We suck as atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2013, 01:57 AM
RE: We suck as atheists
How the hell did you arrive from "we suck as atheists" to "LCD"?? Consider

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 02:39 AM
(03-02-2013 01:57 AM)KVron Wrote:  How the hell did you arrive from "we suck as atheists" to "LCD"?? Consider

We are suck so terribly that we cannot even stay on track in a simply discussion. Weeping

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
03-02-2013, 02:59 AM
(03-02-2013 02:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 01:57 AM)KVron Wrote:  How the hell did you arrive from "we suck as atheists" to "LCD"?? Consider

We are suck so terribly that we cannot even stay on track in a simply discussion. Weeping
L....CD?

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
03-02-2013, 03:02 AM
(03-02-2013 02:59 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 02:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  We are suck so terribly that we cannot even stay on track in a simply discussion. Weeping
L....CD?

D...L...D?

03-02-2013, 03:04 AM
(03-02-2013 02:59 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 02:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  We are suck so terribly that we cannot even stay on track in a simply discussion. Weeping
L....CD?
LSD I meant Blush

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
03-02-2013, 03:07 AM
Albert Hofmann would be very disappointed in you.

03-02-2013, 06:55 AM
(02-02-2013 02:24 PM)kim Wrote:  A very important thing to remember is that while not addictive, LSD sucks the electrolytes and vitamins right out of your body; these quickly need to be replenished after a trip and I would even say during. Some things need sugar while some need protein so, fresh fruits & cheese along with a B12 complex is perfect or those fortified smoothie drinks will get the job done. Shit, I'd be willing to bet those drinks were probably concoctions created by former hippies!! Wink

I never, ever had a bad trip. And it feels really good to be with someone to talk them through it. I honestly think everyone should have the chance to be on either side of this experience at least once in their life. I think it can help people get into their ideas of trust and understanding and relating to others - it's quite a positive experience. Smile
Very true. You feel like you just climbed Mount Kilimanjaro when you come down. Worn out and once you wind down all the way you sleep like a baby. It's very important to eat/drink before you start and when you come down.
We often picked topics for the trip, nature, architecture, painting, music, all kinds of things. Trips with topics were the best. You come out with a better understanding and appreciation afterwards. You perceive details, how things fit together, what impact they have and how humans fit into it. While you may forget much of the trip itself over the years, what you learned will stick. It will change you and the way you look at things, it opens up dimensions of thought and perception you wouldn't have otherwise.
Whether you you concentrate on things or on humans, you will pervceive nuances and details that escaped you before, and it will all make a lot more sense. The way you think makes more sense. It's just an interesting experience.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-02-2013, 07:13 AM
(03-02-2013 06:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 02:24 PM)kim Wrote:  A very important thing to remember is that while not addictive, LSD sucks the electrolytes and vitamins right out of your body; these quickly need to be replenished after a trip and I would even say during. Some things need sugar while some need protein so, fresh fruits & cheese along with a B12 complex is perfect or those fortified smoothie drinks will get the job done. Shit, I'd be willing to bet those drinks were probably concoctions created by former hippies!! Wink

I never, ever had a bad trip. And it feels really good to be with someone to talk them through it. I honestly think everyone should have the chance to be on either side of this experience at least once in their life. I think it can help people get into their ideas of trust and understanding and relating to others - it's quite a positive experience. Smile
Very true. You feel like you just climbed Mount Kilimanjaro when you come down. Worn out and once you wind down all the way you sleep like a baby. It's very important to eat/drink before you start and when you come down.
We often picked topics for the trip, nature, architecture, painting, music, all kinds of things. Trips with topics were the best. You come out with a better understanding and appreciation afterwards. You perceive details, how things fit together, what impact they have and how humans fit into it. While you may forget much of the trip itself over the years, what you learned will stick. It will change you and the way you look at things, it opens up dimensions of thought and perception you wouldn't have otherwise.
Whether you you concentrate on things or on humans, you will pervceive nuances and details that escaped you before, and it will all make a lot more sense. The way you think makes more sense. It's just an interesting experience.
I'm pretty sure that LSD helped me see interconnectedness in the universe. My thinking changed to see that links exist, that nothing is independent.

I had one bad trip - alone, cold rain, 4AM - I shudder when I think about it. The sense of linkage was blotted out by an overwhelming sense of being alone, small, helpless, cold, finite in a dark universe. I was in the abyss.

When I integrated those ways of thinking/seeing/feeling, I was at peace with my place in the vastness of existence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
03-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Atheists going on "cultural" trips - be it a variety of religions or prolongued stays in different countries or mind altering drugs - you are not a bad atheist just because you foray into alternate ways of perception.
Quite the opposite I think, it helps to gain perspective and integrate your views.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-02-2013, 12:23 PM
(03-02-2013 07:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that LSD helped me see interconnectedness in the universe. My thinking changed to see that links exist, that nothing is independent.

I had one bad trip - alone, cold rain, 4AM - I shudder when I think about it. The sense of linkage was blotted out by an overwhelming sense of being alone, small, helpless, cold, finite in a dark universe. I was in the abyss.

When I integrated those ways of thinking/seeing/feeling, I was at peace with my place in the vastness of existence.

Sounds 'bout right. ... Except for your characterization of that one trip as "bad". ... Drinking Beverage

Breathing - it's more art than science.