We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: We want to hear from you at God-Talk.com
(26-04-2016 01:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  We are scientists on God-Talk. We are trying to explain how improbable things have happened to us.

Events happen. Sometimes weird events happen. Over the course of a person's life, a few really weird events are likely to happen.

(26-04-2016 01:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I have a friend that I had not spoken to for 20 years; while I was looking up his phone number, my phone rang and he was calling me. Would an atheist say that is just coincidence?

I would. (Other atheists might not.)
I have had events like that happen occasionally. I acknowledge the strangeness, the coincidence, but I don't see how it could be anything but chance.

What would your explanation be?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-04-2016, 01:41 PM
(26-04-2016 01:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 12:57 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  That is interesting, but I'm not interested in converting anyone. I really don't care to convert anyone to Christianity; not my business. I'm only interested in making sure that we are providing accurate information when we talk about atheists.

If that is true, and all you want is to provide accurate information about atheists, then the information you provide is simple.

Atheists don't believe in gods.

That is the ONLY defining characteristic of an atheist. Any other "information" is inaccurate. There's nothing more than that. Period. If you apply any other qualification for atheism you are doing so dishonestly.

Interview done.

At God-Talk, we don't care if you believe or don't believe in God. I only want to know how NOT believing in God effects how you treat other people. We want to know your thoughts on ghosts, death of a love one, and naturalism.
26-04-2016, 01:41 PM
(26-04-2016 01:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you talk about atheists? Consider

We are scientists on God-Talk. We are trying to explain how improbable things have happened to us. I have a friend that I had not spoken to for 20 years; while I was looking up his phone number, my phone rang and he was calling me. Would an atheist say that is just coincidence?
Maybe you can come on the show and tell us what you think.

So vastly improbable that it could never, *ever* have occurred without supernatural agency? I mean I hear tell that life is so improbable as to be laughable. So... I guess that proves God is looking out for people who're looking up their friend's phone numbers from 20 years ago Smile Now if only we could get him to care about starving kiddies and amputees Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
26-04-2016, 01:43 PM
(26-04-2016 01:33 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you talk about atheists? Consider

We are scientists on God-Talk. We are trying to explain how improbable things have happened to us. I have a friend that I had not spoken to for 20 years; while I was looking up his phone number, my phone rang and he was calling me. Would an atheist say that is just coincidence?
Maybe you can come on the show and tell us what you think.

yes, thats a coincidence. what else would it be?
26-04-2016, 01:46 PM
(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  I only want to know how NOT believing in God effects how you treat other people.
I have an unbearable urge to correct their spelling. After all I've only got this one life.

Quote: We want to know your thoughts on ghosts, death of a love one, and naturalism.
Ghosts don't exist. Loved ones die and are gone forever. We will never see them again and even the memories will fade. It's a shit deal, right enough.

Naturalism I assume you refer to the idea that all things are bound by natural law and thus that the supernatural does not exist. Yes. I agree with that.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
26-04-2016, 01:47 PM
(26-04-2016 01:21 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:11 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Actually you will be hearing from me quite often, if you accept my questions. But I promise to never argue or try to convert you. Because, I don't care and it ain't my job.

I expect you will get a variety of answers, although the tone of the answers will depend on the questions.

Discussion and/or argument is welcome, conversion attempts, less so.

Are you willing to answer questions?

I would love to answer questions about Astrophysics, the beginning of life, evolution, ghosts (not so much), and happiness. If it is a very difficult question, I'll have to get help from my co-host so that will take longer to respond. Sorry.
26-04-2016, 01:51 PM
(26-04-2016 01:47 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 01:21 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I expect you will get a variety of answers, although the tone of the answers will depend on the questions.

Discussion and/or argument is welcome, conversion attempts, less so.

Are you willing to answer questions?

I would love to answer questions about Astrophysics, the beginning of life, evolution, ghosts (not so much), and happiness. If it is a very difficult question, I'll have to get help from my co-host so that will take longer to respond. Sorry.

You said you're a Christian? Why?

26-04-2016, 01:52 PM
(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  At God-Talk, we don't care if you believe or don't believe in God. I only want to know how NOT believing in God effects how you treat other people.

It makes me a kinder, gentler GirlyMan.

(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  We want to know your thoughts on ghosts, ...

Dualism is untenable. Many have tried. All have failed.

(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  ... death of a love one,

It sucks.

(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  ... and naturalism.

"Iinduction is the glory of science and the scandal of philosophy." - C. D. Broad

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-04-2016, 01:52 PM
(26-04-2016 01:21 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello again! Smile

(26-04-2016 01:11 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  Actually you will be hearing from me quite often, if you accept my questions. But I promise to never argue or try to convert you. Because, I don't care and it ain't my job.

I, for one, look forward to your questions.

As for coming on your show. ...... sadly I don't really have any 'Points' other than being a 'Non-theist'.

But I talk funny, so might be good for some laughs. Big Grin

Hey 50% of a successful show is entertainment. Laugh out load If you sound funny and won't make fun of my accent, we would love to have you. We can provide the questions, if you care to give an honest answer.
26-04-2016, 01:55 PM
(26-04-2016 01:52 PM)kyrocketman Wrote:  We can provide the questions, if you care to give an honest answer.

What kind of half-arsed devil worshippers do you take us for?

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post