So I wouldn't say I suck. Consider

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
02-02-2013, 02:18 PM
(02-02-2013 02:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I don't know. I think I make a fairly average atheist. So I wouldn't say I suck. Consider

Damn!

You *had* to have seen that coming, right ?
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM
(02-02-2013 02:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 02:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I don't know. I think I make a fairly average atheist. So I wouldn't say I suck. Consider

Damn!

You *had* to have seen that coming, right ?
Well someone had to give you something to do. Yes

Seriously though I didn't *facepalm*

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
02-02-2013, 02:24 PM
A very important thing to remember is that while not addictive, LSD sucks the electrolytes and vitamins right out of your body; these quickly need to be replenished after a trip and I would even say during. Some things need sugar while some need protein so, fresh fruits & cheese along with a B12 complex is perfect or those fortified smoothie drinks will get the job done. Shit, I'd be willing to bet those drinks were probably concoctions created by former hippies!! Wink

I never, ever had a bad trip. And it feels really good to be with someone to talk them through it. I honestly think everyone should have the chance to be on either side of this experience at least once in their life. I think it can help people get into their ideas of trust and understanding and relating to others - it's quite a positive experience. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
02-02-2013, 02:25 PM
(02-02-2013 02:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Well someone had to give you something to do. Yes

Seriously though I didn't *facepalm*

No facepalm ? I guess your palm was bus... eeeeek! Bechased
02-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Yes, yes we do. Because we weren't allowed to as Xtians.

(Aaaand - back to you hobbitgirl Tongue )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
02-02-2013, 02:34 PM

The effects of all drugs on consciousness should be more open to experiment by self consenting individuals.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
02-02-2013, 05:25 PM
(02-02-2013 12:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  oh boy, those were the days!
During the hippie days I was an "acid guide".

Acid Queen, Dom. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post