We suck as atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: We suck as atheists
(03-02-2013 12:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 07:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that LSD helped me see interconnectedness in the universe. My thinking changed to see that links exist, that nothing is independent.

I had one bad trip - alone, cold rain, 4AM - I shudder when I think about it. The sense of linkage was blotted out by an overwhelming sense of being alone, small, helpless, cold, finite in a dark universe. I was in the abyss.

When I integrated those ways of thinking/seeing/feeling, I was at peace with my place in the vastness of existence.

Sounds 'bout right. ... Except for your characterization of that one trip as "bad". ... Drinking Beverage

Well, it seemed bad at the time. Shocking But you make a good point if you mean that it wasn't useless.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Did anyone who took LSD saw something similar? Shocking

[Image: B23.land_of_psychedelic_illuminations.jpg]

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin
Find all posts by this user
03-02-2013, 12:53 PM
(03-02-2013 12:33 PM)Chaos Wrote:  Did anyone who took LSD saw something similar? Shocking

Nope. Just saw normal shit in an entirely different way. ...

Since 08-01-2015 I have forgiven HeyWouldYouBlowMe 40 times for being a hypocritical uninformed false Christian piece of shit asshole in his insults to forum members. In each case, I just turned the other cheek and let it go.
03-02-2013, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 01:10 PM by Dom.)
(03-02-2013 12:33 PM)Chaos Wrote:  Did anyone who took LSD saw something similar? Shocking

Rofl. no! On LSD, maybe if you stare at a textured surface long enough, it seems to show movement. That's about it for hallucinations.
Actual hallucinations are frequent on mescaline, a naturally occurring compound.
So many myths surrounding drugs, probably all thought up and spread by people who never experienced them.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-02-2013, 01:09 PM
(03-02-2013 12:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nope. Just saw normal shit in an entirely different way. ...
Then what drug makes you see that shit? I had a weird dream which looked that way and I wonder why my perception during that dream was so psychedelic and if there was some kind of weird chemical in my brain that affected my senses.

The dream was this way: I was in a town made of colors which were interconnected and were flowing in waves and the motion of colors gave the feeling of time flowing. This dream has repeated 3 times and I've always wondered what it meant.

Please don't think I'm searching for mystic explanations.

03-02-2013, 01:13 PM
(03-02-2013 01:09 PM)Chaos Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 12:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nope. Just saw normal shit in an entirely different way. ...
Then what drug makes you see that shit? I had a weird dream which looked that way and I wonder why my perception during that dream was so psychedelic and if there was some kind of weird chemical in my brain that affected my senses.

The dream was this way: I was in a town made of colors which were interconnected and were flowing in waves and the motion of colors gave the feeling of time flowing. This dream has repeated 3 times and I've always wondered what it meant.

Please don't think I'm searching for mystic explanations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mescaline

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-02-2013, 01:34 PM
(03-02-2013 01:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mescaline
I thought LSD makes you see in colors too because of this lady:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...Gf2loLAwVE

Never took any kind of drugs (and I don't smoke either) Blush Thanks for the link.

03-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Interesting. I must assume that colors mattered a lot to her - and that is what she got into. You get into all kinds of things, whatever you concentrate on.
I remember getting into colors when I was on a beach that had a forest thicket come right up to it. The many, many shades of green of the trees - the individual leaves all of a different color depending on how the sun hit them, and yet a random repetition of colors throughout the forest. And that contrasted by the ever changing blues and greens of the ocean, along with the beiges and whites of the sand there, I spent hours drinking in colors on that trip. And it still is with me today when I look at a forest - all the different shades of green make me want to paint. The whole thing made me appreciate colors in a way I never had before.
She talks about the air being thick with molecules - another trip I was very aware of particles in the air. We tend to think of air as clear, but I saw it having substance.
You have to know that on LSD you experience things in fast succession, and language is not able to follow. By the time you said one word, you already have moved on to a dozen new sensations or thoughts. It is impossible to capture the experience with language. That is why you see her looking quizzically, losing the thread of the conversation, then retrieving it for a moment, then losing it again... while you are sitting there waiting for her to talk, she has had a myriad of experiences.
The concept of you and me can become blurred, we can become as one, empathy is in a very heightened state.
You can take LSD a thousand times, and no one trip will ever be the same as any other. There can be some recurring themes, but the actual experience is always totally different.
Mescaline almost always has hallucinations associated with it, and they can be a lot more like the picture you posted.

03-02-2013, 02:10 PM
(03-02-2013 01:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  Mescaline almost always has hallucinations associated with it, and they can be a lot more like the picture you posted.
Well, I never took mescaline either. Maybe I just ate a weird mushroom at that time. Blink
The pic however it's crap comparing with my dream. I saw LOTS of colors, they were so many and so bright.
I thought the dream was actually frightening and not pleasant at all.

03-02-2013, 02:13 PM
And here I thought weird-ass hallucinations was the theist territory, not ours....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.