We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(26-04-2016 12:57 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 05:53 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I have a longstanding challenge for any theist, if you would love to take it on-air:

I will convert to Christianity or Judaism if you can:

Successfully explain (to my satisfaction) The Exodus narrative where God is Moral and Good.

That is interesting, but I'm not interested in converting anyone. I really don't care to convert anyone to Christianity; not my business. I'm only interested in making sure that we are providing accurate information when we talk about atheists.

If that is true, and all you want is to provide accurate information about atheists, then the information you provide is simple.

Atheists don't believe in gods.

That is the ONLY defining characteristic of an atheist. Any other "information" is inaccurate. There's nothing more than that. Period. If you apply any other qualification for atheism you are doing so dishonestly.

Interview done.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 15 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-04-2016, 01:07 PM
(24-04-2016 02:54 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 02:25 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I am not that big of a talker but I would love to come on your show sometime depending on what it is you want to talk about.

My take on this? Don't even think of going on their talk show, as they're just trying to set up an atheist for a major fall—in order to claim some sort of moral victory in the name of religion. You'll never get a fair hearing; the entire interview will be loaded in their favour, with a pre-determined outcome—regardless of your input along the way.

Their cherry-picked list of talk-show guests have apparently been chosen for two primary reasons; most of them have accredited academic qualifications (appeal to authority?) and a belief in paranormal phenomena and supernatural entities such as miracles, angels, ghosts, spirits etc. And of course an absolute belief in the existence of gods.

You are perfectly welcome to come on the show and you will be given 30 uninterrupted minutes to make your point. Just give me an outline a head of time so I know what you are going to talk about. We will not argue with you; hang up if we do. You will be welcome just like ALL of our guests. We will not try to convert you to Christianity; I don't care and it's not my job. You're only there so we present the correct information from the point of an atheist to our listeners.
26-04-2016, 01:09 PM
(26-04-2016 12:57 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  That is interesting, but I'm not interested in converting anyone. I really don't care to convert anyone to Christianity; not my business. I'm only interested in making sure that we are providing accurate information when we talk about atheists.

That is commendable, however atheists do not represent a unified system of belief. Atheism is restricted to the question of belief in god. Beyond that the opinions of any individual atheist are applicable only to that atheist.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-04-2016, 01:10 PM
(26-04-2016 01:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Atheists don't believe in gods.

That's why I'm a Metheist. A fine compromise in my opinion.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-04-2016, 01:11 PM
(24-04-2016 02:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 02:31 AM)SYZ Wrote:  My guess is that this was a drive-by, and thankfully we won't see him here again.

I'd bet this thread all becomes fodder for some reaffirming wank-session of a future podcast episode where he doubles down on all of that.

Actually you will be hearing from me quite often, if you accept my questions. But I promise to never argue or try to convert you. Because, I don't care and it ain't my job.
[+] 1 user Likes kyrocketman's post
26-04-2016, 01:21 PM
(26-04-2016 01:11 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 02:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'd bet this thread all becomes fodder for some reaffirming wank-session of a future podcast episode where he doubles down on all of that.

Actually you will be hearing from me quite often, if you accept my questions. But I promise to never argue or try to convert you. Because, I don't care and it ain't my job.

I expect you will get a variety of answers, although the tone of the answers will depend on the questions.

Discussion and/or argument is welcome, conversion attempts, less so.

Are you willing to answer questions?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Hello again! Smile

(26-04-2016 01:11 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Actually you will be hearing from me quite often, if you accept my questions. But I promise to never argue or try to convert you. Because, I don't care and it ain't my job.

I, for one, look forward to your questions.

As for coming on your show. ...... sadly I don't really have any 'Points' other than being a 'Non-theist'.

But I talk funny, so might be good for some laughs. Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
26-04-2016, 01:33 PM
(26-04-2016 01:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 12:57 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  That is interesting, but I'm not interested in converting anyone. I really don't care to convert anyone to Christianity; not my business. I'm only interested in making sure that we are providing accurate information when we talk about atheists.

Why do you talk about atheists? Consider

We are scientists on God-Talk. We are trying to explain how improbable things have happened to us. I have a friend that I had not spoken to for 20 years; while I was looking up his phone number, my phone rang and he was calling me. Would an atheist say that is just coincidence?
Maybe you can come on the show and tell us what you think.
26-04-2016, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016 01:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-04-2016 01:11 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 02:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'd bet this thread all becomes fodder for some reaffirming wank-session of a future podcast episode where he doubles down on all of that.

I'll accept your questions. By the way, is KY RocketMan a new sex act involving a lubricant, a man, and his missile?

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-04-2016, 01:38 PM
(26-04-2016 01:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:11 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Actually you will be hearing from me quite often, if you accept my questions. But I promise to never argue or try to convert you. Because, I don't care and it ain't my job.

I'll accept your questions. By the way, is KY RocketMan a new sex act involving a lubricant, a man, and his missile?

Per anum ad astra

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post