We suck as atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: We suck as atheists
Lol KVron! That made me smile. I don't know if it was intentional, but I still had a giggle. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 03:01 PM
(31-01-2013 01:31 PM)frankiej Wrote:  If it isn't just a massive troll, then I don't really know what to think about it...
[Image: 27143537.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
31-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Aww... I kinda liked Vera..

Oh well, there goes that.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
31-01-2013, 03:03 PM
(31-01-2013 03:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Aww... I kinda liked Vera..
Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
31-01-2013, 03:13 PM
We still love you Vera. Hug

[Image: giphy.gif]
31-01-2013, 03:21 PM
(31-01-2013 01:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  Xin is 16 and exploring the world. I hope he tries some magic mushrooms - those are an amazing experience.
Vera - not so sure about this whole thing.
And yes, what Anjele said.

Meh, who cares what people believe? I never got off on 'shrooms. And I'm pretty sure we're on this planet to get off. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
31-01-2013, 03:33 PM
(31-01-2013 03:21 PM)kim Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 01:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  Xin is 16 and exploring the world. I hope he tries some magic mushrooms - those are an amazing experience.
Vera - not so sure about this whole thing.
And yes, what Anjele said.

Meh, who cares what people believe? I never got off on 'shrooms. And I'm pretty sure we're on this planet to get off. Dodgy
So you wanna get off this planet? Tongue 'shrooms are great, or the ones I had many years ago were anyway. I do care what people believe, but I respect their right to believe whatever they like. Some people like to hop from religion to religion and go on a journey, it's kind of like cultural travelling.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-01-2013, 04:04 PM
(31-01-2013 03:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 03:21 PM)kim Wrote:  Meh, who cares what people believe? I never got off on 'shrooms. And I'm pretty sure we're on this planet to get off. Dodgy
So you wanna get off this planet? Tongue 'shrooms are great, or the ones I had many years ago were anyway. I do care what people believe, but I respect their right to believe whatever they like. Some people like to hop from religion to religion and go on a journey, it's kind of like cultural travelling.

Yea, I really appreciate Xin's wanderlust... hope he encounters some good times and good stories.
Personally, whatever people believe is up to them - if their belief effects anything outside them or their health - we might have a discussion, but that's probably the extent of my involvement in the belief of others.

I do find it interesting though - the different takes on belief. Ha - I've read the Bhagavad Gita three times - and each was "interpreted" by a different Swami. Each successive time was a bit of a downer and none were as satisfying as just reading the "original" writings without the interpretation.

In his travels, I kind of hope Xin runs across one of my favorite books - Autobiography of a Yogi - the autobiography of Paramahansa Yogananda - some really great story telling there. Shy

No, I'd tried Mushrooms a couple of times but they never did anything for me... maybe I got an inert batch... or maybe I just slept through it. Undecided
However, I did do some peyote - -WWWWow! That was great. I don't know that I'd try it again at this age. Consider Maybe.
Ah, youth... I know too much... but never enough. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
31-01-2013, 07:18 PM
It's ok. We may suck as atheists, but they swallow as theists.

A little word-play and we still come out on top. Big Grin

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Misanthropik's post
31-01-2013, 08:16 PM
AW: We suck as atheists
Oh, well, they obviously weren't real atheists to begin with.

/'No true Scotsman'-rationalization

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post